Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

John - [email protected]
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: jpwerks
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: April 08, 2024
Westyseeker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: John - [email protected] Reply with quote

Great description and communication. Fast shipping. Item was just as good as new and got to save a few bucks for one of my many other projects.
Thanks again.
88 Wolfsburg Tin top
westyman71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought 2 of the long oil drain plugs from John.

I could not be happier. Solved my problem of the infamous "drip" from my drain plug, as the longer threads sealed it up, as the stock plug did not.

He even included 3 copper washers for each plug for free.

John replied quickly to my inquiry. Shipping was same day as order. Item was at my house 2 days later. Cant beat that with a stick, can ya?

John has got his act together.

Chuck
Independence, KY
sdirghalli
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Excellent seller Reply with quote

Just bought two headrests from John...really easy to deal with and SUPER FAST shipping!

Would happily deal with him again.
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also bought an extended drain plug for my WBX . It just feels better when you tighten it up ,it takes a lot more torgue .
I now need to get one ,for my Westy . I have done business with Paul and his Father before and have always been satisfied .

Stacy
Samba member # 14980
Call anytime number 650 722 4914 .
Keep Your van running and upkept tastefully for the love of the hobby.
Don't let your van end up in an "abortions" thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VANGAUX
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Extended drain plug Reply with quote

Wow! Ordered one drain plug, it shipped the same day and arrived on the opposite coast 2 days afterwards.

Exactly as pictured with 3 washers. Should be an excellent addition to my van.

Great communication, shipping, and product.

Harold
dieseltdi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great transaction. Helped me out of a tight spot with some diesel injector heat shields that I desperately needed but couldn't find locally. Thanks. Hayden
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
fleet_maintenance
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XL Drain plug
Ordered...shipped....arrived two days later.
I'm hoping this cures the drip.

Easy (and inexpensive) transaction. Thanks!
ecopreneur
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dreaded drain plug was stripped and found a solution on a forum about using a longer drain plug to grab more threads. Found John sold them so I called him since my Vanagon was setting in the driveway blocking our other cars and I had already drained the oil. John was very pleasant and said he could send it express so it would arrive quickly which it did. Great solution to the problem. No leak when the oil was added.
java71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:01 am    Post subject: crank front/fan hub Reply with quote

Needed a fan hub for my Type 4 engine build....John had what I needed and shipped it very quickly. I'm very pleased with the part and service!
hrtm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: John - [email protected] Reply with quote

No complaints whatsoever with John or how he does business. As far as delivering product in a timely and accurate manner I have no issue.

However, just a caveat that the longer drain plug solution may not work for everyone. - it worked for me only on 1 oil change. I would recommend finding a way to measure the depth of your engine case before considering the taller drain plug. In my case I actually only ended up engaging maybe 1 or 1 1/2 more threads with the longer plug. It was enough to get about 20nm of torque (Bentley calls for 25nm) but I could tell it was on the verge of slipping again. 'Twas enough to last that particular oil change, but sure enough - next time around the new longer bolt spun off those last threads with less than 10nm of torque. Ended up installing a helicoil and using the stock drain plug again. Again, no complaints w/ John specifically as it was only an $11 gamble and it did deliver at least once, but I'm compelled to caution against a broad-brush reliance on a longer drain plug being THE solution. Take the time to measure your case depth and go with a helicoil or timesert as needed!
kalispell365
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: John - [email protected] Reply with quote

John sold me a header and collector for my Subaru conversion, arrived safe and was exactly as described.

I would do business with him again anytime, THANK YOU!
MDeath
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: John - [email protected] Reply with quote

Great seller, very accommodating. Sold me a timing belt cover, very quickly and great price. Thanks John - hope to do business again!

gomezpal
Mark W. Roush
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: John - [email protected] Reply with quote

I've purchased several items from John in a couple of different batches this year and for all interested I would say WOW how nice! All the parts were in Great shape and some even looked new. I sometimes worry about parts being hurt in shipping but the way John packs them... Don't Worry! Thank you John... I'll be back!
16CVs Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: John - [email protected] Reply with quote

Another great Transaction from John at JP. I purchaed a Syncro muffler bracket and had them cover my Dash Cluster in Leather, a Vein purchase just like my SYNCRO stamped sliding door cover but cool none the less.
Great Communication and great follow through. You can count on these guys to do what they are supposed to.

Stacy
Samba member # 14980
Call anytime number 650 722 4914 .
Keep Your van running and upkept tastefully for the love of the hobby.
Don't let your van end up in an "abortions" thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jlrftype7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: John - [email protected] Reply with quote

I ordered a fuel pump mounting bracket from John. It showed up on time and ‘looks the business’ as my British friends say. Will make a great replacement for the single hose clamp that some PO of my Vanagon used instead of the correct bracket like John sells.
2017 MINI Coopers, our current DDs
‘84 Tin Top - Hilga....Auto
Campinator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: John - [email protected] Reply with quote

Amazing service! John shipped the engine tin I ordered the same day, it arrived a week later (coast to coast). Squeaky clean, looks like new, perfectly packaged! Highly recommend!
Bambus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: John - [email protected] Reply with quote

Another happy customer of jpwerks. Did a Samba search for 1.9 WBX thermostat housing Monday morning, it shipped same day, pulled it out of the mailbox Thursday.

Housing was nicely bead-blasted so very clean, ready to install.

Top recommendation! :clap
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: