Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Oil pressure wire - where does it connect?? (SOLVED)
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
VanAllen_84
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:21 pm    Post subject: Oil pressure wire - where does it connect?? (SOLVED) Reply with quote

Hey Volks...

I have recently done some work on my '84 1.9L Westy.
Replaced the intake hoses, water pump, thermostat, coolant temp. sensor, coolant level sensor, etc.

While I was disassembling the intake, I disconnected the wire for the oil pressure sensor. Unfortunately, I do not remember where the heck I unplugged it from. I tried checking the Bentley, but I'm not good at reading wiring diagrams and was not able to find it.
Can anyone tell me where I need to connect it?
It's the brown wire with the white plug in the pic.

I originally thought it connected to the red wire with the white plug, but realized that is the A/C compressor wire that was removed.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Last edited by VanAllen_84 on Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
VanAllen_84
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Oil pressure wire - where does it connect?? Reply with quote

Thank goodness that I finally have found where the wire goes thanks to Ahwahnee at following post, which took me a while to find: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=518800

Turns out that my pressure sensor wire should've been plugged into one end of the yellow connector that is pictured in the lower-left corner, while the other end into the A/C compressor wire.
Brick wall

Hopefully this info helps others in the future!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: