Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Hagerty Insurance
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
A67what
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Hagerty Insurance Reply with quote

I was look into getting Insurance and found hagerty, Found a few mentions of it here on The Samba. Sounds pretty good just wanted to know if anyone's ever had to file a claim with them, they quoted me at 392/ year. Also does anyone know if their having their collectors insurance exempts my 67 from emissions?
The Sage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Hagerty Insurance Reply with quote

A67what wrote:
I was look into getting Insurance and found hagerty, Found a few mentions of it here on The Samba. Sounds pretty good just wanted to know if anyone's ever had to file a claim with them, they quoted me at 392/ year. Also does anyone know if their having their collectors insurance exempts my 67 from emissions?

Do your homework to ensure your vehicle is covered. They are very reliable with payouts if you are using the vehicle as intended by the policy.

I won't insure with them, there are plenty of other options out there, but Hagerty does make it easy.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Hagerty Insurance Reply with quote

A67what wrote:
Also does anyone know if their having their collectors insurance exempts my 67 from emissions?

In AZ - Yes, as far as I know. But I haven't tried it as I don't have a '67 or newer.

I would ask the MVD what is needed for your collector car to not have to be smog tested.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sixfootdan
Samba Smartass

Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/search.php?search_keywords=Hagerty+Insurance&search_forum=1

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Desertbusman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: Hagerty Insurance Reply with quote

A67what wrote:
does anyone know if their having their collectors insurance exempts my 67 from emissions?

Instead of renewing online go in and request exemption when you renew your registration. It's wise to take a copy of your insur. policy with you. MVD get's the electronic notification of coverage from the insurance company but at least on mine their notification didn't specifically say "Classic". But the policy hardcopy did. From Mesa I'd recommend the MVD off of Hayden in Tempe. And not at the end or the first of the month.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=467779&highlight=hagerty+insurance
73sports
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read the threads on the Coram Rug Woks bus, and the Monster 15 window, and you'll have no hesitation going with Hagerty. Agreed value is exactly that, if the vehice is totaled, you get what you have it insured for.

Central Jersey VW Society
55reasons
Samba Swamp Cooler

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always end up going back to American Collectors Insurance.

Better service, and they have always had better rates.

No emissions have ever been discussed.
Rustforlife
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totaled a car last year while covered by Hagerty. No problems with them whatsoever. Still with them.
crocteau
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: Hagerty Insurance Reply with quote

Hagerty did a great job for me after my Ghia was rear ended. They also have some appealing ads, e.g., https://www.ispot.tv/ad/wWED/hagerty-moment-of-escape-disconnect

A search for "Hagerty" in this Off Topic forum returns 12 threads, of which this is the only one with Hagerty in the title. Of course there may be a more appropriate place on theSamba to post a link to a Hagerty TV advertisement, and if that's the case any moderator can feel free to move it there or delete it altogether; it's no skin off my teeth.

Last edited by crocteau on Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Malokin Martin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Hagerty Insurance Reply with quote

Crazy that there’s 27 separate threads with hagerty in the name here, but somehow we needed another one.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: Hagerty Insurance Reply with quote

This thread is from 2012 so he picked an old one. Smile
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: