Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Working on the Inside
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
krakauer1616
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 3:12 pm    Post subject: Working on the Inside Reply with quote

I need some help on ideas for restoring the interior of my bus. It’s a 71 and the inside was really nasty. I gutted it out so I can start from scratch. Any tips or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Since no one in the town i live in wants to helps. Thanks[/b]
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hardboard from the local Home Depot or the like is good to use for interior panels.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Amskeptic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the word "restore" and thought of Bus Depot or Rocky Mountain Motorworks, get nice fresh original looking interior panels in the color that belongs with your Bus, get a new headliner and new window rubber, new seat upholstery and new floor mats and you're good to go.
Who needs money just sitting around when you can spend it all?
Colin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
The Nomad Hatter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While you've got the interior panels off, now would be a good time to go to Home Depot or wherever and buy some pink insulation to put in the walls behind the interior panels. Just be sure to put plastic sheeting between the insulation layer and the interior panels to prevent rust from trapped moisture.

You'll be glad you did come cold season!

78 Bay
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: