Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

IloveMyBay - [email protected] - Alex Lopez
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: IloveMyBay
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: September 03, 2014
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trent Bliven wrote:
Some buyers need "blow by blow" emails, that may be part of the problem...(?)

I agree but not in this case due to the # of complaints.
The primary complaint is ZERO communication after payment is made.
This is bad business.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
1962 ragtop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: T handle bug 58-64 Reply with quote

So I wanted to order a T Handle from Alex but his ad was for a non locking one and I wanted locking. Asked if he had one with a lock and he said sure. So it arrived today (very fast shipping) and it even had a key! He found one with a key and sent that one to me unasked, no extra charge, how awesome is that! I also bought an ashtray from him too, inside the tray were all the original screws/bolts etc for mounting it! Great experience, thank you very much!!
1962 ragtop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Outside door handles Reply with quote

After the T-handle transaction I asked Alex if he had a set of outside door handles (one locking, one not) for my 62 bug. Not only did he come up with a nice pair of handles, he found a set with a key! Good price and shipped fast, just like the first time, thanks!!
cbaucom1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered a fuel gauge from Alex and am very happy with it. Would buy from him again.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
prodaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a pair of cargo doors from him . I got them in about ten days shipped through greyhound. Boxed and packaged good.
emanchester
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like he may have changed the way he conducts business.

Good for him.

Eric
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Beware of Seller.. Reply with quote

Wish I would have read feedback before buying. Good communication PRIOR to buying. All these feedbacks are true. Excuses and lack of response.. Placed a pay pal dispute and then he finally replied. He stated he was going to refund when he was near a computer. Funny thing is , he was emailing me with his computer.. Thank god for pay pal!. Buyers beware!.
themacnut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex was great to deal with. Good communication, timely shipping, part arrived as promised. Thanks Alex!
convertible70
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well , sometimes the guy with the worst feedback is the guy with the part you need ... so I took a chance and paid for a Bug vent wing on January 3rd .

I can`t complain at all about the service . The part was in the UK by January 9th . Super fast shipping , I doubt it would have been quicker if I bought it in my own country .
The part was cheap and I was surprised how good it was .

I will definitely buy again if these guys have a part I need .
Ian
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex emailed me about some 944 brakes I had that he needed. We agreed on a trade, since I wanted a straight axle kit. Alex paid for shipping on the 944 brakes and shipped me a straight axle kit (without springplates since I had those already). I originally asked for just tubes and end caps, but he sent me a complete kit, pretty cool!

I would definitely deal with these guys again!!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
409scott
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:10 am    Post subject: Rear seat strap Reply with quote

Thanks Alex for the fast shipping and great quality of your product. Peace, Scott
dvance
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex, Thank you for the parts. Excactly as described and photographed.
Good packaging and timely delivery. I've read the feedback...would do business with again.
Thank you.
RENOWIL
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:58 am    Post subject: Customer Service Sucks Reply with quote

I purchased two Ivory window cranks from Alex on 2/10....received one grey crank from him on 2/12, It took until 2/14 for me to get his return address so I could send the crank back for a refund of my payment. I delivered the crank to my local post office on 2/14 as "refused" delivery so the tracking number was reactivated and shows he received the crank on 2/18. here it is 2/23 and he still has yet to refund me my payment. Sure $8.75 may not seem like a lot but good customer Service is "priceless".....and being out of work for the past 8 months has really limited my purchases greatly. If it were not for my own Samba sales, I would have been broke a long time ago.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mason
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I had read this before I ordered from him. I ordered a T3 front fender from him on feb 2nd and got the generic thanks for your order email on the 5th. I emailed him on the 11th asking for an update on when to expect it at the greyhound station. He replied on the 13th saying the bus station near him was closed and he will update me with a GLI humber once shipped. Haven't heard anything since after I paid him $100. I give people the benefit of doubt but some information would sure be nice. If your on the road tell me I'll understand don't say the greyhound station has been closed im pretty sure they are 24/7 at least around here. I'll give him some time because I need the fender but hopefully everything works out. Will update as needed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
left_coast*9
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered a 65 beetle turn sig assembly, shipped same or next day, tracking number sent, part arrived in nice condition, well packed, his email responses were prompt, couldn't be happier! Fair price and free shipping!

Would go to him again in a heartbeat!
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=472827&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Mason
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my fender yesterday everything was ok. I would recommend if you don't need a part for over a month. Like everyone said communication is iffy but it got here so I'm ok with it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
chaz069
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:47 pm    Post subject: Waiting on aTaillite lens Reply with quote

Found the ad and emailed the seller. Two weeks go by no response. 2nd Email . An apology ( my emails were identified as spam mail and trashed). He ( Alex offered free shiping thru paypal if I was still interested). Unable to contact Alex thru E mail (no responses , several attempts). Read his warning about timely delivery and Paypal Disputes. I ordered the tail lite thru Paypal with shipping on 3-1-14. Email on 3-7-14 Shipping date? " He was busy and would ship within a few days. On 3-16-14 sent an email( Ship it or refund the total amount. Still waiting. I will post the outcome. Just finished reading 7 pages of similiar accounts by other Samba members. Chaz069
prodaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a spare tire well from him . No problems. Everything went well.
chaz069
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Waiting on aTaillite lens Reply with quote

chaz069 wrote:
Found the ad and emailed the seller. Two weeks go by no response. 2nd Email . An apology ( my emails were identified as spam mail and trashed). He ( Alex offered free shiping thru paypal if I was still interested). Unable to contact Alex thru E mail (no responses , several attempts). Read his warning about timely delivery and Paypal Disputes. I ordered the tail lite thru Paypal with shipping on 3-1-14. Email on 3-7-14 Shipping date? " He was busy and would ship within a few days. On 3-16-14 sent an email( Ship it or refund the total amount. Still waiting. I will post the outcome. Just finished reading 7 pages of similiar accounts by other Samba members. Chaz069
As of 3-27-14 still no response to emails from me. Contacted paypal on 3-25-14 They are also waiting for a response. Maybe he's hoping for 45 day limit on disputes. This ad is a scam. Internet fraud is a crime. To wit: Accepting money under false pretenses. It has been six weeks since the first contact. If this is bad feedback so be it. Had I received my bought and paid for part there would be no unfavorable remarks toward this seller. " Quote Alex, A couple of days". in my book a couple is two. Still waiting , Paypal dispute filed. I also will be contacting the credit card companies that he now accepts. He should be banned for scamming. Chaz069
plight01
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:26 am    Post subject: Customer service Reply with quote

Alex, thank you for the oil bath air cleaner it's just as described. I would have appreciated at least an acknowledgement that you had received my order. other than the lack of communication this was a good transaction.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: