Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Site issues or questions | CloudFlare messages
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Site Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Site issues or questions | CloudFlare messages Reply with quote

peecee69 wrote:
What's up with the pop up ads that have started showing up since the site problems happened earlier this week?

Thanks for the heads up.

I saw that today too and one member also reported it.

It was my Google Ads doing an "experiment" to see if those sorts of ads were more effective on the site.
I did not authorize that "experiment" to run so I have disabled it.

Did you see it more than just today?
When I looked it said it started as of April 1st.
April Fools from Google I guess! Rolling Eyes
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
peecee69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:13 am    Post subject: Re: Site issues or questions | CloudFlare messages Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
peecee69 wrote:
What's up with the pop up ads that have started showing up since the site problems happened earlier this week?

Thanks for the heads up.

I saw that today too and one member also reported it.

It was my Google Ads doing an "experiment" to see if those sorts of ads were more effective on the site.
I did not authorize that "experiment" to run so I have disabled it.

Did you see it more than just today?
When I looked it said it started as of April 1st.
April Fools from Google I guess! Rolling Eyes

😆 I started seeing them March 31, but I figured it was something that was changing to generate more ad revenue for the samba.

Speaking of that, is it beneficial to click on the banner ads? I’d click on some every day if that helps with revenue.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
peecee69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:02 am    Post subject: Re: Site issues or questions | CloudFlare messages Reply with quote

Still happening. Not really that bad, especially if you get more income from it.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Patiently Impatient
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:37 am    Post subject: Re: Site issues or questions | CloudFlare messages Reply with quote

peecee69 wrote:
Still happening. Not really that bad, especially if you get more income from it.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Happened to me about half a dozen times since yesterday.

With that being said, I'm not complaining. Like Peecee said, if you're getting some benefit out of it, let it rock.

It's one ad, pretty straight forward, with a simple way of closing it. Not the end of the world.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: Site issues or questions | CloudFlare messages Reply with quote

I just saw it again this morning too.

I don't like these sort of pop-ups ads.

It's off now, I had turned off the setting for it to try different things but it had not stopped the current "experiment" from running.

It did say it would produce more income but not willing to annoy users by this sort of ad.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Site issues or questions | CloudFlare messages Reply with quote

Thanks for disabling it. I was started getting annoyed and had meant to post about it to better understand the origin/cause, but then it ceased and so I forgot about them. I'd go to click on a featured classified or something and get blasted in the face with an ad...yuck Wink
I was even wondering if it was just something my phone was doing.
This reminds me, I better get my 50 bucks in and restore my star.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Site All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17
Jump to:
Page 17 of 17

Jump to: