Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VWs on Counting Cars (History Channel show)
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: VWs on Counting Cars (History Channel show) Reply with quote

kafer60 wrote:
Busstom wrote:
Splitdog wrote:
It's just a lame idea to put a 3 speed autostick in a bus of all things.

Oh...agreed...I didn't even check the spec...I thought it would be something trick like a fully-automatic race trans or something Smile

I think it was a Vanagon tranaxle.

Yes, I believe that is exactly what they used, motor too along with the rear suspension arms and housing.

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
HMVWNAB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:35 am    Post subject: Re: VWs on Counting Cars (History Channel show) Reply with quote

Saw Shannon's wife's ghia when my wife booked the shop tour in 2016 on our only visit to Vegas.

Was told it wasn't driven because paint job was too nice to drive or some such excuse.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:17 am    Post subject: Re: VWs on Counting Cars (History Channel show) Reply with quote

2013, season 2, episode 1 named "You Talkin' to Me?!". Danny Koker was out looking at a car in his cab-over flatbed car transporter when a pretty woman named Monica stopped to look at the transporter. Monica had a modified '77 Cabrio, with Fuchs rims, healthy dual-carb turbocharged engine and customized interior with white seats and roll cage. She takes him on a ride in it. Beetle looked to be very well done, and sounded very good when she got on the gas.
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: VWs on Counting Cars (History Channel show) Reply with quote

Early European post Barndoor split with semaphores, safari windows, after market turn signals, Hearst bumper and fog lights.
Also covered by Rome in this thread.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9683464&highlight=#9683464

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: VWs on Counting Cars (History Channel show) Reply with quote

2017 episode "Better Late than Never", season 6 #24. Danny Koker, shop owner and his painter Ryan (standing at left and center) spot a blue Baja in a neighborhood. Ryan speaks with the owner, and ends up buying it for $2000.

Seller says it has an 1835 cc engine. Photos show Kadron carbs.

Even though the doors have the slanted-back vent windows which started for '65, the door windows are larger than the side windows- the bottom edges are at different heights. This indicates a '65 door on an earlier body. I did not see the '64 and earlier heater knob next to the shifter. Maybe it's a '65 pan with an earlier body and a '65 door?
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: VWs on Counting Cars (History Channel show) Reply with quote

Colorfully painted '73+ Bay window, TV show "Counting Cars" episode "Mangled Mustang, part 1" (2017). The host shop's expert painter Ryan walks up to the owner of the Pacer parked at right.
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: VWs on Counting Cars (History Channel show) Reply with quote

Rome wrote:
2017 episode "Better Late than Never", season 6 #24. Danny Koker, shop owner and his painter Ryan (standing at left and center) spot a blue Baja in a neighborhood. Ryan speaks with the owner, and ends up buying it for $2000.

Even though the doors have the slanted-back vent windows which started for '65, the door windows are larger than the side windows- the bottom edges are at different heights. This indicates a '65 door on an earlier body. I did not see the '64 and earlier heater knob next to the shifter. Maybe it's a '65 pan with an earlier body and a '65 door?

I think I see the knob just southwest of the F in fyi.
Rome
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: VWs on Counting Cars (History Channel show) Reply with quote

Quote:
I think I see the knob just southwest of the F in fyi.
That would be the rear portion of the plastic base on the trigger shifter.

Here is another VW sighting from the show. 2018 S8E9 "Low Riding Lincoln" has Ryan and Horny Mike visiting a woman who owns an original, unrestored '69 Mustang Mach 1. As she opens the garage door, there's a Sea Blue '66 Beetle to the left.

It has the fiberglass "Bug Hatch" rear window insert with split window. The Beetle is her daily driver.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: