Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

sistah in need of help!!!!
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
thekid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 8:29 am    Post subject: sistah in need of help!!!! Reply with quote

so i'm on my way to work this morning when BAM! the engine is goin' but the tires aint!

i think my cv joint broke.......anyway here's where i need help. now i've got my van parked in a 2 hour spot rackin' up $6 tickets.

i got no dough so i can't get it towed......how easy is the cv joint to replace? if i find one (cheap or free used) could i fix it right there? i got the john muir book on how to keep the VW alive.....so i can probably figure it out.

i have to get this done by tomorrow!!!!!

HELP!
j8
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dunno about the repair, but you posted in the right place.

ouch on those tickets. if you get stuck and can't fix it there, i'd suggest nabbing a friend with a strong rig and a pick up some tow straps. out of sheer superstition i keep some on hand - wish i could lend you a hand but mn to ga is a bit of a stretch.
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Thor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad luck.

If you go to advanced search and type:
cv and joints
and select the late bus forum.

You find a ton of info.

I hope this helps.
j8
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

let us know how everything fell into place!
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
shiningstar76
Samba Brewer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my hardware fell off the joint at an intersection a few months ago....an easy fix. If one of them just came unbolted just get some hardware and check the others. I have to retighten mine every few months for some reason. It may not be as bad as it sounds. if you do have to rebuild them get it towed somehow to your place because cv joints can be frustrating the first time around....you can call me at 336 577 5090 if you need any advice over the phone.....skip
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
flat4freak1978
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you gotten it fixed yet? id help if my bus wasnt under the weather. i still may be able to help you some how.??? im in stone mountain.

let me know if i can help some how. what year is your bus?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: