Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

metalock dtm kit sem- ML010 Opoxy Primer Questions Urgent
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spitty1974
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: metalock dtm kit sem- ML010 Opoxy Primer Questions Urgent Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a opportunity to get my bus media blasted.

I was advised to use the following metalock dtm kit sem- ML010 for an epoxy primer from someone much more knowledgeable than me.

My questions are:

If I use the metalock dtm sem-MLO10 will that be ok to top coat with different paints?

Can different types of paint be used to top coat over the metalock?

I will get my bus painted by a pro, but was going to get it blasted and then epoxy primered, so I can do the small amount of rust repair.

Thank you for the responses and advice. I do not know anything about paint applications and don't want to do it if it will cause me headaches down the road.
Spitty1974
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have any idea about my post above?
Thanks,
Spitty
luckystiff
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

never used it but if you can get it in your area i've found southern polyurethanes epoxy to be one of the best on the market. has a amazing bite and the corrosion resistance is far above most out there. geat product at a good price. i've topcoated it with many different products with nothing but great results....ken...
Spitty1974
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luckystiff wrote:
never used it but if you can get it in your area i've found southern polyurethanes epoxy to be one of the best on the market. has a amazing bite and the corrosion resistance is far above most out there. geat product at a good price. i've topcoated it with many different products with nothing but great results....ken...

Hi Ken,
Thank you for the information. There is a link below for the SEM product I was suggested to use by someone. Can you take a look at it and tell me what you think? I actually would need to ship it to the media blasters who would spray the epoxy on after the blasting was completed. They are in Southern California and my bus is down there right now.

http://www.repaintsupply.com/pd-sem-ml010-metalock-dtm-primer-kit.cfm

Thanks,
Spitty
bubblehead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Says high build on the can. On a freshly blasted car I would go with epoxy primer/sealer and move to highbuild after body work is done. Also, if someone else is going to paint, go with their recommendation as they'll be unlikely to warranty their work otherwise.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: