Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

hhmmmm, what do you guys think
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
skidfive
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 9:41 pm    Post subject: hhmmmm, what do you guys think Reply with quote

i was thinking, how would it look being able to shoot flames out of my exhaust (monza, dual exhaust, 4 tips), i think i twould look pretty awsome, expecially at night, what do u guys think
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
skidfive
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know, i started thinking away from looks

that when i fired them up, and since one exhaust port is always open, and my exhaust pipes are 3 inches from the engine, i would blow up my engine

that wouldnt be a good thing, if im wrong, someone tell me
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwaddiction
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no you would not blow up your engine because the air/fuel is being push out by the piston's exhaust stroke when the exhaust valve is open.closing before the cylinder's intake stroke. BUT... you would have to get 4 diffrent set up's. One for each exhaust tip.
TylerDurton
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had a stinger on my bug durrin the summer and if i pulled one spark plug wire off and revved it, i would get flames shooshting out the back
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
skidfive
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaah thankyou for the input, you are right, by the way, how do u think i twill look, i think i tiwll look awsome
LedZoSo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what would look real cool... If you shot flames at a gas station, at night, when know ones awake.
Jessica
Samba Chat Whore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would look stupid...no offense. Guess I am just not into that stuff..
RIP RW

Quote:
MrBreeze: The snorklestang has no history. It was here before time began. Jesus himself drove that to high school
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Vanhag
Samba Mortician

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amen jessica. Stupid Stupid Stupid.... unlesss they were green flames
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VeeDub Joe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

two diff companys make flame thrower kits that are good, 130 bucks comes with extra coil spark plug, plug wire and a relay that shuts off engine spark and sends spark to 2nd coil, then to sparkplug you mount into exhast. no spark to engine = unburnt gas that the sparkplug in exhast lights. they advertize 20 foot flames and even hav propane gas upgrades that claim 50 foot "compatiton" flames. do a google search for flame thrower exhast

and i dont know why anyone wouldnt think shooting 20 foot flames out of a street stinger the next time a civic pulls up and rev at you at a red light isnt cool?!?!?

my kit is on the way, dont hate

(
SouthernYankee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If flame shooters arent cool, I'm the most uncool bastard on the planet!

The 'only' (only basic) way you can rig your own flame shooters is by burning off the unburnt fuel in your exhaust. Go back about 30 years and people used to run a little rich, tap their exhaust, and screw in some spark plugs. Then, run a remote switch to a power source. Bip the switch and supposedly you could get some flame. I think an aftermarket kit would be a lot better.

Nothing would be worse than sitting and farting 6" flames and people saying "Is that supposed to happen?"
Criswell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on the serious side : theres a company called autoloc that has flamethrower kits if thats really what ya want .. the single tip kit is PT# FLAME1 , 2 tip kit is FLAME2 , 2 FLAME2 kits and coils (not included) and yer set ...
now
the non-serious side - me personally, id just dowse the car with gas and light it, that would be waaay cooler Smile
Vanhag
Samba Mortician

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/115031.jpg

Hey ladies this is for your cool pink super.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
64SunDub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shouldn't we be using a real flame thrower on the fat chicks? Mmmmm Bar-B-Que fat chick.... Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
McHuntley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naw, Aged meat is better, How about using the FlameThrower on a older one, say a 64? Evil or Very Mad
64SunDub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that jealousy I smell? Boo hoo! Maybe you're right, all the rubber from the dash pad on your fat chick might cause the meat to taste rancid, but you could use the windshield to scoop up the ashes after it burned to the ground in it's only moment of glory! Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: