Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wild Westerner Club
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 118, 119, 120 ... 167, 168, 169  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmattso1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Hey if anyone wants their van immortalized on a BBQ Apron please email my friend [email protected]. She does great work.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:07 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Now that is First Class, I'm thinking a sweat shirt possibly. Either could be an item to sell at the Wild Westerner Reunions.

Ladies and Gents :

I say we start planning gatherings/events across the country that could be a part of other events such as Sturgis, Burning Man and or Hugh VW Rallies. Push, Pull, Drag or Drive depending on condition. This certainly would be an enjoyable way of promoting our cause to save this breed of Volkswagens.

I say we all should search for engines, transmissions and any other parts to hoard to help keep our buses on the road for our enjoyment as well as others. Then as a Club Member needs a part we can sell or exchange parts among ourselves, helping each other. If you do not have a place to store parts let the masses know and maybe someone else purchase and store these parts. Just a thought.

I'm still going to pursue going green, for if affordable I would think standing in my shoes would be the way to go.

The floor is open for discussion. Lets make plans to meet we need ideas, places, events and dates.

Waving my hand from Georgetown, SC

Peace Out

2002 Snap Orange Turbo Beetle (Daughter)
1973 Wild Westerner (Son) Vin #2232203230... Production Date Monday May 14, 1973 *** Destination Portland, Or.

Card Carrying Member of the International Wild Westerner Club
America (65) - Austria (1) -Canada (1)- Denmark (1) - France (1)- Germany (5) - Mexico (4) - The Netherlands (2) Portugal (1) - United Kingdom (3)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

There are a couple weekends per year I couldn't make it. But with enough advance notice, I'm pretty sure I could get to either end of the country in my WW. Most notably, the last part of July through the first couple weeks of August, I would be unable. But otherwise, barring some large life change I don't anticipate, I'm there!

Like I said, though, my location is right in the middle of everyone! There is a VW show just north of Kansas City usually right around Memorial Day weekend. Also Bustoberfest is in the South East corner of Nebraska the 3rd weekend of October each year. It would be awesome to get a few WWs there! bustoberfest.com

President, Wild Westerner Club

1978 Champagne Edition Westy, repowered to '97 Jetta TDI
1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
danfromsyr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

I don't see why not, the Type3 guys alternate east/west each year or 2.
the buggy guys coordinate cross country treks as well.
so why shouldn't a group of Envious Bays be able to do similar.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

You all should just raid regular car shows and all park up in a row.... It'd be like mustang, camaro, corvette, 15 green and blue Volkswagen's Laughing
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
nezz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

this one showed up for sale in Portugal. from the license plate, '73 model, imported in '86. it's a USA model

chassis nº is 2232196521

vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

nezz wrote:
this one showed up for sale in Portugal. from the license plate, '73 model, imported in '86. it's a USA model

chassis nº is 2232196521

Somebody around here was wanting an Automatic WW.

Hop on it!

I'd kinda like one of those high top WWs.

1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

nezz Cool find indeed.
If possible please contact the owner for I will gladly forward free of charge Wild Westerner Club Certification Decals for their vehicle.

Thanks for your help.

Waving my hand from South Carolina, U. S. A.

1973 Wild Westerner (Son) Vin #2232203230... Production Date Monday May 14, 1973 *** Destination Portland, Or.

America (65) - Austria (1) -Canada (1)- Denmark (1) - France (1)- Germany (5) - Mexico (4) - The Netherlands (2) Portugal (1) - United Kingdom (3)
surfbus23
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Found one in disguise out in Boise.

https://boise.craigslist.org/cto/d/1973-vw-bus/6448088116.html
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

surfbus23

Great De tect ive work. I send an email requesting a text picture of the m-code plate and address so I could send Club Decals. Not sure it went thru.
Please try and make contact as well for we need to register it.

Please Note:

All Current Owners, All Former, Owners and All Contributors will be Welcome to the Wild Westerner Club Events and gatherings to be to be held across the country in 2018 and beyond.

I proclaim in May of 2023, iffin I be here or not, on the 50th Birthday of the Wild Westerner , a Massive Gathering, location not yet determined be held sum wheres in The lower 48. and for all located in other locations via satellite or other dimension cell u brate The Existence And Survival of The Mystical Magical Wild Westerner V-Dub Bus.

Can I get an Amen from the congregation .

Hal A Lool Yea ... lol

Collie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Cool....I have four years to purchase a WW!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

I think these things deserve a 45 year reunion! Who would be in for this summer perhaps? Just after all the buses' birthdays!

1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

vwwestyman wrote:
I think these things deserve a 45 year reunion! Who would be in for this summer perhaps? Just after all the buses' birthdays!

Should have this as the meeting site Wink Laughing

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

^^^ That would be cool, but a bunch of the buildings are gone now. I would bet the City of Spokane would be acceptable to some sort of special accommodations if approached the right way.
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Collie wrote:
Cool....I have four years to purchase a WW!

X2... Sorry for my lack of knowledge Notchboy, but where is that?
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
KentPS wrote:

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Guessing the 1974 Worlds Fair that was in Spokane.

1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Yep Expo 1974 Worlds Fair. The same that is associated with the WW bus.

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:55 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

I think that is an Awesome idea.

I nominate Notchboy to be our Ambassador to set a weeks long event schedule that would include a parade, car show and any other events such as a (non-sexual) poker run.

If someone who is good at graphics design a 50 th Birthday Card we can put on the inside The month, day and year of manufacture as well as location of manufacture and port of entry in to the U S A.

T-shirts and Beer Steins with Wild Westerner logos.

Who knows maybe Volkswagen will contribute to the cause.

The birthday cards and such can be sent to those across the pond so they would not be left out.

Some cool ideas for the safari Wild Westerners would be an ambulance, an ice cream truck, Beach Patrol, a convertable and ????

A Hearst ( you stab em and we slab em ) (you kill em and we chill em ) Funeral Home humor.

Several Wild Westerners have been reported to have significant roof damage those would be great candidates fir safari tops. There are several vw salvage yards that would have the safari tops for purchase. Lake Ellisor for example.

I'm all in Very Happy

Looks as if we have some time to make this happen so lets move forward and help each other get their Buses ready.

Ideas are Welcome.

Last edited by Bill Sullivan on Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:00 am; edited 1 time in total
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:59 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

I like this idea...
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
KentPS wrote:

mukluk wrote:
jtauxe Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

That sounds like fun. Imagine all that green!

And, I just got good original heat back into JellyBean over the weekend. So, this WW is now a mechanically fully functional running bus! Running great on the original dual carbs, even.

Now all it needs is some welding, and a full interior upholstery redo. And a windshield. Well, and all new window rubber, to be honest. And the horn needs fixing, as well as the original AM Sapphire radio. And a couple of light switches need some service. And the interior lights need to get worked on. But then...

Then it will be FINE!

Anyone need a rolling restoration project?
1969 Transporter, 1971 Westfalia, 1976, 1977, 1976, 1977, 1971, 1973, 1977 Westfalias,
1979 Champagne Sunroof, 1974 Westfalia Automatic, 1979 Transporter, 1972 Sportsmobile, 1973 Transporter Wild Westerner, 1974 Westfalia parts bus
, 1975 Mexican single cab *FOR SALE*, 1978 Irish 4-door double cab RHD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 118, 119, 120 ... 167, 168, 169  Next
Jump to:
Page 119 of 169

Jump to: