Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Karnut1 - [email protected] - Paul Plese
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Karnut1
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: March 09, 2017
larrythedog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:54 pm    Post subject: Karnut1 - [email protected] - Paul Plese Reply with quote

In March I paid Paul for two items. He sent only one and claimed to have lost the other although I bought and paid with Paypal only a few hours after he posted the ad. He sent a PARTIAL refund check but it was few a dollars short. I returned the check with my accounting of the proper refund amount and he agreed on Apr 25 to refund my money by Paypal (as i had paid him originally) Then two days later he emailed that he'd look for the item. This was April 27 and six months later I'm still waiting and I got no response to an email. The amount I lost was small but . . . .

UPDATE. 22 October Got the refund with some effort. All's well that ends well.
Donated refund to the Samba - thanks Everett

[email protected]
[email protected]

Last edited by larrythedog on Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emailed him and he said he would contact you.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Rotarybreather
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:14 pm    Post subject: Karnut1 - Paul Plese - [email protected] Reply with quote

Buyers should be aware of this person. I ordered a rear windshield seal and trim for my 1968 912. The trim was shipped via UPS without adequate protection and was damaged. No markings (i.e., 'Fragile', 'Handle With Care', etc.) were on the box. UPS finally paid me to compensate for the unusable trim after 2 months (I was told initially it would take only 10 days). I was also overcharged for shipping. A friend and I tried to install the rear seal only to find that it is for the front windshield, not the rear, as his ad originally stated. I will not look to Karnut1 for replacement of the front seal. I would have thought that he knew the difference between the front and rear windshield seals. Hopefully this warning will help future buyers to stay away from this vendor.
mquez
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:38 am    Post subject: Karnut1 - [email protected] Reply with quote

In December 2009 I purchased a rear deck lid grill for an early Porsche 912 from Karnut1. These grills are made of aluminum and very delicate. When I received the grill from Paul the natural arch on the grill had been completely flattened because of the way the grill was packaged. The grill was crammed into the box. I called Paul and explained the problem and sent him pictures. He said that if I returned the grill to him and helped him file a claim with UPS he would refund my money. So I returned the grill. I went about a week without receiving a refund and contacted him to see what the delay was. He was mad that I had not tried to straighten the grill myself. I told him that I was not going to pay $235 for an item that had to be bent back into the proper shape. Yet he still told me he would refund the money. I went another week without hearing from him. So I started calling him and emailing him several times a week with no response. Finally when I did get a response he told me he was not want to refund the money. Eventually he agreed to return half of the purchase, but he returned only $113.50 of $235. I have now received back less than half of my $235 and I have nothing to show for it other than a few months of hassle. To top it off he straightened the grill and sold it again, profiting twice from the same grill. Good deal for him. Buyer beware. This guy is a thief.
Karnut1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:37 am    Post subject: SALE OF GRILL TO MQUEZ REPLY Reply with quote

MATT MARQUEZ, Stated the item was "severely bent" and to have UPS pay up insur. on said item. UPS inspected throughly and REJECTED!!!!!!!!! his request. He complained to paypal . They, after viewing the UPS REJECTION,, REJECTED HIS REQUEST again !!!!!and dropped his case. Mr Marquez from Seattle , sent it to me for inspection at which time i told him i would return the $$$$ if/damaged UPS did not cover all of it as it was packed less that perfect ( a bit too small a box packed from UPS!!) I opened , ( which he had not done!) and had a 12 yr old neighbor boy bend it with about 2lbs of pressure on each side over his knee. He did this and the item was beyond perfect. . UPS had shrink wrapped it a bit too tight but was fine in less than 10 seconds,,,, by a 12 yr old. I advised Mr Marquez of this and was surprised but made no attempt to have it shipped back to him. I asked if he works on his own car and he said no ,, leading me to believe he( being an accountant) does not understand anything mechanical. I gave him multiple chances to ship it back and he refused . Me , believeing, that he bought one at a lower price and just wanted to return mine for any reason.

Last edited by Karnut1 on Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:20 am; edited 2 times in total
Karnut1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:45 am    Post subject: grill to matt marquez addendum Reply with quote

Ps i sold the grill and had multiple offers within minutes( 8am ) of the start of the Porsche swap meet here in LA last week for . A bidding war started that I did not start but ended with a sale of $300.00 My opinion is that Mr .Marquez should have a qualified mechanic purchase his parts for him and that he really should have held on to this one ,,,,,,,,, he could have sold it and made about 65$ alone if he had a 12 yr old around to help him bend a piece of aluminum with about the same pressure it takes to straighten a hair pin.
Karnut1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:17 am    Post subject: rotary breather rear seal and trim Reply with quote

Rotarybreather wrote:
I ordered a rear windshield seal and trim for my 1968 912. The trim was shipped via UPS without adequate protection and was damaged. No markings (i.e., 'Fragile', 'Handle With Care', etc.) were on the box. UPS finally paid me to compensate for the unusable trim after 2 months (I was told initially it would take only 10 days). I was also overcharged for shipping. A friend and I tried to install the rear seal only to find that it is for the front windshield, not the rear, as his ad originally stated.

buyer got real quiet after i told him that i had taken pics of the item and wanted to see his pics of the damage. He finally sent them very unclear and not detailed or close up but sharp enough to tell one thing,,,,,,,,, these were not my parts.!! i called UPS and they stated that damage/ scams / claims are always up during a recession/depression as they are now about 30% and to take detailed shots before mailing as people are trying these scams . They paid him for the part because he used his old ones and not mine!!! as a side by side comparison shows. The seals are NOS and out of a Preformance products box, i barely remembered him as he called/ e-mailed months after the sale. told him to mail it back and he never did. i take pics of everything i sell
mquez
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:52 pm    Post subject: Karnut1 - [email protected] Reply with quote

PAUL PLESE has some of his facts very wrong. I never claimed the grill was “severely bent” what I did tell him is that the grill was “flat as a pancake”. When I received the grill I called Paul and explained to him the condition of the grill and sent him pictures. HE TOLD ME TO SEND THE GRILL BACK AND HE WOULD RETURN THE MONEY. HE DID NOT SAY “i told him i would return the $$$$ if/damaged UPS did not cover all of it as it was packed less that perfect.” HE TOLD ME TO CONTACT UPS and FILE A CLAIM. I did so, and found out that if a claim was to be paid, it would be to the sender not the receiver. Paul states “I asked if he works on his own car and he said no”, which is also not correct. Paul also states that he believes I “bought one at a lower price and just wanted to return mine for any reason”, which is also not correct. Paul also states “I gave him multiple chances to ship it back and he refused”, which is also not correct. He told me I could buy the grill back from him for an additional $60. Are you kidding me, send the guy that is ripping me off more money?!

Long story short I and out $121.50 and have no grill to show for it. I have wasted the last 3 months trying to contact Paul, but he is a coward that does not return calls or emails. Be very careful if you decide to do purchase from him.
Karnut1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:06 pm    Post subject: bent grille Reply with quote

If it was so bad then why did a bidding war open up on the grille at the swap meet? Why did paypal and UPS reject your claim but i am supposed to honor it? i even refunded half of your $$$!!! As far as me being a coward ? come on down , you know my adderss ,,,,,, Mr accountant. You will see who the coward is. PS stick to crunching numbers big fella,, based on your mechanical abilties, I think your are better with a pencil than your fists.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
the grill was “flat as a pancake”

It sounds like we are getting into a back & forth argument but your photos would show this to be true.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mquez
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I will just schedule a flight and come on down so we can fight? What an idiot! I would love to knock your old ass out, but since we are 1,000 miles apart we both know that is not going to happen. I may be an accountant, but that doesn’t mean I can’t fight and I promise I would get my money’s worth.

You can see from the pictures that the natural arch to the grill has been flattened, and is even a little v-shaped (photo 1). This happened because Paul had it wrapped tight with a piece of plywood (photo 2) in a box that was not wide enough for the grill (photo 3). It had to be squeezed into the box kitty corner (photo4). Why would I want to pay full price for a grill that needed to be straightened out? These things are made of aluminum and very delicate. Good for Paul being able to straighten it out. He had nothing to lose by trying to straighten it out, he had the grill and my money. If I had tried to straighten it out and failed I would be stuck with at $235 piece of junk.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Rotarybreather
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: rotary breather rear seal and trim Reply with quote

Karnut1 wrote:
Rotarybreather wrote:
I ordered a rear windshield seal and trim for my 1968 912. The trim was shipped via UPS without adequate protection and was damaged. No markings (i.e., 'Fragile', 'Handle With Care', etc.) were on the box. UPS finally paid me to compensate for the unusable trim after 2 months (I was told initially it would take only 10 days). I was also overcharged for shipping. A friend and I tried to install the rear seal only to find that it is for the front windshield, not the rear, as his ad originally stated.

buyer got real quiet after i told him that i had taken pics of the item and wanted to see his pics of the damage. He finally sent them very unclear and not detailed or close up but sharp enough to tell one thing,,,,,,,,, these were not my parts.!! i called UPS and they stated that damage/ scams / claims are always up during a recession/depression as they are now about 30% and to take detailed shots before mailing as people are trying these scams . They paid him for the part because he used his old ones and not mine!!! as a side by side comparison shows. The seals are NOS and out of a Preformance products box, i barely remembered him as he called/ e-mailed months after the sale. told him to mail it back and he never did. i take pics of everything i sell

This is absolutely untrue. The photos I sent to Paul were in fact of the trim I bought. I did get reimbursed by UPS but now have a front windshield seal that I don't need because this vendor obviously can't tell the difference between a front and rear windshield seal, or just sent me a front one to make some money. This guy should be banned forever from TheSamba.
John Saranto M.D.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:12 pm    Post subject: paul plese/[email protected] Reply with quote

I purchased a 356/912 dipstick from Paul. the dipstick that arrived looked just like the real item but was the wrong size, and Paul concluded he'd sent one that came off of an old British car of his. he responded immediately, found the right one and put it in the mail as soon as he could. mistakes do happen, he acknowledged this and responded most appropriately.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:06 pm    Post subject: funky rod feedback for Karnut1 Reply with quote

Fair and honest. Good to deal with.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
WOLF1953
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:56 am    Post subject: Karnut1 - [email protected] - Paul Plese Reply with quote

Purchased two items from Paul, excellant communication, very smooth transaction. Very Happy
VWKDF
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: grill to matt marquez addendum Reply with quote

Karnut1 wrote:
Ps i sold the grill and had multiple offers within minutes( 8am ) of the start of the Porsche swap meet here in LA last week for . A bidding war started that I did not start but ended with a sale of $300.00 My opinion is that Mr .Marquez should have a qualified mechanic purchase his parts for him and that he really should have held on to this one ,,,,,,,,, he could have sold it and made about 65$ alone if he had a 12 yr old around to help him bend a piece of aluminum with about the same pressure it takes to straighten a hair pin.

I was just reading this and it made me very curious. If an item was returned and then sold in a bidding war at 65 dollar more profit, why not refund the original purchaser who retuned it the rest of his money?

I am sorry if I am out of line bringing up a year and a half old dispute, but was it resolved further than seen here?
John Saranto M.D.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:01 am    Post subject: paul plese Reply with quote

just bought 912 rocker assemblies from Paul. they were shipped promptly, well packed, and he took the trouble to find all the little nuts and fasteners.
Bruce Smith
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:12 am    Post subject: Buyer beware: Paul Plese Karnut1 Reply with quote

I wish I'd read feedback about this guy before trying to deal with him. If there were a three strikes rule, this guy wouldn't be around. I bought some gaskets from Mr. Plese about a month ago for an agreed upon price to include shipping. Shipping shouldn't be too difficult, right? Apparently it is for him. He took the gaskets to the post office, wrapped them in an old plastic bag, then placed them in an oversized Express Mail shipping envelope. He had no intention of paying Express Mail postage so he folded the envelope over so some of the Express Mail markings were covered. He then taped my email message to him with my mailing address in the margin and placed standard first class postage on the whole mess. Postal regulations require Express Mail rates be paid when such packaging is used regardless whether the envelope is altered. When the package arrived at my house, there was $27.50 postage due! My wife paid the fee, not knowing the circumstances.

I contacted Mr. Plese about this, explaining the situation and why the post office charged Express Mail rates. I showed him the explicit notice that the Post Office posts regarding the use of Express Mail packaging. He responded calling my story outrageous and telling me that my wife should have refused to pay it and he would have dealt with it. How would that work out anyway? He'd have the gaskets, my money, an Express Mail charge, and still have to ship them. He said he was never told about Express Mail packaging. I believe he would have been if he bothered to ask! I asked Mr. Plese to make good on the expense he caused because of his mistake. He has since ignored me. Should I be suprised? I stongly recommend that purchaising anything from this guy be avoided. I am interested in hearing Mr. Plese's reply to this, if he has one. There's not much about the facts here to dispute.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: