Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

My 1957 PGSG swivelseat sunroof microbus...
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
volkswouter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:05 am    Post subject: Re: My 1957 PGSG swivelseat sunroof microbus... Reply with quote

Found a pair of these grilles on EBay and took the change if they'll fit.
The fit the Hella's perfectly! The grilles need some modification to fit the rear corners before the bus goes to paint.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
D-train
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:36 am    Post subject: Re: My 1957 PGSG swivelseat sunroof microbus... Reply with quote

They look trick. What are they from?
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:35 am    Post subject: Re: My 1957 PGSG swivelseat sunroof microbus... Reply with quote

D-train wrote:
They look trick. What are they from?
356A horn grills
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
John Ghia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: My 1957 PGSG swivelseat sunroof microbus... Reply with quote

Let’s see how they look vertical.
volkswouter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:08 am    Post subject: Re: My 1957 PGSG swivelseat sunroof microbus... Reply with quote

I like them more horizontally.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwuberalles
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: My 1957 PGSG swivelseat sunroof microbus... Reply with quote

Those are cool! I vote horizontal too
1973 Superbeetle: 1st car, owned since age 12. Update thread --> https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9919140#9919140
1967 Kombi: Owned since age 17, Dad's retirement project.
1966 Beetle: My new project. (SOLD) Build thread--> https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=678040
aa390392
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: My 1957 PGSG swivelseat sunroof microbus... Reply with quote

Id do without...to glitzy

55 ragtop
56 delux sedan
56 Kabriolet
zimblewinder
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: My 1957 PGSG swivelseat sunroof microbus... Reply with quote

problem is I immediately see/think they belong on something else and that just spoils it. If it was a custom piece it wouldn't so quickly call another vehicle to mind.

PG also looks so good on a curvy corner all buffed out Id find it hard to go past that.
volkswouter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:34 pm    Post subject: Re: My 1957 PGSG swivelseat sunroof microbus... Reply with quote

Back with some action!

I got myself a much better engine lid. The PGSG one is totally busted on the inside. I saved it and last week i donated it to another PGSG bus here in the NL.
The owner used paintstripper and found out that his lid was a painted Dove blue one.
D-train
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:24 am    Post subject: Re: My 1957 PGSG swivelseat sunroof microbus... Reply with quote

Wouter, funny u say it was db. I’ve seen parts that havnt been taken off that are db painted pgsg.
volkswouter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: My 1957 PGSG swivelseat sunroof microbus... Reply with quote

The outer belly pans will be welded. The middle section can be screwed loose and is bolted.
The middle plate is reinforced with L shaped steel.

volkswouter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:49 am    Post subject: Re: My 1957 PGSG swivelseat sunroof microbus... Reply with quote

The bus got a new side panel and the rear corner is dent free Very Happy
Two Glove Boxes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: My 1957 PGSG swivelseat sunroof microbus... Reply with quote

Great work looks good!

1960 Dove Blue Double Cab Patina Build

Two Glove Boxes

DLK
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
volkswouter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:29 am    Post subject: Re: My 1957 PGSG swivelseat sunroof microbus... Reply with quote

Marc van der Most also built me a Bekowa style roof rack for a sunroof bus.
These racks are a little bit higher than the normal ones and have an extra bow.

Picked the rack up with my small little Audi and immediately dropped it off at the powder coaters place.

LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:24 am    Post subject: Re: My 1957 PGSG swivelseat sunroof microbus... Reply with quote

I know nothing about belly pan buses. Can you confirm how the factory installed them? Outer pans get welded in and center are bolted in to access the brake lines and heater liner? Am I correct and or anything else I left out? Please school me.
www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: My 1957 PGSG swivelseat sunroof microbus... Reply with quote

Nice rack. Did he make the clamps too?
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
volkswouter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:23 am    Post subject: Re: My 1957 PGSG swivelseat sunroof microbus... Reply with quote

LAGrunthaner wrote:
I know nothing about belly pan buses. Can you confirm how the factory installed them? Outer pans get welded in and center are bolted in to access the brake lines and heater liner? Am I correct and or anything else I left out? Please school me.

No on the Split buses all the pans are welded. On the later Transporter T2A VW started to make the middle section a bolt on.

EverettB wrote:
Nice rack. Did he make the clamps too?

Yes, he makes them in-house.
volkswouter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:38 am    Post subject: Re: My 1957 PGSG swivelseat sunroof microbus... Reply with quote

Slowly getting where i want to be! Cleaned up a lot of welts, looked at some gaps and seams and am almost ready for the sandblaster.

volkswouter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:21 am    Post subject: Re: My 1957 PGSG swivelseat sunroof microbus... Reply with quote

All the parts are being sandblasted and coated with epoxy primer.
The bus will be done by next week.

volkswouter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:36 am    Post subject: Re: My 1957 PGSG swivelseat sunroof microbus... Reply with quote

The bus is completely blasted and sprayed with epoxy primer.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Jump to:
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: