Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

gobug.com - [email protected] Chadd Magee
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flynt55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 7:21 pm    Post subject: gobug.com - [email protected] Chadd Magee Reply with quote

Anyone have any idea whats up with Chad from Gobug.com, his emails not working and hes owed me some cash for at least 2 months, kept saying says hes sending it but never did!!!

Theres a story but dont want to get into it until I get some facts....

Thanks guys

Chris
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope it wasn,t very much because you can kiss it goodbye. he owed me a set of wheels and just like you poof he,s gone! Plus the car I bought from him was not what he posted. stay clear of the guy his name has been mentioned before and well,always go to the forums first and try and get an idea on the person you are dealing with. I bet he also told you he would be in your area and he would get in touch with you.
Major Woody
Samba Enigma

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought some small parts, a front crosspiece and a rear apron from Chadd last year. A couple parts were incorrect for the car and I feel he should have known it, but no worry, as he cheerfully sent the correct ones.

However one piece of sheet metal was obviously collision damaged, not fixable, and unacceptable. I called him. He offered to replace it, but after a year of that not happening, I picked up a pristine piece from Adam Hughes at a swap--for one quarter Chadd's price. So I emailed Chadd to tell him that I now had the part but that I was in need of a used heater box instead, and that would rectify the situation. His reply was something to the effect of "hey man, that part is worth a bit more than the crosspiece was." WTF?

So I'm done with him. My feeling is if you supply a part that is obviously not as described, you do what you can to make it right, within reason. You may not profit from the deal in the end (especially if you take over a year to deal with the issue), but that's why you should take reasonable care not to be shipping nasty old bent up crap to people. The more you represent yourself as a business instead of a hobbyist, the more this rule applies to you, in my view.

I have tried to reach him by email without luck and would have preferred not to say anything publicly...Chadd, please PM me and we will take care of the issue. I'll also post here about how you took care of the problem. Otherwise I'll wait one week for a reply and then post the entire exchange of emails which I have archived, and let others draw their own conclusions.

Thanks.
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is mr gobug.com's personal pro bono attorney. i have represented mr. gobug.com on some cases in the past. some of you may remember this form the old rants, some of you may not. i have been named the chairman of this position my a mr NOSPARTS and received many awards and many more nominations for my charity work throughout the 2002 VW season. unfortunately due to unforseen circumstances, i am no longer capable of representing mr. gobug.com in his affairs.

my apologies.

earlyman

Quote:
mannys66: South Philly Van Club, only the most influential and freshest van club in the vw scene
Quote:
Cuņado: Chrome will get you home!!!!!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Flynt55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured what the hell give him some time, he'll come through and after 2 months or more now I decided to post the above, without dramatic incedent or name calling....

I'll bet I have 6-10 emails from gobug saying the money is on the way...

Saved Em!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, I was hoping someone would piss and moan and besmirch some guy's name all over the classifieds. The best part is when both the complainer and the complainee air their dirty laundry all over this site, call each other filthy names, and spell worse than the average 6 year old. Cool
gobugin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 11:13 pm    Post subject: Chris, back from my trip Reply with quote

hey chris, sorry I did not get the 25. difference out to you before I left. I will do so asap. thanks for your understanding! chadd gobug.com Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Classifieds Feedback
gobugin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 11:28 pm    Post subject: Sadd Steve Reply with quote

Man does that screen name suit you or what. Here's the background on this business deal. Mr. Sadd bought a conv. from me for a song, I went out of my way to purchase and have wheels chromed for the car, installed a narrowed front beam, detailed the car, and did it all for under 5500. I have pics and all the emails from him if anyone is interested in some good reading. So every once and a while he joins the pack of dogs, to try to damage me. I talked to him before my trip to make friends, offering to send him nice repainted stock road wheels, he agreed, and all was good. Sorry, I did not have time to do so in three days before my trip. thank god there is such a thing a freight! so hang in there little buddy, you will get your wheels, and in far greater shape than they were. I will be sending lugs as well, so you can't whine about that too. Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Classifieds Feedback
Major Woody
Samba Enigma

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL @ Earlyman!

Chadd, I'll watch for it and post here when it shows up. A check for the difference is an acceptable fix and would address my complaint. Best of luck to you in your future business dealings.

Chris
gobugin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 12:15 pm    Post subject: now I am really confused Reply with quote

I looked at some pre 55 doors for a guy names Chris in Iowa, and the Chris is OR is responding to my email? What was the part you requested in exchange of the part I cut from the car for 30ish dollars? Just for the record, the part I sent to OR was free, my time was 30. to cut the part. I offered to send out something else, but what was it you were asking for again? Let's be real about dealings and stop making the forums a place for blackmail. the samba is a buyers market, hell I could say whatever I want about anyone and people would read it. I find it funny that I ship so many parts out a month, and only see the ranters screen names here in the classifieds section as regulars. I bend over backwards for people for chump change, and they are the ones that are overrly picky and cheap. but the good always weighs over the bad, so I continue on "trying" to help other v-dub heads! It is a daily battle, and well worth it. chadd Wink
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: now I am really confused Reply with quote

"I bend over backwards for people for chump change, and they are the ones that are overrly picky and cheap"

yeah, no shiyat! people love yo be cheap fuggers and complain. it isn't right, it just is.

chadd, no offense intended by my above comments. though we've never done any business, you've always been cool with me and always offered to help. i'd do the same for you. i took alot of crap for letting people know that you were out on the road this summer to the point of being named your pro-bono lawyer. i hope you think it's as funny as i do.

Quote:
mannys66: South Philly Van Club, only the most influential and freshest van club in the vw scene
Quote:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The easiest way to not have this crap is to take care of propblems before they escalate into major piss and moan sessions.
From what I have read above one guy has been waiting over a year for a solution to the problem. You should have sent him the $25.00 months ago. You're not on the road all year right? A check could have been dropped by now, that's not unreasonable to expect that.
If you sent the wheels give the guy a tracking or freight bill number. End of story. Some people will never be happy but if you say that your sending wheels than do it. If you won't be able to do it before you leave on a trip tell the buyer that or don't make that promise. It's shady and dishonest, especially if you are in the middle of a borderline "piss and moan" transaction. When I spend money I expect my stuff when I'm told it will be there.

It's all common sense, really.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gobugin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 4:52 pm    Post subject: 100% correct Reply with quote

I totally agree with you. I should have sent it out earlier and did not. I pride myself with having only common sense, and no book smarts. Guess I slipped up Rolling Eyes I sent out the 25. today USPS. I also saved Chris $100 on the doors. I am sure he realizes that. I travel a lot looking for parts and pulling them out of the weods. This time I left a instant message on my mail telling people I was gone and when I was due to come home. I do not know why it did not work for his mail, but did for many others. since then people were emailing me to turn it off. My biggest flaw is truency. I work on it everyday. thanks to everyone that puts up with it. I really make an effort to help people, just does not always seem that way! Confused
gobugin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 5:00 pm    Post subject: Earlyman Reply with quote

Earlyman! ditto! I appreciate you stepping in when I am on trips, and letting people know my 300 mile radius. It is hard to be a one man show, and I hope soon I will have my 24/7 web cam set up in my bus so people can get online and watch me sleep or whatever they do here in the forums. Laughing by the way, are you looking for a barndoor. and if so, how nice does it have to be. I have a friend that has sourced a couple in Mexico. Let me know, I will be on the lookout for ya! Take care, Chadd Very Happy
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

word travels. i have two lined up, probably buying both. possibly a 3rd. i'd like some info and photos on those buses. are you going to bulli brigade this year? i may need a bus hauled from so.cal to FL. then i'll drive it home. lemme know how it works for you. more than likely the bus will need to be picked up in slam gabriel.

Quote:
Quote:
Yustrn
JHC Controla

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gibbs,

I'll pick the bus up for you, drive it around Sacramento for a few months, then you can come drive it home from here....see I'm always there to help you out...lol
yogi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 12:17 am    Post subject: Wheres Chadd at Gobug.com? Reply with quote

I have been communicating with Chadd for the past couple of days regarding some centerlines for sale. His E-Mail works fine. I have him listed as [email protected] . I hope this helps you out. Yogi McIntosh
Flynt55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thnx Chadd,

I'll look for the check, like I said above was just wondering whats up since your email wasnt working, I tried both. The intend wasn't to slam nor dirty anyones name here, just a simple question. Living so far away from the west coast is frustrating when trying to find decent parts and not being able to head out there myself. Its well worth afew extra bucks if you can depend on someone inspect items and send em out for ya, might save people some big bucks in the long run!

Thanks Again

Chris
Flynt55
Flynt55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the Check, thnx Chad!

Chris
Major Woody
Samba Enigma

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chadd, you say the parts you sent to me in Oregon were free but your TIME was $30? WTF? If I had known in advance that the part was tweaked, I wouldn't have paid you for the time it took to cut it!

The blackmail remark is just as ridiculous as the "part was free" idea. This forum is for people to share their experiences with buyers and sellers on this site. I tried private email and got nowhere. To a businessperson, the risk of public commentary about your business practices is part of your incentive for being responsive, organized and attentive to detail. You admit to having a problem with "truancy" (you're a nice guy but late/slow a lot). To some parts buyers, that trait might be unacceptable. No offense but people have a right to know if they're buying from Jeff Spicoli.

Chris
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: