Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Boston Syncro project- the Corter Van
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 33, 34, 35  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
ledogboy Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Boston Syncro project- the Corter Van Reply with quote

Wow- so glad you are safe! This saga has been unreal, sorry this had to happen after all the time and effort you have put into the van. Best of luck with the insurance/ rebuilding process!
Some people call him Maurice...
Bassyaks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Boston Syncro project- the Corter Van Reply with quote

That sucks, at least your not injured. Now the fun part starts dealing with the insurance claim. Hopefully you'll be back up and running for the Summer.
Now you can change anything you didn't like with the van.
Your lucky that fuel can didn't erupt. it looks like the little tried to go under you and kind flipped you over. From the last picture it looks like minimal damage
Good luck

Last edited by Bassyaks on Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
MsTaboo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Boston Syncro project- the Corter Van Reply with quote

Oh man, that sucks. Very glad you're ok.

Don't you just hate other drivers? So many distractions these days, or was the guy drunk?

All the best luck to you on the long rebuild process!

The information age has morphed into the age of disinformation and willful ignorance. Agnotology!
Help the fight against Truth Decay.
Defend democracy, support Ukraine.
Signalocity
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Boston Syncro project- the Corter Van Reply with quote

That blows! Glad you're ok though.
insyncro
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Boston Syncro project- the Corter Van Reply with quote

As I have stated privately just after...I am so glad that you are safe Eric.

Nuts, bolts and sheet metal are nothing in comparison to a human life.

Happy Thanksgiving to you, your family and your van.
We will work this all out with the insurance company.
hans j
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Boston Syncro project- the Corter Van Reply with quote

Oh no! So glad you are ok. I'm still amazed at how safe these are even 30 years on. I hope to see it back up and running soon as I love your thread and photographs.
CdnVWJunkie Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Boston Syncro project- the Corter Van Reply with quote

Oh man, that's really too bad. Thankfully you were ok but man what a drag about the van. Post some daytime photos of the affected areas when you can.
0cean
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Boston Syncro project- the Corter Van Reply with quote

Condolences about your van; glade your ok and in good spirits. Looking forward to the rebuild thread "The Corter 2 build"?

Cluster Rebuild:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=569920&highlight=

Left for Dead the Resurrection Story Build:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=613669
(Number of Different Donor VW Vans Body Parts Used: 12)
(Number of completely different vehicles parts used: 3)
dobryan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Boston Syncro project- the Corter Van Reply with quote

Glad you are OK! Very Happy

No shortage of documentation for the insurance claim. I too am looking forward to V2 of the Corter van. Very Happy

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive." Robert Louis Stevenson

MD>Canada>AK>WA>OR>CA>AZ>UT>WY>SD
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=620646

Building a bus for travel in Europe (euroBus)
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=695371

The Western Syncro build
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=746794
xoo00oox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Boston Syncro project- the Corter Van Reply with quote

Masshole drivers!!

I would have that van towed to your house if it is not already there. If it is just left in a lot, I'd be weary of them towing it around with the wheels on the ground.
Good luck with this, that looks like the van took a bad hit going by the damage on the other car.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Phishman068
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Boston Syncro project- the Corter Van Reply with quote

I am sorry to hear about this and glad you are safe! These busses sure are safe!

Prepare for battle, luckily you have a well documented vehicle and hopefully plenty of receipts. I just went through this/am going through this with my red sunroof Syncro that was tboned, they will be replacing the entire left side of the vehicle.
If you're persistent, the insurance company will recognize the value and make the necessary repairs. Hopefully for your sake the report comes out as them being at 100% fault as that will make a huge difference in the settlement. I was told at the time of mine that if damage occurs forward of the middle line of the vehicle though, somehow you bear some fault. Just prepare to counter that and remind them that you were operating safely in a straight line at the time when the responsible party failed to yield
Resulting in the accident.
Fighting to be absolved of any fault will be the first step, as this is their best tactic to not paying out.

It will live again!
Happy holidays.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6864936#6864936

"Along with the ability to go fast, one looses the desire to hurry."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vanagonjr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Boston Syncro project- the Corter Van Reply with quote

Corter - glad you are safe! Was hoping to see you and van after the holidays as I was going to try and get another round of SE Mass van owners together.

I still try to do that in January or February and I'll buy you a beer that you can cry into Exclamation At leas that makes that last outing all the more special.
Dale of Limbo just got hit hard in his 1-owner 91 Westy - a total. He'll keep the van and looks like a reasonable pay-out is heading his way after rejecting their 1st offer.

Sucks, two special Mass. vans hit hard this month!
LiMBO is on Facebook too! https://www.facebook.com/groups/
FAQ thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=525798
kybishop
Samba Member

Location: Where the wind is blowing, the mountains calling, and the adventure waiting

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Boston Syncro project- the Corter Van Reply with quote

Damn man, hope all turns out ok with insurance. Would really like to see pictures of you out in the van again once it is all fixed up!
87vanwes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: Boston Syncro project- the Corter Van Reply with quote

Man I hate to see that but I'm glad every one is ok.

I'm in the middle of a conversion and have a complete syncro body minus the gas door panel and steering rack assembly. If you need any parts I will be glad to help. The less that gets scraped the better.
Sorry that had to happen to you and your van.

Kevin
DAV!D
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Boston Syncro project- the Corter Van Reply with quote

Glad to hear you are ok, but very sorry about the van.
Howesight
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Boston Syncro project- the Corter Van Reply with quote

It's truly a jungle out there on the mean streets! I have had three different vehicles totalled over the years in t-bone and rear end collisions - - once with my kids in the back seat. There were almost three homicides connected with those occasions. Fortunately, I managed, barely, to keep myself in check. Kudos to Corter and all of you who stay calm at accident scenes . . . I know it is hard.

Very glad to hear no major injuries occurred. The Corter Van will rise again!!!
bosruten
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Boston Syncro project- the Corter Van Reply with quote

Well. the van appears to have come through relatively unscathed. Hope you're both back up and running soon. Did the rollover valves to their job?
Love My Westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Boston Syncro project- the Corter Van Reply with quote

How very sad to see after all of your work. I'm glad you weren't hurt, but I really feel for you. It's amazing how emotional we can be about our these special vehicles.
corter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: Boston Syncro project- the Corter Van Reply with quote

Thanks for the love everyone. It's amazing how many folks have reached out with offers to help, clean shells, etc- this community continues to be amazing.

I'm actually feeling ok about the whole thing, she'll be back on the road (or some version of her) in the near future for sure.

Bosruten- no liquid anywhere around the van, so I"m going to assume they did their job! Everyone actually commented that they were super impressed the ground was dry, even the jerry can held strong. Other driver's car was peeing liquids all over the place!
corter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: Boston Syncro project- the Corter Van Reply with quote

Just a little update, thanks again to all those reaching out!

Damage has been appraised by insurance and they've declared it a total loss.

HOWEVER their independent appraisal of the vehicle's value is actually perfectly on point and very fair. I feel very fortunate that the guy appraising did research/had knowledge of the van and it's value.

Now we wait for them to review all of my receipts for motor/trans/body work, and make their offer. I'll be happy to share more intimate details of the case when it's all said and done, but for now I don't want to put too much out there.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 33, 34, 35  Next
Jump to:
Page 34 of 35

Jump to: