Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts New!  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com
 
Vintage Splitty Photos
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 267, 268, 269 ... 272, 273, 274  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Print View
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Clara Premium Member
Samba Member


Joined: June 14, 2003
Posts: 11739

Clara is offline 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage Splitty Photos Reply with quote

MrPolak wrote:
aa390392 wrote:
Thinking that bus is stashed away in some dark corner of a hanger at the Santa Cruz airport Laughing


As luck would indicate, the roof removed was probably full of those little windows and a sunroof.


It was in Scotts Valley, just up the hill from Santa Cruz.
Isn't there a thread on that bus?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

_________________
The Obsolete Air-Cooled Documentation Project http://oacdp.org/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator


Joined: April 11, 2000
Posts: 64964
Location: Phoenix, AZ
EverettB is offline 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage Splitty Photos Reply with quote

Bucket of Blood saloon
Center brakelight Bus converted to a camper with some extra taillights
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

_________________
How to Post Photos
Everett Barnes - [email protected] | My wanted ads
"Water is the only drink for a wise man" | "Communication prevents complaints"
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member


Joined: November 01, 2004
Posts: 12702
Location: Casa de Oro, California
BarryL is offline 

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage Splitty Photos Reply with quote

Clara wrote:
MrPolak wrote:
aa390392 wrote:
Thinking that bus is stashed away in some dark corner of a hanger at the Santa Cruz airport Laughing


As luck would indicate, the roof removed was probably full of those little windows and a sunroof.


It was in Scotts Valley, just up the hill from Santa Cruz.
Isn't there a thread on that bus?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

People smoked underway and used the ashtrays too. I wonder how many ember burns there are and fire-in-the-eyes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Blue Baron
Samba Member


Joined: June 16, 2006
Posts: 14207
Location: Southeast USA
Blue Baron is offline 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage Splitty Photos Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

_________________
nshaddox wrote:
Pictures to follow because no one reads words anyways.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Blue Baron
Samba Member


Joined: June 16, 2006
Posts: 14207
Location: Southeast USA
Blue Baron is offline 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage Splitty Photos Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

_________________
nshaddox wrote:
Pictures to follow because no one reads words anyways.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member


Joined: November 02, 2004
Posts: 18258
Location: Sandpoint, ID
cdennisg is offline 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage Splitty Photos Reply with quote

Blue Baron wrote:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.


The thought that this one might still be alive somewhere makes me happy.
_________________
Stupidity should be a two minute penalty.

- The Hockey Guy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Busted-bolt
Samba Member


Joined: April 14, 2018
Posts: 383
Location: minnesoota
Busted-bolt is offline 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage Splitty Photos Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
Blue Baron wrote:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.


The thought that this one might still be alive somewhere makes me happy.
Enjoying a zen moment Wink
_________________
I seldom meet a rusted fastener i did not like. VW collection 60 black three finger apron beetle, 61 grey commercial (og patina for now),62 bgr sr samba(next project. 60 zombi kombi walk through. I do all my own work,body,engine and transmission.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Blue Baron
Samba Member


Joined: June 16, 2006
Posts: 14207
Location: Southeast USA
Blue Baron is offline 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage Splitty Photos Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.


Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

_________________
nshaddox wrote:
Pictures to follow because no one reads words anyways.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pyrOman
Fire Master


Joined: July 21, 2003
Posts: 12054
Location: Over 2002 posts deleted!
pyrOman is offline 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage Splitty Photos Reply with quote

Blue Baron wrote:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.


Nice woody! Cool
_________________
Some people are so busy being clever they don't have time enough to be wise.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mandraks
Samba Member


Joined: November 28, 2004
Posts: 6024
Location: Lawrenceville, Ga
mandraks is offline 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage Splitty Photos Reply with quote

pyrOman wrote:
Blue Baron wrote:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.


Nice woody! Cool


how can you tell?
_________________
regards

Uli

----------------------------------------
'53 3-Fold Oval, L35 Metallic Blue, looking for a narrow hatch panel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
German Krew
Samba Member


Joined: March 03, 2005
Posts: 508
Location: Texas
German Krew is offline 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage Splitty Photos Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Title: Boat show 1963
Location: Main Street, Columbia, S.C.

Short description:
Boats, station wagons and camper vans on display on Main Street, 1963.
From The State Newspaper Photograph Archive.

Longer:
Boats, station wagons and Volkswagen camper vans on display on Main Street during the 1963 Boat Show. This photograph was taken from a window in the Palmetto Building and shows the 1400 and 1500 blocks of Main, including J. C. Penney Co., King’s Jewelers, Haltiwanger's, and Belk’s department store.

Damn Everett everything in this photo seems amazing how cool it would of been to see this advertising / show for family vehicles.
Applause Applause Applause Applause
_________________
1951 Split Standard Hoffman Build

1960 Dove Blue Double Cab Patina Build

german krew
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mandraks
Samba Member


Joined: November 28, 2004
Posts: 6024
Location: Lawrenceville, Ga
mandraks is offline 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage Splitty Photos Reply with quote

German Krew wrote:
EverettB wrote:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Title: Boat show 1963
Location: Main Street, Columbia, S.C.

Short description:
Boats, station wagons and camper vans on display on Main Street, 1963.
From The State Newspaper Photograph Archive.

Longer:
Boats, station wagons and Volkswagen camper vans on display on Main Street during the 1963 Boat Show. This photograph was taken from a window in the Palmetto Building and shows the 1400 and 1500 blocks of Main, including J. C. Penney Co., King’s Jewelers, Haltiwanger's, and Belk’s department store.

Damn Everett everything in this photo seems amazing how cool it would of been to see this advertising / show for family vehicles.
Applause Applause Applause Applause


here is another one from Columbia SC
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

_________________
regards

Uli

----------------------------------------
'53 3-Fold Oval, L35 Metallic Blue, looking for a narrow hatch panel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
German Krew
Samba Member


Joined: March 03, 2005
Posts: 508
Location: Texas
German Krew is offline 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage Splitty Photos Reply with quote

So sick! Very Happy
_________________
1951 Split Standard Hoffman Build

1960 Dove Blue Double Cab Patina Build

german krew
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member


Joined: November 01, 2004
Posts: 12702
Location: Casa de Oro, California
BarryL is offline 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage Splitty Photos Reply with quote

German Krew wrote:
Damn Everett everything in this photo seems amazing how cool it would of been to see this advertising / show for family vehicles.
Applause Applause Applause Applause

They always gave out free popcorn and soda pop too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mandraks
Samba Member


Joined: November 28, 2004
Posts: 6024
Location: Lawrenceville, Ga
mandraks is offline 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage Splitty Photos Reply with quote

BarryL wrote:
German Krew wrote:
Damn Everett everything in this photo seems amazing how cool it would of been to see this advertising / show for family vehicles.
Applause Applause Applause Applause

They always gave out free popcorn and soda pop too.


you mean coke? right?
_________________
regards

Uli

----------------------------------------
'53 3-Fold Oval, L35 Metallic Blue, looking for a narrow hatch panel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
AS350driver
Samba Member


Joined: April 17, 2016
Posts: 1055
Location: Tucson
AS350driver is offline 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage Splitty Photos Reply with quote

mandraks wrote:
BarryL wrote:
German Krew wrote:
Damn Everett everything in this photo seems amazing how cool it would of been to see this advertising / show for family vehicles.
Applause Applause Applause Applause

They always gave out free popcorn and soda pop too.


you mean coke? right?


Which kind of coke? Mountain Dew, Dr Pepper, or regular? Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
peecee69 Premium Member
Samba Member


Joined: January 27, 2005
Posts: 1387
Location: Annapolis, MD/Bloomfield Hills, MI
peecee69 is offline 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage Splitty Photos Reply with quote

AS350driver wrote:
mandraks wrote:
BarryL wrote:
German Krew wrote:
Damn Everett everything in this photo seems amazing how cool it would of been to see this advertising / show for family vehicles.
Applause Applause Applause Applause

They always gave out free popcorn and soda pop too.


you mean coke? right?


Which kind of coke? Mountain Dew, Dr Pepper, or regular? Smile


You sound like you're from Georgia. Only place I've heard of non-coke drinks described as Coke. Very Happy

Coke, pop, soda, soft drink. It's funny how this simple drink has so many names, just within the US.
_________________
1973 Standard Beetle - running maintenance thread - https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=675712&highlight=
1966 Doublecab - Starting resto - https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=668518&highlight=
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
AS350driver
Samba Member


Joined: April 17, 2016
Posts: 1055
Location: Tucson
AS350driver is offline 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage Splitty Photos Reply with quote

peecee69 wrote:
AS350driver wrote:
mandraks wrote:
BarryL wrote:
German Krew wrote:
Damn Everett everything in this photo seems amazing how cool it would of been to see this advertising / show for family vehicles.
Applause Applause Applause Applause

They always gave out free popcorn and soda pop too.


you mean coke? right?


Which kind of coke? Mountain Dew, Dr Pepper, or regular? Smile


You sound like you're from Georgia. Only place I've heard of non-coke drinks described as Coke. Very Happy

Coke, pop, soda, soft drink. It's funny how this simple drink has so many names, just within the US.
m

Not Georgia, but close. This was typical conversation when I was back in the South.

Hey, you won’t a coke?......Yep, I could sure stand one.....Alright, what flavor you won’t ? ....... I’ll take the pepsi kind, if you got it.

And a VW bus is a ......Vokes wagging van or, alternatively, a Voltz wagging van
And camper buses are all Westa-feelya’s. And the guitarist for the British rock band Cream? That’s Erk Clampton, of course.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KWZ
Samba Member


Joined: July 11, 2004
Posts: 1312
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
KWZ is offline 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage Splitty Photos Reply with quote

Wonder what the story was on the brand new 15 window poptop. Could you imagine making those cuts? Barf.
_________________
'57 sunroof Standard
'63 15 window
'65 Westy SO44
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mandraks
Samba Member


Joined: November 28, 2004
Posts: 6024
Location: Lawrenceville, Ga
mandraks is offline 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage Splitty Photos Reply with quote

peecee69 wrote:
AS350driver wrote:
mandraks wrote:
BarryL wrote:
German Krew wrote:
Damn Everett everything in this photo seems amazing how cool it would of been to see this advertising / show for family vehicles.
Applause Applause Applause Applause

They always gave out free popcorn and soda pop too.


you mean coke? right?


Which kind of coke? Mountain Dew, Dr Pepper, or regular? Smile


You sound like you're from Georgia. Only place I've heard of non-coke drinks described as Coke. Very Happy

Coke, pop, soda, soft drink. It's funny how this simple drink has so many names, just within the US.


Peecee69 South Carolina is right next door, if you look at the map, north up, for you it would be left Smile
_________________
regards

Uli

----------------------------------------
'53 3-Fold Oval, L35 Metallic Blue, looking for a narrow hatch panel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 267, 268, 269 ... 272, 273, 274  Next
Jump to:
Page 268 of 274

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2020, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB