Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

gobug.com - [email protected] Chadd Magee
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
SOCRATES
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too am waiting on a set of mudflaps that I paid for almost 3 weeks ago. I was told they would go out a week and a half ago, but still nothing. My e-mail goes unanswered as well. Just curious what is going on?? Will be filing complaint with PayPal soon if not received... Chad, please e-mail me!!! Crying or Very sad

Cheers,
-Justyn
BryanM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey all,
I have known Chad (through a friend) for a year or so, and i do belive he has been on the road almost all of it. I dont thing i have ever gotten a speedy reply from an email but hey , he is out on the road sourcing hard to find shit that otherwise would rot into the ground. I have only bought 1 thing through him and was verry pleased with price and the item itself. I however do plan to buy more crap when i am not broke and i dont really expect to get it in a speedy manner. Mabey Chad should be a little forthcoming sometimes but considering the amount of transactions he does several are bound to be less desirable. Hope everything clears up and everyone end up satisfied
My 2 cents
yo Chad ,See ya at BUg Jam

Motorwagen LLC
Concord NC
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SOCRATES
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chad e-mailed me today and stated that the mudflaps were on the way. Hope to receive soon.

Still a little slow though... Rolling Eyes

-J
vwcarnut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 3:03 pm    Post subject: gobug... Reply with quote

My experiance so far has been pretty good. He went out of his way to hold onto something that he could have sold at a show just on my word of
telling him "the checks in the mail" He contacted me when I asked the date
he shipped the item within 48 hours,which I feel is reasonable. He requested confirmation on when I recieve it which I also feel is reasonable. So far I definitely have no complaints. Thanks for the prompt
response Chadd. Cool
sparkle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had a good experience buying wheels off Chad....

He sent the wheels as soon as he received payment, and replied to my mails promptly when one of the parcels went missing (thanks to British customs Rolling Eyes )

Definitely no complaints Very Happy

Thanks
T
Bambergvr6
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never bought anything from Chadd, but have spoke thru email as a friend and find him to be a very decent guy. He does say he will be traveling thru, I have an older engine FS.

Sometimes things happen and a few hateful emails can put a bad taste in a Seller's and a Buyer's mouth.

In 2000 and 2001 I sold many "Euro only" newer OEM or VW Factory Parts while I was in Germany, setting the new VW scene up for what it is now. My 2000 GTI is a testiment of the Up-grade with OEM parts. I sold so much parts it got too overwhelming. So, I know what can happen. Anyways I don't sell too much anymore. Too stressful.

I know what Chadd may be going thru, is my Bottom Line!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:03 am    Post subject: waiting for engine tin Reply with quote

I have been waiting for engine tin from Chadd since September 2003. I paid him $250 after a very pleasant exhange of emails. I understand he travels and is not the most prompt shipper, but I really need the remaining tin. My engine is almost ready to go in and the tin is holding it up.

If someone has better contact with Chadd...please forward with the following email address! Thanks.

[email protected]

Matt Ramsey
Atchison, Kansas
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

try this email:

[email protected]
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 4:01 pm    Post subject: email no good Reply with quote

I tried that address you mentioned without any luck...message bounced back. I have the same luck with his website address and [email protected].

If anyone has contact with him, could you please forward my name and address. I won't ask anyone to give me his number or anything and I'm not out to verbally harass him in this forum. I just want my stuff.

Thanks
Matthew Ramsey
[email protected]
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, sorry. i got an email from that address a few days ago.
i refuse to deal with him. i don't like his practices.
gobugin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:24 am    Post subject: hazet gay! Reply with quote

Laughing lol at hazet gay! lol He placed a wanted ad for two gas tank bolts, I was sure I could help him out, so I emailed him, told him to send me his addy and I would ship them out to him free of charge, so he bashes me here. lol you crack me up JON! whoever you are. you are a typical so cal bus snob from what I can see. F off! Twisted Evil
gobugin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:28 am    Post subject: thanks Matt! Reply with quote

thanks for the call Matt. ship the fresh air 67shroud that you ordered back to CA, and I will send out a doghouse shroud at no extra charge and pick up the shipping back to you! it's a great concept, get something in the mail, not what you had in mind, ship back the part, and get a new one on the way! gobug.com
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey gobugin, well i could use the bolts, but i'd rather NOT have them than get them from you.
since you pissed me off a few years ago at redbarn and ebay, i refuse to deal with you. plain and simple.
here's your email:
Quote:

hey I am sure I can help with the bolts. what is your address? have
you found any amb fan knobs in black? chadd

i see nothing like what you said above about shipping them free or being free. i guess that could be implied, but since we have exchanged unpleasantries in the past, i wouldn't expect that.
you said above: "I was sure I could help him out, so I emailed him, told him to send me his addy and I would ship them out to him free of charge, so he bashes me here."
and if you think i was bashing you, then you should read what others have said. i was merely stating how i feel, not bashing you at all. you are like the pot calling the kettle black. "hazet gay"? real original, and i'm really hurt. what, are we back in third grade now? (yawn)

no, i don't live in so-cal, but i believe you do. and i guess i have a small advantage that i know who you are. just please don't come around my swap space at shows, because nothing is for sale to you. i don't need to see my parts on ebay a day after a show. if i want parts there, i'll put them there.

i can live without your bolts, and i'm certainly not the only person who has non-positive feelings towards you.
you, sir, can F* off.
gobugin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:23 pm    Post subject: just plain ignorant Reply with quote

lol Laughing well that is just plain ignorant! How the heck am I suppose to not come by your swap spot, if I do not know who you are. lol I thought you are the hazet guy that use to live in north county SD and go by the same name. Maybe you can refresh my memory, on the ebay item, as well as the red barn communication that you are refering to. let's see how my day went yesterday, before I bumped into your lame thread. I woke up, collected parts for my friend shop, drove 55 miles to help him put a conv fresh paint body on the pan for nothing, didn't need anything, just wanting to lend a hand. this is the same hand I was lending to you with the bolts. I would not charge for 2 bolts, come on! As for your mental state, please try to do some breathing, and let things pass as they should. I am in this thing for one reason only, to help people. I know it does not always come out looking like candy, but all I can do it try. The fact that you are looking for two original bolts, that fasten behind the shroud in a bus, can never be seen by anyone in any sort of direction, and waste peoples time to look at the ad, and for these 2 bolts, instead of your local true value, say's alot about the type of person you are. Loosen up buddy, take a notch out of your belt, we are building Vintage Vw's. Most of us are just out to help one another. the difference between you and I is this, there are two types of people in this world. One that can stand alone, and other people that need a support group. that group must me the other 'fire starters' you hang out with. the great thing is that I can ignore people like you, and help people that appreciate me for what I have done. So in conclusion, GOOD LUCK with that bolt find. I am sure they are diamonds in the ruff you will trip ove one of these days walking thru the swap meet, that is if you get away from your shit talking circle and actually look for parts for you cool VW'S! Chadd Evil or Very Mad
Thornton
EMPI Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many of you guys on thesamba forums know who I am, I have bought parts from Chad and I never had a problem. I think Chad's service is A+. It may take some time for him to get back to you but he always has for me. People are busy, people work, this website is a tool, next time go meet chad in person and you will see he is a stand up guy.
6d7vdub
Samba Slacker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After reading this thread and never dealing with Chadd/gobug.com, I would consider doing business with him. But, I also would think twice about buying something I needed quickly. Seams to be a busy passionate guy and a slow shipper. There could be worse....at least he is not acting like some people would....not naming any names though!

Sadie's Site

http://positivepause.com
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ha ha ha Very Happy talk about ignorant and/or lame? well, let's see:
Quote:
I thought you are the hazet guy that use to live in north county SD and go by the same name.

no, sorry. not me. i didn't know there was someone else with that same "name".

Quote:
Maybe you can refresh my memory, on the ebay item, as well as the red barn communication that you are refering to.

vw accessory vdo tach, and a few other parts which i forget (but the tach is the one that bites me the most, because you dickered and dickered on the price). i made you a pretty good deal for all the stuff, because you said you 'needed' the parts for your cars or projects, and then they were on ebay the following week.

Quote:
let's see how my day went yesterday, before I bumped into your lame thread

this is not my thread. i did not start it. i was just trying to provide contact info to someone who was looking for you. it's just one of the few i found that were by people who were repeatedly trying to get in touch with you because they can't seem to be able to.

Quote:
I woke up, collected parts for my friend shop, drove 55 miles to help him put a conv fresh paint body on the pan

am i supposed to be impressed? maybe you could have been shipping parts instead. Very Happy

Quote:
The fact that you are looking for two original bolts, that fasten behind the shroud in a bus, can never be seen by anyone in any sort of direction...

they are for the gas tank straps, and yes, you can see them, especially with a 36hp engine in there. i'll take a pic if you'd like. look in a bus engine compartment, you'll see. and don't go starting to give me sh!t because i want to have original hardware. there are PLENTY of other people who look for the same kind of parts, like campingbox, lind, david mayes, and anyone who does NOT want cheesy true value hardware on their cars and are trying to get rid of that kind of crap on their vehicles. maybe you buy your hardware there, i do not.

Quote:
didn't need anything, just wanting to lend a hand. this is the same hand I was lending to you with the bolts. I would not charge for 2 bolts, come on!

i appreciate the tought. some people would, at least for shipping.

Quote:
Most of us are just out to help one another. the difference between you and I is this, there are two types of people in this world. One that can stand alone, and other people that need a support group. that group must me the other 'fire starters' you hang out with.

hmm, talk about ignorant? if you don't know me, how can you know who i hang out with? Confused
i often see you walking around the swaps with a bunch of people, maybe your support group?

look, i know that you are probably an ok guy. but i don't have people all over the place posting forum threads looking for me because their parts and/or cash hasn't arrived in months.
i have nothing against you, other than the bitter feelings about the whole parts/ebay thing. because of that, i can't really trust you as far as selling you parts again. i do not bash you, even though the opportunity has arisen in the past. all i originally said is that i don't like your practices--no specifics, no harsh rant about anything, just my thoughts. others have said alot worse, and you don't jump down their throats in the forums.
it would not be real hard to find out who i am. there are plenty of people at the shows we both attend who you could ask, who know both you and me.

sorry it took a while to reply, but i was out at fedex and the post office, sending parts to some people who haven't even paid me yet, or their money is in transit in the mail. one box contained nothing but original hardware. go figure, people wanting original fasteners.
just "helping out" the scene. Smile

and this just in: 12:20pm. a friend has just emailed me saying he has the bolts for me. one less thing to look for! whew, saved me a trip to true value. Rolling Eyes
gobugin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject: ok, get the shipping thing Reply with quote

still not sure about the tach purchase, if I did buy it from you at the show, who cares what I do with it. it's mine now. let it go! I can't stand people that sell things at shows, put the money in their pocket, and think they have any say at all what happens to those parts, or what they should be sold for. And I am the only person out there looking for such parts, you crack me up. As for the shipping thing, I get your drift in your 30 page thread. lol Just like any relationship, people dwell in the bad, and overlook the good. Well, I am happy to say it is a very small percent of all the parts I ship. I am going to start asking all my cust for feedback, so people like you can see the good, if that is what it takes. When all is said and done, you hang on to neg feelings, this should be looked at by a prof. Live for the day! try to look at the good in people, not dwell in the bad. I always have liked the quote, 'If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all!' you are just letting negative vibes into the air, that will eventually hit people. one last thought, in my travels, total strangers wave at each other passing by on the road, why is that not the case here in CA? Here we are known for the 'California Hello.' makes you think huh. Simply put, lot's of people here are high strung. The fact that you would offer your two cents, which turned out to be negative, says a lot! whatever happened to Very Happy people that were kind and drove buses? where did they all go? lol best of luck to you! Twisted Evil Chadd
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
if I did buy it from you at the show, who cares what I do with it. it's mine now.

couldn't agree with you more.
but when you lie about your intentions, and make up a story of how you "need" it for YOUR car to get a better price, then i think i can be pissed when i see it for immediate resale (profiteering). i have let it go, but now i am a little less forgiving when making deals at shows, especially in so-cal.

funny, (and i am NOT saying this is you, just a general observation) you mention about people being kind and driving buses. i have never seen so much cut-throat, back stabbing dealings in the vw scene than i have here in california. so much for laid back!

Quote:
in my travels, total strangers wave at each other passing by on the road, why is that not the case here in CA?

good question!

see you at octo! Very Happy
gobugin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:41 pm    Post subject: fair enough! Reply with quote

Fair enough. I have had 3 of those tachs up until this last november at the bug jam. 2 of which I sold, one of which is on the samba right now for sale. but I am not mad! more power to him if he can market the access. If yours was one of the 4 I have ever owned, and it was the one that I sold on ebay, then that was just chance. I did not lie ever if I said it was for my cars, as I buy parts over the last 17yrs for my cars, the lesser doubles get sold off. I am sure others do the same. Maybe even you. I will never pass on a deal, or what I think is a deal. Glad you are making down to the octo show! If you stop by, I will offer you a beer, a smile, and a handshake! Twisted Evil Chadd
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: