Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

15" Mefro / Hakka C in Stock Clamshell
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
scottjk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: 15" Mefro / Hakka C in Stock Clamshell Reply with quote

I've been running a set of SA 15" alloys and Hakka C's. I absolutely love the tires for highway use and long road trips. What has always concerned me was having my OEM 14" Continental spare if things went wrong. Not to mention the difficulty of getting another Hakka C on the road if one became unusable.

I ordered a 15" Mefro rim and Hakka C from Van Cafe this week. After following the steps on their website for the clamshell modification I can now put my fully inflated 205/65/15 spare under the van. It fits perfectly and there is enough room for the steering shaft. I am going to fabricate some type of hold down system now that the original spring type bars have been removed.

I used two #8 bolts 3 1/4 long and nylon locking nuts - stainless of course.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: