Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Really dicey - OSP bus deal
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  

Have you used onlinesalesplace.net before?
Yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
You must be joking
80%
 80%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 5

Floo420
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Really dicey - OSP bus deal Reply with quote

Thought I would share my story with new some people I hope to get better acquainted with anyway. I have been in the market for a bus for some time. I have been scouring the Internet to find the right Westy to call my own.. I came access an ad for a 76 on Craigslist in Ottawa and sent them a reply. The ad was taken down just after I sent them an email so I thought it was gone. A week later I get a MSG from the seller saying that the message had been lost in a folder. He was out of town and it was at an OSP warehouse (onlinesalesplace.net) site and they are dealing with the sale. I had never heard of this but researched them and couldn't find anything that sketchy about them. I start emailing back and forth and even emailed OSP to find out if he was a registered user and if they had the bus. They replied they did. I wanted to see some other vehicles of the same year so I googled 76 bus and I found the same pictures that the seller sent me saying were his. Only problem was the same pictures were for a sale back in 2010 and the asking price was double. I asked onlinesalesplace if I could come and see the bus and they said I could but said I had to pay first and that they would tell me where it was after the fact. Either way it's all too shady but I thought I would throw my concerns for onlinesalesplace.net out there. The bus in question had massachusetts plates and it said something like flower power and In the photos they had a beach boys license plate by the stove. They also had a hippy guy on the dash in a few shots. I would love to find that original seller from 2010 to see where the bus went from them to piece this all together. On a side note I'm in Toronto with $8000 looking for a 70's bus I can drop my GRAT3FUL plates in. Be well.
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a scam. Stay away from that place.
Joe Bence
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x2 It's a scam..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: