Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wild Westerner Club
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 159, 160, 161 ... 167, 168, 169  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vwluvrs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Bill Sullivan wrote:
Any way of finding out who the owner is or was ?

I have reached out to the seller to see if he has and or is willing to share any information on it.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/905346850408880/
>Click< to see my stuff for sale
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sunnydog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

I solved the mystery, but I'm not gonna tell you directly. It's at the end of this video, listen carefully all the way through!

Link

notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

sunnydog wrote:
I solved the mystery, but I'm not gonna tell you directly. It's at the end of this video, listen carefully all the way through!

Link
Ahhh, I see what you did there. Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing Laughing

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Clementine79
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Dammit Clementine ... Sweet Very Happy
Please contact the seller and see if we have it registered .

@ Sunnydog at least I know that i am not the only person that drinks heavily.
I wuz 19 in 1974 and i have never heard anything in my life that sounded dumb than that song if that is what you call it.

Please send an autograph copy to notchboy.
I'm just kidding you guys are fine folks.

Can't wait to meet ya in May 2023.

And the band plays on .

2002 Snap Orange Turbo Beetle (Daughter)
1973 Wild Westerner (Son) Vin #2232203230... Production Date Monday May 14, 1973 *** Destination Portland, Or.

Card Carrying Member of the International Wild Westerner Club
America (65) - Austria (1) -Canada (1)- Denmark (1) - France (1)- Germany (5) - Mexico (4) - The Netherlands (2) Portugal (1) - United Kingdom (3)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

sunnydog wrote:

Link

The Spokane NPR station used to play a short bit of this song as buffer music between local news bits.
vwluvrs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

A "semi" correct diecast?

>Click< to see my stuff for sale
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Over the past 4 years I have made multiple attempts to contact the manufacturer.. They have a 73 in their lineup called Field of Dreams., however they respond to my messages.

1973 Wild Westerner (Son) Vin #2232203230... Production Date Monday May 14, 1973 *** Destination Portland, Or.

America (65) - Austria (1) -Canada (1)- Denmark (1) - France (1)- Germany (5) - Mexico (4) - The Netherlands (2) Portugal (1) - United Kingdom (3)
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Listen Up People.
Yesterday I received a call and pictures of a Wild Westerner Turtle Top Camper that has been in storage near Detroit Michigan for 18 years. I was told it was purchased in Utah in the early 2000 s.

Congratulations to MR Jeff B. as being our newest member to the club and representing the Great State of Michigan

Mr President will you please ad the following information to our member lust.

2232 187 546......Michigan, Detroit........Jeff B. (PD16/4(PE)UK(PO)Utah 10-24-21

cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

I spotted a WW in a shed locally last week, but I am 99% certain it is one that is already in here. I will double check that when I get the chance.
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Yes and thanks.
Please check all type 2 buses that look to have been repainted for there are many that people have changed the color on.

Ed Hoffmann
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

This looks like one.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/52829671...8898f9b8a0
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Ed Hoffmann wrote:
This looks like one.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/52829671...8898f9b8a0

Good eye, I sent him a message!

President, Wild Westerner Club

1978 Champagne Edition Westy, repowered to '97 Jetta TDI
1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

For all the Moonies .. Eclipse Tonight
There will be no sleeping tonight for the folks at The full Moon Bus Club.
Bon Fire and Beverages.
Make sure you give a Howl for the late Great Wolfman Jack.
I am sure he would appreciate it.

VWRESTOMODMAN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Hi guys, Been away for a while, plan on catching up on the postings over the next few days. As I had planned to attend the big meet in 2023 I knew I needed to get going on the restoration of my second WW as most of you know I had sold the first one back in May 2019.

So I pulled it out from my bone yard today to start taking it apart over the holidays. Look forward to sharing the resto process as it progresses over the next several months.

Cheers Laughing
Bill Sullivan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

It is a true honor to have you in our club for you take the time, effort and expense of getting these Wild Westerners from a salvage yard and bringing them back to life.
Please share the experience therefore those who think they are junk will understand that these critters are worth the effort.

Happy Holidays To All VW Logo

VWRESTOMODMAN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Thanks Bill, I will certainly be posting photos etc as I move through the restoration process. The one I'll be restoring this go around was the one I purchased from Interstate salvage yard in Lake Elsinore, with the VW Bettle resting on the roof!

So needless to say the first issue I need to address is the roof area and repair all the damage that was done as that Bettle did a number on the roof. I purchased a roof section that I will be using portions of to affect the repairs.

Photo of the pair in the condition they were when I first purchased them. It's been six years and two months almost to the day that I brought this one home and put the cover over it. I've done several other bus projects during those years but I gotta say I'm glad I've decided to pull this one out and get it done. Figure it is going to be about a year in the process, less if I can swing it.
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Do you need registration stickers for that one?

(I still need to get some sent out for another recent find. Sorry for the delay!)

President, Wild Westerner Club

1978 Champagne Edition Westy, repowered to '97 Jetta TDI
1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
VWRESTOMODMAN
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Hi Dave,
Yes I will , but we have a little time for that. I will send you a photo of the VIN plate etc a little later.

Thanks
rustbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: Wild Westerner Club Reply with quote

Who's bus is this?

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 159, 160, 161 ... 167, 168, 169  Next
Jump to:
Page 160 of 169

Jump to: