Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wild Westerner Club
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 129, 130, 131 ... 167, 168, 169  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Collie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

mtcamper wrote:
https://boise.craigslist.org/cto/d/vw-van-camper-van/6525523200.html
Here is one in Twinfalls

Thanks mtcamper! I'm going to try and see if this one is still available....my son might like that auto WW!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:35 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

The countdown for Spokane will begin in 15 days.

Therefore, we need to get into high gear and find the Wild Westerners sold and lost or rusting away. Below is a list of Wild Westerners with serial numbers and last known locations.

2232 204 959 Beaver , Pennsylvania

2232 207 647 Wadesboro, North Carolina

2232 208 985 Haines City, Florida near Tampa

2232 211 455 Spokane, Washington

2232 203 218 Puyallup, Washington

2232 196 809 Miles City, Montanan

2232 185 820 Columbus Ohio

Salt Lake City unknown serial number.

Do we have anyone near these locations and or have family or friends near that would help find these lost souls. If so please contact me for I have additional information on each that would be helpful.

thank you

2002 Snap Orange Turbo Beetle (Daughter)
1973 Wild Westerner (Son) Vin #2232203230... Production Date Monday May 14, 1973 *** Destination Portland, Or.

Card Carrying Member of the International Wild Westerner Club
America (65) - Austria (1) -Canada (1)- Denmark (1) - France (1)- Germany (5) - Mexico (4) - The Netherlands (2) Portugal (1) - United Kingdom (3)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Did anyone keep the contact info on the Wild Westerner for sale in Twin Falls Idaho as reported for sale by mtcamper. I see the ad has expired and i decided to not muddy the water by contacting the seller, however i do need get the info to send decals for it. .

Looks like EV West has electric conversion kits for the type 2 transporters.

Dollar Bill

1973 Wild Westerner (Son) Vin #2232203230... Production Date Monday May 14, 1973 *** Destination Portland, Or.

America (65) - Austria (1) -Canada (1)- Denmark (1) - France (1)- Germany (5) - Mexico (4) - The Netherlands (2) Portugal (1) - United Kingdom (3)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bustedtype2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:08 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Wait I might be lost here! Is their another Wild Westerner VW club now or is this just a different decal?
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

There was another decal that did sit well with some, so we changed it a little.

This is the correct decal for our group.

Bill

bustedtype2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

I have that decal but dose not have the 2232. Is that a new one?
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:57 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

We decided to just make all the numbers look the same by hand writing them all However,, with one exception one wild westerner owner had his numbers printed instead of hand written.

Public Notice.
I am officially on the wagon.
I had an unforgettable scare.
After indulging in a bit too much alcohol I passed out.
When i woke up I was in a strange place and in bed with a fat woman.
As I was making my way to the door i realized i was at my house and that was my wife.

So ends the story.
So ends my marriage.
So ends my drinking.

Blue Angels are in Myrtle Beach SC this weekend so i gotta fly.

bustedtype2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:43 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Have you ever thought about having a little Wild westerner get together ?
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:00 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

We have the big event planned for May 1, 2023 in Spokane that is why there is a push to get people motivated in reviving these critters.

And yes Dave in Kansas wants to do an annual birthday event which would be great however the bulk of the known Wild Westerners are in California (19).

So if you can put together a regional event or maybe find a car show that several Wild Westerners could attend that may be an option.

The more people that become aware of This Special Edition Bus then maybe we can save most of the remaining Wild Westerners that are just rusting away.

Damn the torpedoes full speed ahead.

bustedtype2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Our club puts on a two day camping show called Feed the bug it’s our ninth year and draw about 150 VWs. This year it’s Sept 8th. Just found out our sponsor had a wild westerner sitting in his yard weathering. We also do a three day campout in Jan. That maybe something cool for the westerners.
jtauxe Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Bill Sullivan wrote:
We decided to just make all the numbers look the same by hand writing them all However,, with one exception one wild westerner owner had his numbers printed instead of hand written.

That would be me:

I use a graphic design package called Corel DRAW. I scanned the lovely sticker that Bill sent, brought the image into DRAW, attempted to match the typeface (font size, color, etc.) and superimposed that on the image, and printed it on a sticker. Came out pretty good.

I am in the process of selling this cool 9-seater to a new owner in Grants, NM. I will encourage the new owner to join "the club", here.
1969 Transporter, 1971 Westfalia, 1976, 1977, 1976, 1977, 1971, 1973, 1977 Westfalias,
1979 Champagne Sunroof, 1974 Westfalia Automatic, 1979 Transporter, 1972 Sportsmobile, 1973 Transporter Wild Westerner, 1974 Westfalia parts bus
, 1975 Mexican single cab *FOR SALE*, 1978 Irish 4-door double cab RHD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

sThat's definitely the coolest if anyone wants their numbers printed for a fee I would think jtauxe may accommodate.

All I ask is you inform me so I can keep the registry up to date.

Ya'll stay cool on your stool, almost daily i read abt road rage.

67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Instagram...

'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:34 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Super...Almost totally rust free (Rare))

Due to my low computer skills will some one get a picture of the m code plate and an address therefore I can send certification decals.

Also does anyone know if the Wild Westerner advertised on craigslist Twin Falls that mtcamper reported is sold and or if you have the sellers contact info. I dropped the ball and the ad expired before contacting the seller.

Last edited by Bill Sullivan on Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Collie
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:33 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Here is their website: http://www.aircooledshop.com/Fahrzeuge/

Here is their email: [email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
67ctbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:40 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

I think they are German, I would message for you, but my German is a bit bad, I'm still learning basics.
'63 Ragtop
'73 914
'73 Dodge W200
'72 Dodge Wrecker
Go Cubs!
World Series Champions 2016
KentPS wrote:
...or the PO envied the terrorists' bus in "Back to the Future". Laughing

mukluk wrote:
He's fine, just waiting for the dragon in winklepickers to move out of his lane.
Abscate Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:44 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Quote:
We have the big event planned for May 1, 2023 in Spokane that is why there is a push to get people motivated in reviving these critters

Shinola. I don’t buy unripe bananas.
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:44 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Email sent in English maybe they can translate.

Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Have not received a response from aircooledshop.

Anyway, i took my son's Wild Westerner for a short trip this afternoon and received a call from a guy that saw and has pictures of a Wild Westerner while on vacation in Freeport Bahamas . This was about 20 years ago however, it is most likely still there rusting away in someones yard or at a salvage yard. Does anyone have any friends or relatives that would look around and try and find it?

It would be greatly appreciated.

vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Bill Sullivan wrote:
Have not received a response from aircooledshop.

Anyway, i took my son's Wild Westerner for a short trip this afternoon and received a call from a guy that saw and has pictures of a Wild Westerner while on vacation in Freeport Bahamas . This was about 20 years ago however, it is most likely still there rusting away in someones yard or at a salvage yard. Does anyone have any friends or relatives that would look around and try and find it?

It would be greatly appreciated.

If the Wild Westerner Club would like to gather the funds to purchase the tickets, I will gladly donate my time to go to the Bahamas and search for this bus.

President, Wild Westerner Club

1978 Champagne Edition Westy, repowered to '97 Jetta TDI
1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 129, 130, 131 ... 167, 168, 169  Next
Jump to:
Page 130 of 169

Jump to: