Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Need a recommendation of a 356 resto book
Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
William Crowell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:28 am    Post subject: Need a recommendation of a 356 resto book Reply with quote

The next job on the resto of my '60 T5 is to pull a new wiring harness into the tunnel. Since I had a hard time getting the old harness out, I'm sure that putting the new one in won't be easy unless I have really good instructions. I already have the reprint of the FSM and several other 356 books, but none of them describes in detail how to install a harness. Can anybody recommend a 356 resto book that does so? Thanks a lot.
356JAEGER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

William
Your new wiring harness should come with a detailed set of instructions for installation. If you don't have one, contact Y&Z's or one of the other manufacturers of wiring harnesses and they should have what your need.

When in doubt, think about it..
The outcome of a project is directly proportional to its preparation.
bbspdstr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using the Ron Roland book more and more. The Kellogg books are fine and together with the WSM, there is about all you could need other than to ask here for details or specifics.

Try Block's Books for sourcing.

IF you made notes during disassembly, the wiring is only difficult in tight passages, like the tunnel's upper right corner longitudinal passage, where often a wire lube can be used, but a new harness is less kinked and more supple. Two people work best, one pulls a lead wire and then the harness itself and the other guides and makes sure no snags are encountered.

If the welded strips on the undersides of things are intact, they guide you pretty much where loom splits go. As posted, the instructions that come with a new harness will show what ends up where, so it's not all that bad or time-consuming.

Last edited by bbspdstr on Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:34 am; edited 1 time in total
William Crowell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, guys!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Porsche - 356 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: