Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Westyseeker - [email protected]
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Westyseeker
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: May 20, 2022
RoadTrip!
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Westyseeker - [email protected] Reply with quote

He was great and everything was just as he said it was. he was also very helpful throughout the process. I recommend him - bought some AC vents and an air intake vent...
brflynn1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: [email protected] Reply with quote

Colin knows Vanagons! Parts were exactly as described and he even sent me additional photos he had taken to ensure I knew exactly the condition of what I was buying. He is extremely knowledgeable, helpful and the communication was excellent throughout. Highly recommend!
lmarling
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:05 am    Post subject: Westyseeker is a Godsend! Reply with quote

We recently acquired an '89 White Star Weekender for our family business. Realized that time had flown and it'd been five years since I had sold my last Westy.

I was missing the jump seats and had written Colin a few months back about a seat he'd posted here a long while back. He'd sold them but, bless his soul, he saved my contact information and wrote me to tell me he had acquired another one.

As luck would have it he contacted me right when the main AC suction hose broke from age. I was having a dismal time trying to find a new one anywhere in this hemisphere and was just inserting the gun barrel into my mouth when he came to my rescue with a very nice hose out of a Vanagon he was parting out.

He was also kind enough to refresh my memory on a lot of points that I had forgotten about these beasts. He also provided a cruise control module and I'm still getting that jump seat from him that he originally contacted me about.

While working AC is not that common to see on Vanagons, we have to have it while using the vehicle for business. Colin saved our bacon not only with the part but also by willingly sharing the wealth of information up in his head.

While many people would think us insane to use a 24-year old Vanagon for a business, especially as hard as they, and parts for them, are to find, having someone like Colin in our back pocket with parts and knowledge, makes this an easy reality.

Were I made of money I'd also be putting in dibs on some of the very cool Vanagons he's putting together and transfer them from his driveway to my own.

So, thanks, Westyseeker, for contacting me out of the blue and the goodness of your heart at exactly the right time! Rest assured, you're locked into my iPhone now and will the first one I call for future needs.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:36 am    Post subject: Window regulators power Reply with quote

After a rocky start . Everything worked out great . We came to a price point that was good for both of us and he sent them out .They were as promised and better .
He has actually referred a few people to me for regulator rebuilds . I'd do business with again with out hesitation .

Stacy
Samba member # 14980
Call anytime number 650 722 4914 .
Keep Your van running and upkept tastefully for the love of the hobby.
Don't let your van end up in an "abortions" thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
paulamatt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome to work with. Thanks Colin! Accurate descriptions of parts and fair prices.
herbiebkk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: He is the best seller Reply with quote

i have bought many parts from Colin for the last 2 months ,spent over $ 300 . every time communication has been fast, and items have been well packed and shipped promptly to Thailand after i paid him. i have no problems dealing with him, and if i see he has something i need , i do not hesitate to buy from him.
thanks for the great stuff
mac , Bangkok, Thailand

62 Rag top Cal look 1600 cc AJ Porsche Design 15/4.5 -15/5.5 Deep Fuchs Alloy Wheels, Adapter 5x205 Disc Break with lower drop spindle 2 "

T 3/ 90 Prerunner 2WD VIP Subaru EJ 25/98 VTEC , Super Dip , Power Steering , Central lock
Porsche Design 16/6+16/7 Fuchs Alloy Wheels 205/65/16

Honda Jazz Snow Man
I am a Water - Air Cool Man
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Classifieds Feedback
howardvw Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i bought a latch, quick shipping, easy and painless transaction, thanks again.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sxuxrxf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought some seat belts from Colin. They're in great condition and arrived quickly.
Thanks!
tpinthepack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colin is solid Samba Seller. He was very dilligent in dismantling the parts I needed from the dash and doors. Thanks again Colin.
Tony
Clearwater FL.
1990 Vanagon DOKA
1972 Super Beetle
1979 Super Beetle Convertible
2011 Porsche Cayenne
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
napat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colin is the best! Ship very fast and very well package!!!

A+++ for this seller!
bdkee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Vanagon Headlight Reply with quote

Great sale. Headlight just as described. Thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VanaruEngine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The part was just as described, good communication and fast shipping.
dspieg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Thumbs-up for Colin! Reply with quote

I just received some Carat springs from Colin, everything about the transaction was exemplary --- his communications were great, the parts were in good condition and very well packed, and they were shipped in a timely fashion for a reasonable price. Highly recommended!
nova73
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Fuel Tank Filler Pipe Reply with quote

Was just as the picture had shown and the price was reasonable.

Would work with Colin again in the furture.

John Akron<PA
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
berubang
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colin is A++. I just recieved power mirrors. Very well package. I recommended!!
pyite20v
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the part just in time, thanks for sending it right out!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
GreggK
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Parts... Reply with quote

Nice quality parts and quick arrival. I look foward to getting more parts soon. Thanks
Bman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Feedback for Westyseeker Reply with quote

Well not all is rosy in my humble opinion with Westy Seeker.

I had responded to and ad of Westyseeker (Colin) and asked for photos and description of T3 vent windows; Colin was quick to reply and willing to take more pictures. He sent me some pictures and then some shipping prices, all seemed well, I asked for some more information, but then he would stop responding to my request.

I dropped the interest at the time. A month or so later I emailed Colin and asked if he still had the driver side wing window, and if so how much he wanted for it shipped. He responded and we made a deal. A well packed package arrived, but to my surprise was lacking in what I thought was the agreed upon items.

Now for my own part a bit of this was also my own responsibility that he only sent me the window portion and not the frame and rubber. I thought I was clear that I wanted a whole wing window, frame and all, but I could have mis-communicated. we talked and agreed to straighten the deal out, however it is now 1 month past me getting just the window and Colin has been slow to almost entirely absent from the conversation, to the point where he refuses to respond timely to any further inquires and thus delaying a restoration project I'm working on. I have sent him multiple emails asking for a resumption of the transaction often given him 2-3 days between emails to respond. Even my latest email which was to the point asking him how much he needed to send me the frame and rubber, has gone ignored. I have waited patiently and tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, however my frustration has reached its limit and I am now done; I will cut my losses and shop elsewhere.

I understand that Colin is busy and I am not his sole priority, however I feel disrespected as a buyer when no information is forth coming. I am glad he has made others happy in his deals, but in my opinion Colin has a tendency to drop the ball mid way through a deal and he has trouble following through on what he said he was going to do; for this reason I am not willing to do any further business with him.

2WD Doka build thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=503578&highlight=
FaceHook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/VW-T3-DokaSinka/129026087217120?ref=hl
Westyseeker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately my brothers house was destroyed on Long Island.
I've been traveling back and forth 125 miles to try to help family out, which is my first concern. I apologize for not being able to get you the part in time for your restoration. Had we BOTH communicated as to what you wanted I guess this wouldn't have happened. Can please some people some of the time but you can't please everyone all the time. My apologies.
88 Wolfsburg Tin top
Bman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have exchanged emails with Colin again over this matter and he was willing to work toward a resolution. We have communicated via email and resolved the issue.

2WD Doka build thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=503578&highlight=
FaceHook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/VW-T3-DokaSinka/129026087217120?ref=hl
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: