Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

SaveAllGhias - [email protected]
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: SaveAllGhias
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: March 27, 2024
djway3474
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: SaveAllGhias - [email protected] Reply with quote

I made a deal for 3 items, package shelf trim, headliner bough (rod) and early ghia headlight mount chrome section.
I received the first package which was two long boxes poorly taped together. Package trim all bent up and no head liner part or headlight. Sent note to seller and he says he "forgot" the headliner part and the ring was in another packgage. I requested a refund on the bent part and asked for the rod. Reply, he was checking with post office. Several days later I received the ring, in an envelope. Amazingly it survived undamaged but when I showed it to other VW guys than know more than I they said it was a later item and not what he had told me it was. Still no headliner part.
I wrote several more notes and received no reply until I said I would make a Paypal claim. Finally got a response and he said I could return the items I did receive but I had to eat the shipping both coming and going. The shipping to return is almost as much as he is willing to refund. He wants me to be out $24 because he cant package things well, misrepresents what a part is, and Forgets to send parts.
I replied he must pay shipping or I will file. No reply. He also tried to say it was my fault for signing for the package, no signature was required. He said I should not have opened the package, How else do you see the parts unless you open it????
While talking about the above parts he was also trying to convince me the motor compartment sheetmetal in the early ghia were the same dimensions as the later ghias. Luckily Loren warned me that this was not true so I did not do that part of the deal but I had already paid for the above parts. I also found two ghias and took measurements and they are not the same, I knew the markings were different but when I directly asked about size the seller assured me they were the same and it would fit fine. Thanks Loren Smile for the warning.
I have saved all emails.
So he packages poorly, does not even send some items and misrepresent what parts are.
I understand things happen but when the seller is unwilling to take care of the problem then you have to question motivation. And oh yes he resorted to insults. His name is Steve
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
djway3474
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE
Paypal refunded my money. I am out return postage though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ejghia56
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:17 am    Post subject: Ghia moldings, Great transaction! Reply with quote

I ordered Ghia moldings from Steve, packaged well and shipped very quick. Arrived in great shape, looked better than expected, and also entire purchase was a good deal. Good communication during and after purchase. Thank you Steve
ejghia56
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Ghia front bumper parts Reply with quote

Ordered blades from Steve, everything arrived in good order and in condition described and very reasonable. Thanks,
HouseofGhia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

another great transaction, Thanks!!
1962 ragtop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Ghia/Bug interior door handles Reply with quote

Handles arrived well packed and in great shape, very happy with them!
sauceman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve sent me a package all the way to the UK, and it turned up quick and secure and damage free. Blame it in the postage guys dude. Have you seen how they handle things. Very rough.
scottkrough
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow what a great seller... Steve is great to work with has some excellent parts and is a true asset to the Ghia community...

A+ Seller

Must say that the parts I received were in excellent shape...
Thanks again Steve

Check out our 63' Ghia Build
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=519643
sellinmyG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just received a dome light from Steve. Not only a great item for the price, but the care taken for shipping a simple piece of plastic was far beyond my expectations.

Great seller! Thanks again. Cool
larryho
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very impressed with the responsive communication we had. Shipment done quickly and the part arrived safely as scheduled.
Glad to have this deal and get to know Steve. I am sure we will have more deals. Wink

larry
Thin Metal
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:19 pm    Post subject: Bus Speedometer Reply with quote

Wow, Perfect speedometer and packaged well. Shipped fasttoo. Highly recommend.
Woreign
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered a rear window defrost vent trim from Steve. It arrived quickly and in good condition, and at a great price!
team bogus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to report a flawless transaction with Steve.
I received great communication from him, and the shipping time was very quick. As well as the item being very well packaged. He's a right on guy.

Thanks very much.
Cheers!
shayel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:05 pm    Post subject: new BOSCH alternator with electrical defect Reply with quote

Hi to all
i advice you to think before buy from Steve Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
before i got the item from Steve i review his feedback thinking that there is nothink that could go wrong, but probably there is a 1st time for every thing preaty bad that i was the victime Sad
i will make the story short
Steve post a NEW BOSCH atlernator in a box, after i got the alternator i put it a side since i needed to buy the other parts for the conversion, and the time to do it.
when i got the time to do the conversion, i did all the work only to find that after the wiring assembly there is a problem with the alt, already before the engine start the "G" light were on at the speedo, starting the engine confirmd that there is no charging, i went to a repair shop and found that the alternator had an electrical damage, the diode bridge was broken, means that this alternator was under a revers current that cause the damage.
i send Steve a specific mail with the issue and pictures explaining to him that he send me a defected alternator under a faulse post of " A new BOSCH alternator in a box"
i also told him that i dont blame him since there is a chance that he could got it from someone ealse and didnt knew his condition, i asked him for any replay or compensation since the repair of the alt cost me 75$.
but he ignored my mails .
and so far nothing.
my advice Don't deal with this guy Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
LeninCas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: SaveAllGhias - [email protected] Reply with quote

I paid for a pulley from Steve a week ago. He was very quick to answer my emails (less than 10 minutes) up until I sent the payment. I haven't heard from him since. Is this typical of this seller?

I'm sure he's busy but it shouldn't take more than 2 minutes to answer an email and say yes it's been shipped or no, it will be shipped in _ days.
oparra
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: SaveAllGhias - [email protected] Reply with quote

Bought a set of pans from Steve today, got a great deal and items where as discribed. Very Happy
joefriday
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: SaveAllGhias - [email protected] Reply with quote

I bought some parts from Steve. They were a fair price, in nice shape, and packaged well. I would do business with him anytime.
Bill Dykes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: SaveAllGhias - [email protected] Reply with quote

Bought some jack points from Steve. Great shape,great price,fast shipping. Thanks Steve. Bill.
Jeff Pyzyk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: SaveAllGhias - [email protected] Reply with quote

I purchased some Karmann Ghia mats from Steve. He described them as "perfect". They are completely unusable. Two of the mats had obvious cracks prior to being shipped. Beyond discoloration, which I expected, they are so dried out and brittle that one broke during shipment. This was a complete waste of $150 (for three mats)!

I would be very careful buying anything from this guy. Pictures were hard to discern, so I asked additional questions. The description was less than honest. His response to my complaint after receiving them was "those things are always fragile..."
Bill Dykes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: SaveAllGhias - [email protected] Reply with quote

I bought a early bug front hood latch from Steve. Came quickly and a good deal. Thanks Steve. Bill.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: