Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Pricing parts
Forum Index -> General/Chat Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
gitchesum
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Pricing parts Reply with quote

I'm not sure if this is the place for this or not...I'll let Everett decide.
I, sometimes have a difficult time pricing certain things on the Samba...and elsewhere for that matter. I'll do a search first at 4-5 places and see if anything eise is available that fits the description, then try to reach a reasonable price to sell it....I am trying to sell...I don't go fishin' just to see if it'll move.
How do you guys come to a reasonable price ? I do feel that the Samba is a brotherhood of sorts and it's great to move parts to somebody that can use them....or maybe resell too.
So....if I price something on this site that's just crazy...can you give me a kick in the ass...kinda like my S.O. does when I F.U.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

57 SC
61 rag w/356B brakes
61 356B
Honda XLR 250, 69 Z50, Yamaha 100 Enduro...and others.
GMC SLT 4x4 Dmax
Kubota L3710, not enuf attachments.
And various VW's that come and go...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ace
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tells ya what. If the price is outrageous, none of us will try to buy it from you. Fair enough?

Laughing
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I don't know a value:
I usually look at other ads on the site and then undercut them a little since their stuff hasn't sold.

Sometimes I say that in the ad - "I priced this cheaper than every other ad on here". Smile
Sometimes that helps (I think), sometimes not.

If something doesn't sell, I typically drop the price when I renew the ad in 1-2 months
(Yeah, I'm lazy about renewing ads).
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
theKbStockpiler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: I think the attraction of a the vw hobby is affordability Reply with quote

Motivated buyers and Motivated sellers.

If whatever does not sell in two weeks the price is too high or it is not a part that wears out and hence is not sought after as much. VW parts/cars were inexpensive to begin with so unless it is rare it should sell for about the same price as a domestic product in my opinion. Supply and demand for the average buyer is a good concept. I would like a set of 914 2.0 heads but I have pretty much accepted that I will never own a pair. I'm the average vw enthusiast so a above average one is purchasing the 2.0 heads.

You can always take offers. Lots of times I think prices depend on if the owner wants a quick sale or not. If you get a lot of responses , the part is priced too low. no interest it is priced too high. Edit: It also depends on how much the part/car cost the seller. If they soaked themselves on it when they purchased it, they expect to recoupe this when they sell.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> General/Chat All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: