Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wild Westerner Club
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 167, 168, 169  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

President, Wild Westerner Club

1978 Champagne Edition Westy, repowered to '97 Jetta TDI
1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Well hell, now my damn post isn't loading correctly!

Edit: I was trying to get a link to an article about the water tower to embed and I guess that was causing some weird problem.

Here it is in case you're interested.

https://coatingresourcesinc.com/2020/01/23/water-tank-in-kansas-awarded-for-its-oz-some-design/

1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing

Last edited by vwwestyman on Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Finally got the other pics to upload!

Bill rolled into Wamego in the early hours of Sunday morning this week. We met up for a short reunion of our Buses after our family got out of church and had lunch.

Because the city park was overwhelmed by the annual Tulip Festival, we met at the edge of the local high school football field parking lot for a couple pics. In the distance, you can see the award-winning water tower that is painted like the Wizard of Oz's hot air balloon.

My son Silas was having fun picking the dandelions and passing them out to Katherine, Bill, and I!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

We did get a pic of everyone together in front of the Buses.

As we prepared to head home, Silas immediately climbed up to the driver's seat! (And insisted that I sit in his car seat, sorry, not pictured!)

1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Im sure you meant Bussess....

Thats a cute kid, that SSilass

Cool
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2023 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

It occurred to me to double check if this was explicitly stated, and it appears to not have been:

Neither Bill nor I plan to be in or around Spokane as originally hoped/planned. I think Bill did communicate this directly to Rico when he left the region.

It seems that the Wild Westerner Reunion was Bill and I meeting up a couple weeks ago.

I think the main difficulty was trying to plan to have a gathering in a place where nobody trying to do the planning lived or frequented! So I don't blame anyone for being hesitant to commit to doing that.

And if I'm being totally open and honest, I was very excited for the trip and am sad to be writing that it isn't happening. But as I mentioned before, we moved in December to be able to bring a 13 year boy into the family to adopt.

So all my efforts have been centered around those things: Helping a young teenage boy who's experienced significant trauma integrate into the family and feel loved and secure and managing mental health crises, while still attempting to complete projects related to moving/setting up a new house, and running my business have taken up basically all of my mental and physical energy for months now.

All that left basically no time for doing any "fun" projects like working on a Bus. Hell, it needs a new alternator and I ordered a rebuilt one a month ago, and it is still sitting on the shelf.

I write all that not looking for accolades or sympathy, but to make it clear that I really really wanted this to happen, but it simply cannot for our family. (Though if you're the praying type, we can certainly use as many of those as we can get!!)

Maybe I'll be able to do a 55 year anniversary trip!

1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2023 3:14 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

"Heads Up" "Tails Down"
We now have two 50th Anniversary Shirts designs that we will post links to in a few hours.
We removed Spokane Washington from the multicolored print for obvious reasons and also have a second design with one color ink that may be less expensive.
"The good" is the company providing the shirts usually ships in 24 hours.
"The bad" there is no shopping cart which means if you want different size shirts or different color shirts it will be separate orders. This printing company does not have customer service people to talk to, you must email them, and they may or may not respond.
My suggestion is to order sizes larger than you normally wear to make sure you receive shirts that you can wear.

Slight delay for those of you sitting on the edge of your seat wanting a shirt. Trouble with pooter.

Happy Anniversary Wild Westerners "Roll On"

2002 Snap Orange Turbo Beetle (Daughter)
1973 Wild Westerner (Son) Vin #2232203230... Production Date Monday May 14, 1973 *** Destination Portland, Or.

Card Carrying Member of the International Wild Westerner Club
America (65) - Austria (1) -Canada (1)- Denmark (1) - France (1)- Germany (5) - Mexico (4) - The Netherlands (2) Portugal (1) - United Kingdom (3)
modom60
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

I owned a beautiful original WW in the late eighties and early nineties. I bought it in Denver Co. . A year later I moved down to Florida with it
It was the only one I ever saw with a factory sunroof.
I loved it, but I couldn’t afford to keep it on the road. I sold it to a guy in Tallahassee that wanted to fix it up in the mid nineties. I hope it’s still alive.
ricosworld
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2023 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

I have seen a sunroof model a few years ago at a show in Oregon. Also 2 adventure wagons conversion high tops man those things were badazz.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:22 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

50th Anniversary T-Shirts Can Be Ordered Here:
http://linktr.ee/wildwesterner

There are four versions.
Light and Dark versions of design 1
Light and Dark versions of design 2

Right now the shirt previews are only showing the front design when ordering - here are the looks.

Example of Design 1:

Example of Design 2 Back (Alternative):

Please Note: Spokane Washington has been removed other than that what you see is what you get.

1973 Wild Westerner (Son) Vin #2232203230... Production Date Monday May 14, 1973 *** Destination Portland, Or.

America (65) - Austria (1) -Canada (1)- Denmark (1) - France (1)- Germany (5) - Mexico (4) - The Netherlands (2) Portugal (1) - United Kingdom (3)
Radvan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

I'm looking to confirm if my 73 is a wild westerner. I got this from Socal last year and pulled it to BC, Canada. Previous owner painted it white, both greens are underneath.
Thanks for the help!
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:46 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Look for colour code 736 on the M plate.
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Post a pic of the M plate, and PM me your address if you find the 736, and I'll get you stickers as quickly as my hectic life will allow!

1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Hello Dave...

Please add
Radvan 2232 204 227 20/2 UA in Canada, BC as our newest member/owner.
Congratulations Radvan is the newest member to our International Club.
I will forward the information to Club President Dave Cook.
You see folks there are still Wild Westerners waiting to be found..

50 Years and Counting !

froles
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Hello Wild Westerner club

We just got this wild western a few months ago and after our first real ride in it we are home and excited, and now curious to know more about our car.
We have found this group and think that here we can probably get answers to some of our questions?
What we do know is that our car, has had two previous owners in Denmark and has probably passed through Germany on its way from the USA.

Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Hello Cousin...
First take a picture of the credit card size metal plate riveted to the wall behind the driver's seat then post it here. It is called the m code plate and have various numbers and letters that help us identify the Wild Westerners.

vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

And then PM me your address so I can dispatch the official stickers to you!

(Also, please post more pics of that beauty! I would love love love to have a hightop WW!)

1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
thammysoft
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:52 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Hi i am Uwe from Germany
Proud new Owner of this Wild Westener Camper from 1973
hope to become Member soon
Take care
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:10 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Welcome thammysoft and congratulations that is one fine looking Wild Westerner.
Dave please add thammysoft as our newest member.
2232 186 731
16/3 UK

See folks we still finding these Funky Colored Critters.

Fantastic Find !

vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Conveniently, there is a VW show over in Topeka, on the same day as my sister's birthday dinner! A two in one trip!

So Silas and I gave the WW a bath this evening. He's a pretty good helper!

1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 167, 168, 169  Next
Jump to:
Page 168 of 169

Jump to: