Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

T3 Paint Colors & Codes: The Comprehensive Guide
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
jb20thae
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: T3 Paint Colors & Codes: The Comprehensive Guide Reply with quote

If looking to repaint the fiberglass bumpers, does one need a flex agent or will a rattlecan from paintscratch.com hold up with proper prep and application?
Crankey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: T3 Paint Colors & Codes: The Comprehensive Guide Reply with quote

Damn I needed this 2 weeks ago.
Oh well...paint is on now. Looks pretty close to me but it's a gm color I think.
Had to go by color scan. Ehh...my thing is about 15 different shades of oxidized tan, small rust repair tan with the right code 5-6 years old and now this very similar gm tan in patches..
Somehow my searching here didn't find this thread..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bobbyblack Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:18 am    Post subject: Re: T3 Paint Colors & Codes: The Comprehensive Guide Reply with quote

Looks to me like LP7Y X9 [flash silver] But hard to tell, I've been fooled by a camera more than once.
skemems
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:23 pm    Post subject: Re: T3 Paint Colors & Codes: The Comprehensive Guide Reply with quote

What color paint code. Exterior is primeras, almost ready for paint.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

kamzcab86
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: T3 Paint Colors & Codes: The Comprehensive Guide Reply with quote

skemems wrote:
Looking to confirm paint code for an 1987 Westfalia - I dont have a sticker under the dash, and there is no "plate" under the driver seat.
Any other way to confirm paint code?

I have narrowed it down one of these two.
Savanna Beige Metallic (LH1V)
Flash Silver Metallic (LP7Y)

Post a photo or two of your van.
2016 Golf GTI S
"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance." - 孔子
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
skemems
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: T3 Paint Colors & Codes: The Comprehensive Guide Reply with quote

Looking to confirm paint code for an 1987 Westfalia - I dont have a sticker under the dash, and there is no "plate" under the driver seat.
Any other way to confirm paint code?

I have narrowed it down one of these two.
Savanna Beige Metallic (LH1V)
Flash Silver Metallic (LP7Y)
bajaleo Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: T3 Paint Colors & Codes: The Comprehensive Guide Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply erste. I'll check both of those tips out.

erste wrote:
bajaleo wrote:
Does anyone know of a rattle can spray paint that comes close to LT1M Tuscan/Toscano Beige?

You can get a spray can from paintscratch.com. Input 1984 VW Van and then add the spray paint to the cart. Sorry, I can't find a way to link to it.

For an off the shelf color, maybe Rust-Oleum Sand? Doesn't look quite yellow enough, but I'm just basing that off LT1M photos online. I have a can of this paint though and the cap color isn't too far off.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
erste
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: T3 Paint Colors & Codes: The Comprehensive Guide Reply with quote

bajaleo wrote:
Does anyone know of a rattle can spray paint that comes close to LT1M Tuscan/Toscano Beige?

You can get a spray can from paintscratch.com. Input 1984 VW Van and then add the spray paint to the cart. Sorry, I can't find a way to link to it.

For an off the shelf color, maybe Rust-Oleum Sand? Doesn't look quite yellow enough, but I'm just basing that off LT1M photos online. I have a can of this paint though and the cap color isn't too far off.
bajaleo Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: T3 Paint Colors & Codes: The Comprehensive Guide Reply with quote

Does anyone know of a rattle can spray paint that comes close to LT1M Tuscan/Toscano Beige? I've tried purchasing this color from two different automotive paint suppliers and they've both told me they don't have it.

Is there a rustoleum or a duplicolor that comes close? I'm trying to paint some screw heads so it doesn't have to be exact.

Thanks, Leo
SyncroGhia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:58 am    Post subject: Re: T3 Paint Colors & Codes: The Comprehensive Guide Reply with quote

Does anyone know the correct paint code for the lower section of the body (and bumpers) for the VW Tristar?

It's a very dark grey, darker than LH7B but I can't find this written anywhere.

Believe it or not, this is the same Tristar Syncro and with the original paint but within direct sunlight.

MG
T3 Tristar Syncro 16 SOLD
T3 Tristar Syncro RHD SOLD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Vanagon Nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: T3 Paint Colors & Codes: The Comprehensive Guide Reply with quote

You're welcome old_man. I've been stymied for search terms before....

I got hits for French, German web sites using "Gelborange". If I recall, your single cab was sold in Germany, imported to Canada? i.e. I wonder if Vanagons with that colour were even sold in [edit] North America?

Neil.

1988 West DIY 50º ABA

VE7TBN
old_man
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: T3 Paint Colors & Codes: The Comprehensive Guide Reply with quote

Thanks Neil. I'm not sure why I was so unsucessful.
Vanagon Nut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: T3 Paint Colors & Codes: The Comprehensive Guide Reply with quote

591, 9220, L591, R200 Gelborange

?

I got web hits for R200 showing a wide variety of model years.

Neil.

1988 West DIY 50º ABA

VE7TBN
old_man
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: T3 Paint Colors & Codes: The Comprehensive Guide Reply with quote

Anyone want to give me a hint as to what R200 is?
vworwhat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: T3 Paint Colors & Codes: The Comprehensive Guide Reply with quote

Does anybody know what the colour code for the interior hardboard panels on commercial vehicles is? Is it the same as for T2 - L275 light beige?
Type3 9/63 1500N M264 panel
mreuter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: T3 Paint Colors & Codes: The Comprehensive Guide Reply with quote

Any recommendation on the paint manufacture to use for our Vanagons?
Some local shops mix it your color but never found a really matching color.
Wonder if anyone has good results with online ordering.
oaklandfunk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: T3 Paint Colors & Codes: The Comprehensive Guide Reply with quote

do you folks know if this is all the same color? is it dove blue metallic or more than one color? Perhaps star blue metallic?

CaravElla
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: T3 Paint Colors & Codes: The Comprehensive Guide Reply with quote

Many thanks to all who have discussed and tried to help.

The result that it does not really make sense to evaluate colors based on images as this might be misleading. I have now obtained the Volkswagen Heritage certificate for my Vanagon. The color of the bumpers is given there as in the listing at the beginning of this thread: Cloud Gray Metallic (LV7N) with Graphite (LH7B). The bumpers have now been painted in this color combination and the result is perfect. I will post pictures as soon as everything is assembled again. That may still take ...

Greetings from Cologne/Germany

Burkhard
luVWagn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: T3 Paint Colors & Codes: The Comprehensive Guide Reply with quote

What this thread probably needs is a selection of pictures for each of the colour-codes? I'm trying to figure out a blue/silver, or stick with my dove blue metallic, but finding hard to get idea on the various colour codes without good pics.
kamzcab86
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: T3 Paint Colors & Codes: The Comprehensive Guide Reply with quote

CaravElla wrote:
Your buses are not GL-Vanagons, so they do not have two-tone bumpers, but have the plain gray of the Westfalia versions.
The European Carat and the Wolfsburg Edition have two-tone bumpers, but have a darker gray than the Vanagon GL. And the American Carat has an even lighter gray-gold.
And what's missing between all that is just the color (the color code) of the Vanagon GL.

1991 Vanagon Carat and MV:

1990 Vanagon Carat (left) and Vanagon GL (right):

Look the same to me... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
2016 Golf GTI S
"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance." - 孔子
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: