Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Custom cut ALUMINUM pushrods?
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
keifernet
Samba Search & Rescue

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 3:24 pm    Post subject: Custom cut ALUMINUM pushrods? Reply with quote

I saw something awhile back on here ( I think) about some new(er) cut to fit aluminum pushrods for performance engines supposed to be more valve lash/ temperature/ expansion rate friendly than chromemoly ones.

Can anyone steer me to a supplier or a link? Thanks Smile
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ekimthemad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try www.aircooled.net

Just search for pushrods it will bring them up.

Mike
59 single, 69 bus
keifernet
Samba Search & Rescue

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help Mike! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SHTUBBY
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 9:53 am    Post subject: PUSHRODS Reply with quote

I TRYED THEM ONCE ON A 2331, WITH BERG DUAL SPRINGS. THEY WARPED UNDER HIGH RPM, HAD SHINE ABOUT HALF LENTH. RUBBED THE TUBES. THEY WERE QUIET THOUGH.
keifernet
Samba Search & Rescue

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input Steve...,

I am considering using them on a 1904 I'm building for a friend, it will probably not see really high revs, just a decent little street motor, CB 044's with dual rev springs, Engle 110, scat lifters, dual kads... I have some chrome moly to build it with and not spend the extra 100 bucks right now, nice thing being they are the one of the things that are an easy change Smile

May just use them and see how it goes, change later when the bud's budget allows it.
ekimthemad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe you are supposed to also run the light weight lifters with them which are about an inch longer. This is supposed to shorter and stiffen the pushrod. Aircooled.net also sells smaller stemmed valves and aluminum retainers so that a single or light dual spring can be used.

I think bugpack also makes the aluminum pushrods but they aren't supposed to be as good.
keifernet
Samba Search & Rescue

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I remember reading in that old thread about the light weight lifters etc, and the argument over weight savings etc that ensued! LOL, but I think all that talk and the application stated was for a very hot steet setup and or all out drag engines.
I ( the owner of the engine) already have gathered all the parts and I don't think for this mild performance engine the light lifters will be necessary.

If these pushrods are not long enough to be used to make a set up the length needed for this engine then I guess we will just go with what we have. Thanks for the updated info...
Eaallred
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have the HD aluminum pushrods in stock up to 11.6" in length.

We just got John's heads back today, speaking of lightweight valve train. 44x37.5 Comp eliminators, and those 6mm valve stems with small springs sure do look bizzare next to my own 48x38 Comp eliminators with big dual chevy springs!

6mm valve stems, aluminum retainers, all the good stuff on this combo, should be fun to run!

Also, on aluminum pushrods, be wary of the Scat or Bugpack pushrods if you run a real performance motor. The aluminum pushrods we are carrying are a very thick wall tubing, I made a 'sample' pushrod (a tip in one end, and cut open at the other) so people can see for themselves. If you see us at a show, look for it there!

You have to remember something: Everybody pities the weak; Jealousy you have to earn.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
a_67vdub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eaallred wrote:
We have the HD aluminum pushrods in stock up to 11.6" in length.

What's the stock length?

Steve
Eaallred
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Close to 11".

You have to remember something: Everybody pities the weak; Jealousy you have to earn.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: