Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official Volksrod Discussion Topic
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
flemcadiddlehopper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vwracerdave wrote:
My big problem with them is the dumb assholes that think it is cool to drive a car on the streets with no front brakes.

That can't happen in Canada, our rules are too strict to allow anything on the road with no fenders or no brakes.

gordo.

Retrograde Garage. Vintage Aircooled, and others.
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see high dollar "T" buckets all the time with no front brakes... Those owners claim its too dangerous to have them.. front locks up too easily... I even had one tell me he pulled his front brakes off because it kept kinking his spoked wheels. Old style dune buggy and rail buggy way of thinkin' was the same way... only rear brakes....
Rolling Eyes.
If thier brakes were propotioned properly.... it wouldnt be an issue and it would be safer..
It's hard to change the minds of those who already know it all....
Its about the going not the showing
Rebuilt to drive not decorate
WANTED: Local Eatin' Joints, Triple D for TheSamba contributions here http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=570510
Search "VOLKSWAGNUT" on YouTube since you cant watch a "certain" BELT change video round here
Usually and often edited
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Don Barker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Rat Rods Reply with quote

Sabe Todo's
flemcadiddlehopper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VOLKSWAGNUT wrote:
I see high dollar "T" buckets all the time with no front brakes... Those owners claim its too dangerous to have them.. front locks up too easily... I even had one tell me he pulled his front brakes off because it kept kinking his spoked wheels. Old style dune buggy and rail buggy way of thinkin' was the same way... only rear brakes....
Rolling Eyes.
If thier brakes were propotioned properly.... it wouldnt be an issue and it would be safer..

that seems to be a Harley way of thinking too(you don't often see those two words in the same sentence, "Harley and Thinking"). Just two steps off of square wheels in the evolution of mobility.
Perhaps those Rod people could learn a thing or two from a Buell. Brakes are attached to the rim, no braking forces through the spokes at all.

Gordo.

Retrograde Garage. Vintage Aircooled, and others.
Keith
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flemcadiddlehopper wrote:
VOLKSWAGNUT wrote:
Rolling Eyes.

that seems to be a Harley way of thinking too(you don't often see those two words in the same sentence, "Harley and Thinking"). Just two steps off of square wheels in the evolution of mobility.
Perhaps those Rod people could learn a thing or two from a Buell. Brakes are attached to the rim, no braking forces through the spokes at all.

Gordo.

Brake rotors on the rim are older than buell and quite a few hotrod and bobber/chopper builders have done it as well.

"I firmly believe that some villagers from Botswana could probably build a better road than PennDot."- Splitty

"If you do anything to your car someone will hate on you for it. People absolutely love to complain and find fault with others. Don't let it bother you. Just live and have fun."- Lind
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovalteen wrote:
Brake rotors on the rim are older than buell and quite a few hotrod and bobber/chopper builders have done it as well.

Only the ones that have thier heads out of thier asses... and understand that there is a different way to do things....that actually work.
WANTED: Local Eatin' Joints, Triple D for TheSamba contributions here http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=570510
Search "VOLKSWAGNUT" on YouTube since you cant watch a "certain" BELT change video round here
Usually and often edited
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vaughn bros.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VOLKSWAGNUT wrote:
sixfootdan wrote:
I would still like to see a volksrod forum in here, It's been brought up before.

I agree.... and it would thrive.

There are plenty of closet Volksrod admirers..., Anxious ,that are samba members, and samba lurkers.

First off, thank you SAMBA for letting all of us VW Enthusiast gather and freely post our work, sell our goods, and satisfy our need for all things VW. There is no other site on the web like it. Thank You.

Second, I will publicly promise to keep my post clean if there was a forum index category for "V-Rods" or the like. I would post to it Exclusively, no one else would see it but on Samba. I would never abuse it and would become a paying member again, 2 years in advance.

But Third, I think the reason Samba thrives is because there is no V-Rod category. If there was, then Samba would be like everyone else. I think the only thing we can do as VW RatRodders and V-Rodders is agree on which existing thread is best to post on. If it gets regular updates, then that may be all we need.

In Readers Rides, this could be the official Q&A and whatnot.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1...highlight=

Our shop is building a fenderless bug but its not really a rat rod. If I had a thread, I could prove it. For vwracerdave's sake, it has massive front brakes.
coad Premium Member
Samba Scapegoat

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vaughn bros. wrote:
VOLKSWAGNUT wrote:
sixfootdan wrote:
I would still like to see a volksrod forum in here, It's been brought up before.

I agree.... and it would thrive.

There are plenty of closet Volksrod admirers..., Anxious ,that are samba members, and samba lurkers.

First off, thank you SAMBA for letting all of us VW Enthusiast gather and freely post our work, sell our goods, and satisfy our need for all things VW. There is no other site on the web like it. Thank You.

Second, I will publicly promise to keep my post clean if there was a forum index category for "V-Rods" or the like. I would post to it Exclusively, no one else would see it but on Samba. I would never abuse it and would become a paying member again, 2 years in advance.

I'd like to see one too. Why don't you post in the Site Forum?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dubllyou
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm no purist, no sirree! I wanna live to build a VolksRod or three! Very Happy

oh, sorry. just had a little Jiminy Cricket flashback... Shocked

Wade

vwo60 wrote:
You cannot polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.
sixfootdan
Samba Smartass

Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the thread in the site forum, http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=375815&highlight=volksrod

I'll bump it back to the top and everyone can discuss it in there.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sandfreaks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive been looking at Volksrods for over two years planning my build.
I have only seen two with no front brakes. They both recieved a ration
of shit even from the volksrod forum. Most are built to be driven and therfore are built to be somewhat safe.
I think a seperate place just for Volksrods would be a huge plus.
If for nothing else than to get all these seperate posts into one place.
I hang out at Volksrods.com but also like to come to Thesamba
at look at what else is going on in the VW community.
I see bashing on both sites. I think when you post a build
you need to be prepared for it. Everyone has there own opinion about
what looks good. Not sure why people think its there que to be a dick to someone else though. Rolling Eyes
Even though I consider myself more of a custom guy I still love to look at the Bone stock orginal 67 and below cars, bus's etc. Thats the thing I love most about old VW's is the Wide range of options. I think if there were a seperate area for Volksrods people would post more. If your a purist
and that sort of thing bugs you then dont look. Very Happy
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sixfootdan wrote:
Here is the thread in the site forum, http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=375815&highlight=volksrod

I posted on the site link, but what happened to the rest of the Volksrod support.... here on TheSamba.... Confused
Hello???? Anxious
Usually and often edited

Last edited by VOLKSWAGNUT on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
vaughn bros.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VOLKSWAGNUT wrote:
sixfootdan wrote:

Mad
I posted on the site link, but what happened to the rest of the Volksrod support.... here on TheSamba.... Confused

So this is going to be the official thread? If so, can the title loose the question mark? (Volksrod?) I was a little slow in determining if this was the official thread so I apologize.
I have to admit its off the beaten path for me but so is the watercooled forum. I will now post all my Volksrod stuff on the Volksrod? thread, see ya there. Very Happy
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vaughn bros. wrote:
So this is going to be the official thread? If so, can the title loose the question mark? (Volksrod?) I was a little slow in determining if this was the official thread so I apologize.
I have to admit its off the beaten path for me but so is the watercooled forum. I will now post all my Volksrod stuff on the Volksrod? thread, see ya there. Very Happy

The "Site" area is for questions, suggestions and issues with the entire Samba site. The Volksrod topic in the "site" area was a plead for a Volksrod topic. So go there and plead the case pro/con. If Everett sees enough interest, an actual forum may be created. So far... as usual we're outnumbered around here...Not a bad thing IMO... I like being odd man out. Twisted Evil
Usually and often edited

Last edited by VOLKSWAGNUT on Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
coad Premium Member
Samba Scapegoat

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VOLKSWAGNUT wrote:
vaughn bros. wrote:

READ the link from the top.. Its not a topic but a question of creating a topic...

The "Site" area is for questions, suggestions and issues with the entire Samba site. The Volksrod topic in the "site" area was a plead for a Volksrod topic. So go there and plead the case pro/con. If Everett sees enough interest, an actual forum may be created. So far... as usual the we're outnumbered around here...Not a bad thing IMO... I like being odd out. Twisted Evil

OK, for the time being this is the official Volksrod Thread. Let's see what happens.

Ready . . . set. . . . go . . .
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Reader's Rides Topics like that are typically just for picture posting but yes, there are other topics around.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vaughn bros.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our battery box will be finished this afternoon. Will be using a side post battery.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
rgdedge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vaughn bros. wrote:
Our battery box will be finished this afternoon. Will be using a side post battery.

Looking good. Will you be at Farmington next month even without the car? I may drive mine over the mountain to the show.
Tim
vaughn bros.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats happenin rgdedge! Yeah I will try to be at farmington. Still have some parts I can sell so. Heres the box as of tonight.

vaughn bros.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Jump to:
Page 2 of 19

Jump to: