Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Vintage Splitty Photos
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 155, 156, 157 ... 431, 432, 433  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage Splitty Photos Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
Can anyone see the state?

No but there's blood and spang on the visor. Is the thing the seat is on a homemade sliding wooden roof?

cdennisg wrote:
I saw and wondered the same thing, Greg

Unofficial anti-child fight divider. Hope a child was not involved.
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage Splitty Photos Reply with quote

BarryL wrote:
Is the thing the seat is on a homemade sliding wooden roof?

It's a universal (U haul style) roof rack with plywood on it (upside down now).

I'm curious how the seat got there, did it exit through the cargo doors?

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
RHD Notch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage Splitty Photos Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
I was also trying to read that plate. Can anyone see the state?

I believe it is a 1963 or 1966 Massachusetts license plate. It looks like MASS used the year in front of the state every other year throughout the 60's...

For example: 63 MASS vs. MASS 64

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I have some other projects I'd like to finish first and I want to drive this bus while I'm working on those to help stay motivated.
Blue Baron
VW Aficionado

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:09 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage Splitty Photos Reply with quote

Heinz Nordhoff
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Krustybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage Splitty Photos Reply with quote

aerosilver wrote:
This IS a flipped picture! Smile

Handy phone booth in the middle of nowhere.
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage Splitty Photos Reply with quote

Krustybus wrote:
... middle of nowhere.

With baseball diamonds and night field lighting. Maybe they were U-turning to make a call.

I just noticed the bus has a blocky looking side step that didn't get bent or fly off.
Homeresque
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage Splitty Photos Reply with quote

Quote:

Prolly taking it to the dump...isn't that where most middle seats went?
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage Splitty Photos Reply with quote

Homeresque wrote:
Quote:

Yep, but that is a front seat.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here

Слава Україні!
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage Splitty Photos Reply with quote

busdaddy wrote:
Homeresque wrote:
Quote:

Yep, but that is a front seat.

With a uber rare seat divider Wink Rolling Eyes

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage Splitty Photos Reply with quote

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Blue Baron
VW Aficionado

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage Splitty Photos Reply with quote

Heinz Nordhoff
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage Splitty Photos Reply with quote

Blue Baron wrote:

Ha! The club meet up outside of Carl Brimhouser's pancake house to the first Bad Camburg Cool

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage Splitty Photos Reply with quote

BarryL wrote:
Krustybus wrote:
... middle of nowhere.

With baseball diamonds and night field lighting. Maybe they were U-turning to make a call.

I just noticed the bus has a blocky looking side step that didn't get bent or fly off.

Check out the rear view mirror arm. Must have gotten just the right touch during the rollover to make it into a nice little U.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage Splitty Photos Reply with quote

At LAX airport

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage Splitty Photos Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
Check out the rear view mirror arm. Must have gotten just the right touch during the rollover to make it into a nice little U.

Fersure it went over onto that side then on to the roof. The antenna was still in an outward whip and the rack musta gone over and off first leaving one clamp still hooked on above the passenger door.

I'm betting no seatlbelts on so the 2/3 seat just fell with or without someone and was blocking the ability to get the damaged driver out the divider so they pulled the seat out first. The front doors were probably jammed shut.
Blue Baron
VW Aficionado

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage Splitty Photos Reply with quote

Heinz Nordhoff
Who.Me? Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:59 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage Splitty Photos Reply with quote

BarryL wrote:
cdennisg wrote:

Fersure it went over onto that side then on to the roof. The antenna was still in an outward whip and the rack musta gone over and off first leaving one clamp still hooked on above the passenger door.

I'm betting no seatlbelts on so the 2/3 seat just fell with or without someone and was blocking the ability to get the damaged driver out the divider so they pulled the seat out first. The front doors were probably jammed shut.

I wonder if those scrape marks that cross over under the seat mean it slid on its roof for a while and ended up facing the opposite direction to the way it was going?

Looking for info on my truck's history. Are you from Campbell California or nearby. Do you recognise it? ... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=636786
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage Splitty Photos Reply with quote

Who.Me? wrote:
BarryL wrote:
cdennisg wrote:

I wonder if those scrape marks that cross over under the seat mean it slid on its roof for a while and ended up facing the opposite direction to the way it was going?

Yep. Definitely Eastbound and was sliding into home.
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage Splitty Photos Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
Who.Me? wrote:
BarryL wrote:
cdennisg wrote:

Yep. Definitely Eastbound and was sliding into home.

Good forensics Who.Me? and cdennisg. I was thinking a homer hit the driver and knocked him unconscious.
p horvath
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage Splitty Photos Reply with quote

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2018/12/28/cork-ireland-1970/?refer=news
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 155, 156, 157 ... 431, 432, 433  Next
Jump to:
Page 156 of 433

Jump to: