Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1953volks - [email protected]
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: 1953Volks
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: April 14, 2024
55oval geek
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: 1953volks - [email protected] Reply with quote

I just purchase one of simons items he was very helpful and the shipping was quick thank you simon hope to deal with you again.
von split
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just completed a first rate transaction with Simon. The item was exactly
as described. The service was excellent, with great communication, very fast ship and very well packed. I would definitely do business with him again.
AutoMobilia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject: 1953Volks - Great Seller Reply with quote

I just received a pair of headlights from Simon. They are awesome! Exactly as described, good communications, packed well. A stand up guy, easy to do business with. I recommend Simon.
Bob,
AutoMobilia
57 AZ Oval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a 36hp case from Simon. Good communication, the part was well packed, and arrived quickly. No complaints what so ever. Great doing business with you Simon!
johanmoyano
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: 1953volks - [email protected] Reply with quote

I recently bought a pair of snowflake taillights, everything went well. I highly recommend him. Simon is a very helpful seller and has good comunication with the buyer. Definitely would buy again from him. thanks Simon. Tail lights were better than I expected.
sundialer66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: 1953volks - [email protected] Reply with quote

Ordered a badly needed nos set of 40hp pistons and cylinders from Simon for a full high quality engine being built. The set was shipped in a large box with each barrel wrapped with some bubble wrap and then bubble wrap placed in the box around them. During shipping the bubbles all popped from the weight of the barrels. This allowed them to float around in the box hitting each other. One barrel was destroyed, 2 others have broken fins. The set is now useless. This was a careless effort of packaging. I've asked many sources and all agree you MUST seperate the barrels with cardboard at the least! Or tape them all together as one unit. This was not done. Bubble wrap is not strong enough to hold the weight of them alone.
Fast forward-Simon has blamed this incident on UPS and me. We all know ups is not gentle, why risk it? Also the tape he used was intact. Box has not been opened by ups in transit. Next, me. Blame the buyer that always works. He blames me for dropping 3 Pistons as I opened the box. I handled these with intense care as I know they are fragile and like gold!!! To my dismay, when I opened the box and saw the chaos inside there was no point in even pulling them out.
Simon offered a partial ups 100$ refund. Why would I want a partial refund for something I need and had no responsibility for. Ya I'll use 3 of the 4 barrels. Come now. I have escalated this to PayPal as Simon is assuming no blame on this, when he is 100% at fault. He is also fighting me the whole way, making it worse. How can you blame a buyer who simply received the package?? He also "issues no refunds". In all my years of buying on the samba, I've only run into one other seller who has burned me on this hobby. Shame. Be aware of this seller and move on!!!!!
See the photos for yourself as I pulled them out of the box. No joke.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

stale air
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: 1953volks - [email protected] Reply with quote

Wow yeah, thats not good packaging at all. Those pistons should have been individually wrapped, so they couldn't rattle or bounce around in the box. That crappy bubble wrap isnt going to do the trick. We all know that p's and c's are super fragile, and should be packaged properly to ship.
I hope everything works out for ya sundialer66. Money aside, it really sucks when you are looking forward to getting that part, or parts for a project, only to be super bummed once they arrive damaged, or in your case broken and unusable.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jlarrey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: 1953volks - [email protected] Reply with quote

I just recived a set of lowlight rear taillight sections and a pair of tail light and recived it fast and safely and very well packaged. All parts are just as described.
Good comunication and perfect transaction.
It has been a pleasure to deal with Simon.

Many thanks

José
to old to care
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: 1953volks - [email protected] Reply with quote

Hello just bought a reground crank and rods from 1953volks and both look great and they are just what i needed thanks.
sthompson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: 1953volks - [email protected] Reply with quote

Just wanted to give a shout out to Simon for the great response and shipping time he gave me on a lowlight grab handle. Part was exactly as described and he was prompt in his communication and shipping. Great to work with him and a real class act to deal with. Thanks Again
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pilottangocharlie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: 1953volks - [email protected] Reply with quote

I purchased and received a set of connecting rods from Simon and they showed up quickly and in the exact condition expected.
motofly196
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: 1953volks - [email protected] Reply with quote

I bought a wheel from Simon, communication was fast, shipping was done right, and the wheel arrived in better condition than described. Thanks!

Scott
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: