Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Discussion about air-cooled and w-c engines
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
miniman82
Samba Swamp Donkey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see it being an issue on maybe an early TBi system, they were crude electronic carbs at best. But not modern EFI systems, they take more things into account than most people know.

Glenn wrote:
satterley_sr wrote:

I just wanted to bitch but I'm getting no sympathy.

Welcome to the Samba.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
slalombuggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoeD wrote:
Your instructors dont know what they are talking about.
A decade ago it might have made a difference but todays Engine Management systems are quite complex and take almost any senerio into concideration.

My instructor is one of the top AC Delco instructors in North America. He is the head of their online teaching departmenmt and travels across the country teaching. 'I think he MIGHT just MIGHT know WTF he is talking about. He spends more time in a classroom and at tech seminars with manufacturers than all of us put together.

He also owns and works in his shop that specializes in fixing problem cars from other shops and dealerships. That's all they do.

If this wasn't needed on modern cars do you think they would install them, send out tech service bulletins about them and their removal being a bad thing???? And why didn't they have them on vehicles 10 years ago???????It's a simple bimetal coupling, they had the technology 10 years ago??????

I'm done

brad

Last edited by slalombuggy on Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Quokka42
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those that can - do.

Those that can't - teach.

Those who don't have a clue at all - manage.

But I really don't think most of the posts here have much to do with the topic thread.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: