Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wild Westerner Club
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 125, 126, 127 ... 167, 168, 169  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Laughing that cake is wild (westerner) man! I like that shirt idea with sewing in the stripe, but that would be hard to do for all of them. I might try prototyping a few for you all this weekend.
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

My mom made that one. She also had made a Westy cake for my dog's birthday earlier in the summer!

(Yes, I had a dog birthday party. But really it was just an excuse to have friends over and make homemade corn dogs.)

President, Wild Westerner Club

1978 Champagne Edition Westy, repowered to '97 Jetta TDI
1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Assignment :

Do we have anyone in the vicinity of the gold mine Continental yard somewhere in New Mexico that would physically go there and look at all 73 to 79 bus inventory for the 736 paint code on the m code plate ? If so we need the serial numbers and to please notify the owners of our existence. In addition try and find out who owns the Wild Westerner shown last week on the transport trailer with two other vw buses. Also name and address of the restoration company they were headed to we think in California.

Sullivan

The shirt, cake and bus may have been a bit too much for girlfriend to handle. Just Saying !
Butt as I always say, women are like mailboxes there is another one just a little bit further down the road. No offense Rixie.

2002 Snap Orange Turbo Beetle (Daughter)
1973 Wild Westerner (Son) Vin #2232203230... Production Date Monday May 14, 1973 *** Destination Portland, Or.

Card Carrying Member of the International Wild Westerner Club
America (65) - Austria (1) -Canada (1)- Denmark (1) - France (1)- Germany (5) - Mexico (4) - The Netherlands (2) Portugal (1) - United Kingdom (3)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
1973SFWild
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Finally got to test drive it through SOMA Mission District of San Francisco.
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

All you need to do is polish it and drive it.

Automatic Sweet..

1973 Wild Westerner (Son) Vin #2232203230... Production Date Monday May 14, 1973 *** Destination Portland, Or.

America (65) - Austria (1) -Canada (1)- Denmark (1) - France (1)- Germany (5) - Mexico (4) - The Netherlands (2) Portugal (1) - United Kingdom (3)
1973SFWild
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

i found one.

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/d/vw-73-bay-window-bus-wild/6496285415.html
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:53 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Alright Cousin ...

Just in the case this one has not been registered I have send message to the seller requesting infomation.

The body is clean and rust free (s-he is a 9.6 in my book)

It is just ready to drive. Razz

Someone please explain why there would be a salvage on a nice running and driving vehicle.

Also can the vehicle be inspected and the title be changed to a rebuilt, or regular clear title ? If so, who does the inspection ?

Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:00 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Bill Sullivan wrote:
Alright Cousin ...

Just in the case this one has not been registered I have send message to the seller requesting infomation.

The body is clean and rust free (s-he is a 9.6 in my book)

It is just ready to drive. Razz

Someone please explain why there would be a salvage on a nice running and driving vehicle.

Also can the vehicle be inspected and the title be changed to a rebuilt, or regular clear title ? If so, who does the inspection ?

Every state has a different procedure.

Any car can be made to look good for 12 months, cheap.
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

https://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/ctd/d/1973-volkswagen-bus-special/6516644532.html
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
KentPS wrote:

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Sure would like to see it go across the Barrett Jackson Stage .

67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

I wonder whose it is... it has a club tag on it.
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
KentPS wrote:

mukluk wrote:
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

sn 2232 191 193 Qwner Harris had it for sale in Oct 2017 Imperial, California.

Guess my permanent ink isn't so permanent .

Looks to be owned by Desert Classics Now.

As mentioned previously, I'm updating the registry weekly and will post a copy on the first of every month. Please look at the last posted registry on page 124 and please send any needed corrections. Will begin posting monthly on April ! .

Some Wild Westerners born in April and some in May so the 45 th Birthday will be here soon.

Birthday Challenge ...

Hottest Chick photo with your Wild Westerner (real not cropped or edited)
Likewise for lady owners, Male Pics.

Please submit on or before May 31.

Prize to be awarded a $25.00 Gift Certificate to a restaurant of your liking .

jtauxe Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Bill Sullivan wrote:
Assignment :

Do we have anyone in the vicinity of the gold mine Continental yard somewhere in New Mexico that would physically go there and look at all 73 to 79 bus inventory for the 736 paint code on the m code plate ? If so we need the serial numbers and to please notify the owners of our existence. In addition try and find out who owns the Wild Westerner shown last week on the transport trailer with two other vw buses. Also name and address of the restoration company they were headed to we think in California.

Sullivan

Easier said than done. The owner has retired to Texas, so access to the yard would have to be arranged to be during one of his rare visits back to Alamogordo. I have talked to him extensively, and he is interested in selling whole vehicles, and it's not just buses.

I took a bunch of photographs from the fence surrounding the yard. Now I need to go back to those and the satellite photos to search for WWs...

I take trips to Las Cruces on occasion, but even on those, a detour to Alamogordo is several hours, adding most of a day to the trip.
1969 Transporter, 1971 Westfalia, 1976, 1977, 1976, 1977, 1971, 1973, 1977 Westfalias,
1979 Champagne Sunroof, 1974 Westfalia Automatic, 1979 Transporter, 1972 Sportsmobile, 1973 Transporter Wild Westerner, 1974 Westfalia parts bus
, 1975 Mexican single cab *FOR SALE*, 1978 Irish 4-door double cab RHD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Ok well, do you have any idea how many transporters he has? I guess when I get out that way I can camp out for a while there.

Anyone that can provide satellite pics would be helpful.

Thanks for the effort and keep his number, i may need it later this year.

Mober
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:08 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Hey guys I am new to this forum and stumbled across this feed. My wifes uncle passed away recently and we inherited this 1973 "adventure bus" in Wild Westerner colors. It's at my inlaws place about two hours from me, but the bus is in great condition waiting for me to pick it up. It has only one owner and knowing her uncle it probably still has the window sticker still in the glove box (cross your fingers).

Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:55 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Wow...A Jewell....One Owner and no rust,

Yes Sir , you better grab that one.

When possible post a picture of the M Code located behind the driver seat on the short metal wall .

Then send me a your name and address by text or pm and I will forward free of charge certification decals.

You are one lucky man !

Looks like of the approximately 70 confirmed there are 19 Wild Westerners in California. You guys should have an annual Birthday Celebration / Gathering .

Bill
843=240=3981

vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Nice! I bet that paint cleans up beautifully.

And I bet that thing gets great reception!

Just curious how you find this thread?

President, Wild Westerner Club

1978 Champagne Edition Westy, repowered to '97 Jetta TDI
1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:02 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Mober wrote:
Hey guys I am new to this forum and stumbled across this feed. My wifes uncle passed away recently and we inherited this 1973 "adventure bus" in Wild Westerner colors. It's at my inlaws place about two hours from me, but the bus is in great condition waiting for me to pick it up. It has only one owner and knowing her uncle it probably still has the window sticker still in the glove box (cross your fingers).

Welcome Mober!

Don’t touch that key until you understand some things that are quirky about the motor, like getting an oil change can ruin your motor with one bolt.

You have already scored by calling it a Bus, instead of a van, which has spared you the “playing of the bears” ( someone will do this anyway)

Abscate..NYer displaced to Laguna Beach to guide parents on their final journey... Crying or Very sad
Mober
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Bill Sullivan wrote:
Wow...A Jewell....One Owner and no rust,

Yes Sir , you better grab that one.

When possible post a picture of the M Code located behind the driver seat on the short metal wall .

Then send me a your name and address by text or pm and I will forward free of charge certification decals.

You are one lucky man !

Looks like of the approximately 70 confirmed there are 19 Wild Westerners in California. You guys should have an annual Birthday Celebration / Gathering .

Bill
843=240=3981

Thank you! I am really excited about this, and im glad I found this thread because I was contemplating repainting it. But now I will be restoring it back to its original glory and providing this beauty with a spot in the garage.
Mober
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

vwwestyman wrote:
Nice! I bet that paint cleans up beautifully.

And I bet that thing gets great reception!

Just curious how you find this thread?

I think so, just some light oxidation and of course the decal is cracking a bit.

The wife and I have been discussing what color to paint the bus, naturally I went online and googled "VW bus colors" and the first image that came up was the green bus.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 125, 126, 127 ... 167, 168, 169  Next
Jump to:
Page 126 of 169

Jump to: