Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

IloveMyBay - [email protected] - Alex Lopez
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: IloveMyBay
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: September 03, 2014
SixtySplitty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my experience as of today.

I bought a set of OG Type 3 rear drums from Alex (ILoveMyBay) based on the photos and description in his ad. They arrived after a couple of weeks and they were NOT the same drums in the photo! One drum was original VW, and one was aftermarket.

The ad that I repsonded to is still up, so who knows what's going on?!?

I emailed him and am awaiting a response.

I've never filed a Paypal dispute in a situation like this. What are my chances of getting any type of resolution?!?
emanchester
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I paid for some parts on 9/12 via PayPal and have not received a single email from him. I have sent several emails since 9/12 asking if he received the payment and when the parts might ship. I have not received any response!! I'm about to open a dispute with PayPal and hopefully get my money back. Very frustrating!!!
-Manny-
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
I sent him an email about this issue.
It looks like he just mass renewed some ads so I wouldn't specifically think he reposted your part.
I paid for this part on sep, 08 2013. It just got reposted a few days ago
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1365923

Same luck as the previous buyers. I payed him for a NOS 1966-1967 turn signal switch through paypal. This was on September 8, 2013, has only replied to 2 of about 5 emails since, it takes seconds to send an email with updates. Now a few days shy from a month ago and still NO PARTS. I've been selling on ebay for over 10 years and to this day I have 100% positive feedback. Sellers like this should be banned from The Samba. Now im going to have to start a dispute through paypal when all I want is my part to get my car back on the road!

I wish i had stumbled across this part of the forum before i made my purchase.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will email him.

I pulled that ad since you bought it.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
emanchester
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have started the dispute process through paypal as well.

Hopefully I will my money back.
VintageRust
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just here to add to his/their collection of NEGATIVE feedback....

I bought a lot of several parts that were to be delivered to California and dropped off at a mutual acquaintance where I would pick up later.

1- He had some Bus front wheel tubs listed and specifically asked how the lower section were as the bottoms on mine were rotted. Told him my only concern were the lower areas that meet the floor. Tells me they are fine. I took his pictures and outlined where I needed the cuts so I can tuck it under the folded lip.

I got the pieces and they are cut one inch short of the factory seam that I told him I needed AND the lower areas were rotted away and covered in fiberglass. There is no way he could miss this as he was cutting but still chose to send me the pieces

2- Bought a partial roof clip that was in one piece minus the rear hatch section and the areas above the door. Pictures in the ad show the overhead vent complete and in tact and in one piece. Told him the parts I specifically needed from the roof but will purchase the whole thing

When I picked up the parts the roof was cut in two halves AND he cut the rood support that I told him I needed. And he hacked off the overhead vent and kept it. Was not even usable the way he hacked it off.

I emailed him countless times with no response so after a week I opened a Paypal claim. Instead of responding to my emails he went whining to Everett as if he doesn't have enough on his plate. Paypal decided in my favor but now wanted me to return the parts so I can get a refund after I provide tracking. Tried to explain the situation and they could do anything for me unless I returned the parts.
In the end I was stuck with about $120 worth of rust and junk metal. I let the situation go until I noticed they have opened a second account as "vintagevdubstheshop" and decided to check their current feedback and they continue to screw people over. So here is my two cents in hopes that something can get done.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked in my email records and yes, this was an issue from May, 2013.
What you described is what you sent me in an email.
The person above had only requested a PARTIAL refund, which I believe I agreed was fair.
Just confirming the above...

I believe Paypal may require the return of parts in all(?) cases but am not sure.

For reference, the user vintagevdubstheshop has told me they are not associated with Alex/Bruce/whoever.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
emanchester
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just received a refund from PayPal Smile Next time I purchase from an unfamiliar seller, I will definitely read the feedback first.

Good luck to the others who are still waiting for a resolution.
-Manny-
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
I will email him.

I pulled that ad since you bought it.

Any luck on an email reply Everret?
I'm going to start the paypal claim process today. I've sent one more email and still nothing.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He did not reply to me.

In the past there have been some complaints and he did not reply to me but I found out later money was refunded.

He has very poor communication and is one of the few people on the site with a warning in the beginning of their feedback thread.
-Manny-
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
He did not reply to me.

In the past there have been some complaints and he did not reply to me but I found out later money was refunded.

He has very poor communication and is one of the few people on the site with a warning in the beginning of their feedback thread.

I just saw that. I know next time to check in feedback section for future use. I got comfortable after dealing with other people on here and having good turn outs that I never thought this would happen. You live and learn.

Once again thanks for taking the time Everett,

Manny.
nfkk408
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Guess Ill add my feedback here as well. Been working on this since July 14th... I bought a westy top from him and he said that if I paid $250 that would include shipping. He told me that he had a transporter that would deliver the top and the 4 legs (is that the right term? the things that lift the top and hold it open) to Denver where I could pick it up. I paypaled him on August 5th. On the 9th of August I asked him if he could send me the dimensions of the pop top, he told me that he didn't have it any more because the transporter had already picked it up and should be in Denver on the 11th. No big deal there.
I made plans to meet the transporter down there, I live 50+ miles north of Denver. I headed down to Denver and when I got there I couldn't get a hold of him at all. Nothing. On the 24th of August I get an email saying, "westy top we had to ship grey hound do to lack of trucker.. they will call you when it gets there it was $51 to ship ill send half to for shipping thanks" So at this point I was kinda confused seeing as I thought it was already in the truckers hands and he no longer had it. Fortunately when the top got to Denver Greyhound they were kind enough to forward it north to Greeley and saved me an hour of driving (I live in Fort Collins).

When I got the top on August 30tth it didnt have the legs so I emailed him asking about the legs. Tried to contact him a few more times and finally on Sep 13th he told me,"they were all shipped together and i got some claimed at grey hound sent usps out to you two days ago thanks".
When I got them there was only 3. The same day I get a call from Greyhound telling me there was a mix up and I owe them $51 for shipping, it was shipped cash on delivery. Now Greyhound is on me to pay for shipping when he told me right from the get go that he would sell it to me for $250 shipped. I have been calling him and emailing him ever since with out any luck, Ive left voice mails to no avail. Now Im not really sure what to do. Honestly I wouldn't mind just sending it all back and getting my money back but in the end I think that would just end up costing me even more money and time.

DEFINITELY READ FEEDBACK BEFORE BUYING!!!!!! Im usually good about doing that but I sure dropped the ball here. Should have some sort of red flag by their user name or something. I too "got comfortable after dealing with other people on here and having good turn outs that I never thought this would happen."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
flat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought an item of Alex and when it finally showed up it wasn't as advertised/pictured. Any further communication to Alex via email/samba has not been acknowlwdged. Oh well, leson learned...I would not consider buying from him again.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
66sschevy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: He's slow and I wouldn't buy from him again Reply with quote

I tried to buy his bus kingpin and he never shipped it out so, he refunded me and said don't buy from him again....what nerve!!!! At least we agree with that I will not buy from him agian.
SixtySplitty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE:

Had to file a Paypal claim before he finally refunded my money. Terrible seller, but at least I was able to get my money back.
edgardo67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also one of many person victimized by this Alex or [email protected] or lucas valdes. He victimize me by responding so well during transaction, but after I send my payment, he disappear and never reponded to my emails.
My biggest mistake is I forgot to review the feedbacks. To all fellow VW guys, beware of this person

I gave this guy a partial payment of $70 on Oct. 20 for a ghia clip and he will get the shipping cost and the remaining balance. we did our negotiation thru email, he responded well. But after I gave him my money he never gave me status nor email me back.
I open up a paypal dispute already but he don't response either.
strelnik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everett,
He has not answered any messages regarding the oil bath air cleaner he should have sent me, that was prepaid by Paypal. If you want to contact him and have him refund the money, then I won't call DHS and the ABQ cops and ask them to talk to " Lucas Valdez."

I'd rather not get Samba involved with the Feds, but I'm not made of money and it's on him to do something.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

strelnik wrote:
Everett,
He has not answered any messages regarding the oil bath air cleaner he should have sent me, that was prepaid by Paypal. If you want to contact him and have him refund the money, then I won't call DHS and the ABQ cops and ask them to talk to " Lucas Valdez."

I'd rather not get Samba involved with the Feds, but I'm not made of money and it's on him to do something.

I will email him but he has not been replying to me either but people have reported payments were sent back, often after a Paypal dispute was opened.

My recommendation based on other posts in this thread is to start a Paypal dispute immediately and see if that generates a response or refund.
strelnik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
strelnik wrote:
Everett,

I will email him but he has not been replying to me either but people have reported payments were sent back, often after a Paypal dispute was opened.

My recommendation based on other posts in this thread is to start a Paypal dispute immediately and see if that generates a response or refund.

Today I got home and found a box on my porch with the air cleaner housing!

The housing is exactly as advertised, but no communication from the seller has made this hard and leaves a lot of uncertainty.

Are we dealing with someone who maybe does not speak any EnglisH?

Hopefully the seller(s) understand(s) that a little communication would probably increase their reputation and prevent bad feelings.
Trent
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paypal'd for my NOS front apron on Oct. 25, received it yesterday... I feel that's decent service, no complaints here.

Some buyers need "blow by blow" emails, that may be part of the problem...(?)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: