Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Headlight high/low beam relay, 12 volt from WW
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
GERMANAIRE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:42 am    Post subject: Headlight high/low beam relay, 12 volt from WW Reply with quote

HEADLIGHT HIGH/LOW BEAM RELAY, 12 volt, 1967-1979 Bug, 1967-1979 Bus, part # 111941583 , made by Wolfsburg West is not available anymore which is a bummer.

Is there any other part, way or substitute that could be used inplace of the WW 12v high/low beam relay. I have gone through the threads with no exact answer. Bus is almost ready to hit the streets any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, Peter

Almost forgot! I already have the WW blue 9 pin box but have not been able to find the correct high/low beam relay.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
///Mink
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of these will work fine:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1065319
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
GERMANAIRE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

///Mink wrote:
One of these will work fine:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1065319

Thanks Mink, I guess the wiring would be the same also?
GERMANAIRE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK!, here are some pics of a 6v and a 12v Hi/Low Beam Relay.
The 6v comes with 5 prongs and the 12v with only 4 prongs.
Is the red jumper wire cut off, Taped or capped and everything else plugs in the same. or are some changes made. I am getting ready to install and connect battery and do not want to fry anything.

Thanks for the tech support.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

GERMANAIRE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got a PM, This should work I will try and look up also.

Been a while since I did it, but that was the relay I used in my '66 when I converted it to 12v. The main thing is that the power from the switch (white w/black stripes) goes to 56, low beam (yellow) goes to 56a, high beam (white) goes to F, and the small brown wire from the switch goes to S.

If you look at the '68-'70 Type 3 wiring diagram on this site you will see also how it's wired.

Bus should be rolling in no time!! Cool
sanhozeezee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Headlight high/low beam relay, 12 volt from WW Reply with quote

i know this is an old thread but where can i find a new high beam relay? i did the check where i ground a wire to "S" and i'm not getting any high/low beam toggle.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: