Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Road trip: ABQ to Las Vegas (& error in posting)
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanis13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:31 pm    Post subject: Road trip: ABQ to Las Vegas (& error in posting) Reply with quote

getting an error in posting, trying this post to see if it works

Moderator edit: Thread title amended.

www.SuperVanagon.com - some stuff I make
vanis13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: error in posting Reply with quote

even after this one posted, the following message gives an error in posting

Las Vegas - Handerson - Lake Las Vegas – camp and shower ideas

Las Vegas / Handerson / Lake Las Vegas – camp and shower and cool things suggestions

I’ll be driving from NM to Henderson (Las Vegas) NV to the Westin on Lake Las Vegas for a class Mon 3/14 to Wed 3/16.

https://goo.gl/maps/rUtMB1TKZ8o

Since I’m paying for it, I’m going to be (relatively) slumming it in the Westy (maybe I’ll rename the Westy to the Westin if this goes well)

Any suggestions on where to camp near there and take a shower would be appreciated. If the Westin has a pool/shower it would be fun to poach that and I’d like a back up plan too.

Also cool thing to do there or on the way? I’ll come up the weekend prior and may also bring the hang glider if the weather looks promising.

Never been to the strip so that is on the list. Not much of a gambler.

Thanks,
Andrew

davevickery
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: error in posting Reply with quote

I spent several enjoyable days camping this time of year on Lake Mead.
It is and NRA or BLM land so free 14 day camping.
You can drive right up to the water on slick rock and camp anywhere you want. There are RVs parked around the various coves but there was no one close to me when I camped there.
If you zoom in on the 2nd map, you can see RVs all over the place.
There is a basic rest room at the top of the road (Government Wash Road). And it is only about 20 minutes from North Las Vegas.
vanis13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: error in posting Reply with quote

Dave, that is a great hint. Looks liked it will be an awesome place. Any ideas of a shower there? Maybe I'll dip in the lake

vanis13
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: error in posting Reply with quote

Re error

Just tried to repost the original message via copy/paste the text in my message above and fit the same error. Even tried it from my phone. Weird.... Maybe something about the combination of words?

fleet_maintenance
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: error in posting Reply with quote

vanis13 wrote:

maybe I’ll rename the Westy to the Westyn if this goes well

FTFY
wcdennis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: error in posting Reply with quote

vanis13 wrote:
Re error

Just tried to repost the original message via copy/paste the text in my message above and fit the same error. Even tried it from my phone. Weird.... Maybe something about the combination of words?

Since this thread is started, have you tried just editing the title?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
davevickery
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Road trip: ABQ to Las Vegas (& error in posting) Reply with quote

Something seems odd. I included google maps in my post and they are not their now. So maybe some site hiccups.

I would just use the shower at the hotel. You are a guest there, no reason you can't use the facilties, either a workout room shower or pool.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: