Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

"The Toaster" ~ Personal History and restoration
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
DadaCheese
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: "The Toaster" ~ Personal History and restoration Reply with quote

Nor Cal Bus Fest, Sunday, August 18th, 2019
Antioch, CA at the Contra Costa County Fairgrounds

Haven't been posting or perusing TheSamba much lately, but have been enjoying the summer and driving around quite a bit in The Toaster.

Kathy and I went to another one of our favorite Bus-Only meets this past weekend; the Nor-Cal Bus Fest.

Only about 38 miles away for us over in Antioch, CA, this meet invites all years of VW buses, and although Splits and Bays dominate, there's always a few Vanagons and perhaps a Eurovan or two as well.

It's a great and relaxed meet put together by fantastic folks, and it has a great raffle too. This year the biggest prize from the raffle was a certificate for a steering wheel restoration done by Koch's. Would have loved to have won that (but didn't).

At the meet are freshly made breakfast burritos, and later, tacos are available for purchase.

The camaraderie between all the bus owners is great and I love meeting folks and hearing about what they are doing with/how they are enjoying their buses.

Another great thing about this meet is that there is plenty of shade.
I think I overheard that there were about 68 buses this year?
Attendance seemed a bit lower than usual, I hope next year it's up over 100 buses again.
Folks who want to sell/swap parts don't have to pay extra (if I remember correctly) which also makes this a very appealing meet for folks.

Below are a few random photos (starting with "The Toaster") of the meet, but for all the photos I've uploaded (and any that other folks may have uploaded) you can go here:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_search.php?...ts=summary

The Toaster:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Short Bus:

So many excellent splits:

I love Dormobile roofs!

So pristine...

Neighboring friend ("otis_bartleh" from Martinez, CA):

Plenty of shade:

Oh, and I met a bus owner of a Rivera camper, he's trying to find/get exact duplicate of the bus' Formica. If anyone knows any way/place that might have this specific yellow-ish Formica, let me know:

A good friend of ours who lives in near-by Walnut Creek came out to visit with us and brought his cute and smart dog with him.

That's the short of it; it was a great Sunday.

Kathy and I should make it to Bug-O-Rama on Sunday, September 1st, 2019 in Sacramento, CA with both The Toaster and Kathy's '71 Ghia ("Shamrock Shake").
They are always saying that; "this might be the last one..."

It's a huge meet with a great swap-meet area, and of course also has the 1/4-mile drag races too. If you've never been, you should try to make it, and we hope to see you there!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DadaCheese
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: "The Toaster" ~ Personal History and restoration Reply with quote

BUGORAMA #84
Sunday, September 1, 2019
Sacramento Raceway Park
Sacramento, California

Another great event.
Sure, could be nice for a long drive on a three-day Labor Day Weekend, but with BUGORAMA's main show-day being on Sunday, we decided to base the weekend off of that.
Only 84 miles from us over in Sacramento is the Raceway. You can camp there overnight, but we knew it'd be a hot, dusty time if we did, so we drove up Saturday night and stayed at an AirBnB home with air conditioning. Had a great meal and a beer and a half at a brew pub and got up early to be there for the 7:00am gate opening time.

We brought both Kathy's 1971 Karmann Ghia "Shamrock Shake" and "The Toaster".

That early, there is always a line as they get it together to open the gate.

The show? Fantastic!

I have no idea what the actual count of VWs were "showing", it'd be a fair bet to have been well over 300... and then if you add all the VWs that were drag racing, and camping (but not in the "show" area), for sale AND the VWs in the swapmeet area, then... I dunno, maybe 500+ VWs? More?

It was far too hot (checked only once when it was 97 degrees, I think it went above that) to stay in the sun too long, but we had plenty of iced water, shade, sunscreen, big hats, etc. There was also snow-cones for sale at one of the concessions.

The swapmeet was great, as always, as well as the commercially owned booths. Even if you don't have something specific in mind to find, just looking through gobs of used parts is interesting.

Kathy picked up a center-hump drink holder for her Ghia, and I finally decided to get some round closer-to-stock mirrors for "The Toaster".

It's fun to play "what would you drive/take if you were able to" game at large meets like this, but my brain was melting in the heat. Plenty of diversity in the VWs, however...

Got to meet plenty of new folks, Kathy was able to talk Ghia with many other Ghia owners, and enjoyed hanging out with friends that we know too.

The biggest surprise came towards the end of the show with the awards.

We won "Most Original Car" for The Toaster?!?!

...original as in "Stock"; the name is slightly misleading when I mentioned it to a couple friends.

Needless to say, we were surprised, honored, and appreciative.
We like going to meets to, well, to meet people and see all the great things do with their VWs. Although we often "show", it's never with any expectation of winning anything; there's so many VWs out there with far more time, care and work put into them.

As usual, I took a lot of snap-shot photos of many (but far from all) of the autos.
You can find them, and any that other Samba folks have uploaded here:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_search.php?...ts=summary

Also, a local news station was filming bits and pieces for a story about the meet, I made the cut, in my rambling way, somewhere in the middle of this:

Link

I'm not 100% sure what our next VW event is, but we may be able to make it Vacaville, CA on Sunday, September 22nd for the North Bay Air Cooled Car Show/Benefit at Vacaville Volkswagen (there's a listing for it here on TheSamba in the September section: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/shows/).

Hope to see you there!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: "The Toaster" ~ Personal History and restoration Reply with quote

Ha! Cant beat a little air time Cool Congratulations on the win and coverage.

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
DadaCheese
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: "The Toaster" ~ Personal History and restoration Reply with quote

North Bay Air Cooled 2019 Meet
Sunday, September 22nd, 2019
at Vacaville Volkswagen, CA

Busy weekend for "The Toaster"...
On Friday I loaded the bus up with A/V equipment for an All Staff meeting for my work...
Saturday we drove The Toaster to meet up with some of Kathy's co-workers at a winery in Livermore...

...and Sunday, we attended the North Bay Air Cooled 2019 Meet in Vacaville, CA.
It's only 43 miles away for us, so quite close compared to some meets we attend.

This meet benefits the Boys & Girls club between the entrance fee and sale of raffle tickets for donated prizes. One of the main supporters/backers of the event was Skinner Classics (also of Vacaville), and a great many other businesses as well.

It was exceptionally well run, and features the Hot Wheels backdrop.
All the cars, as they entered in the morning, drove up into this, and they took a photo. Those should be on-line in a couple days, and I'll post ours once they are.

We were all very fortunate there was a bit of high clouds most of the day, Vacaville can get pretty hot.

The event drew even more VWs then expected, I think I heard that they had about 160 to 180 entrance packets ready to go, but was actually attended by 220+ VWs.
The greatest majority were air-cooled (at least 90%) but there were also some water-cooled participants as well (a few very new VWs too).

For kids there was a large shaded area of games and coloring and art and such, and a lot of wonderful volunteers from the Boys & Girls club.
Here's one of the three raffles, with volunteers lined up, each bringing a raffle prize up...

There was a live band doing a good variety of classic song covers, a few great food trucks, and of course there was the great camaraderie of the VW owners to enjoy throughout the day.

Naturally there was a great number of split-window buses. I am fairly certain they out-numbered Bays in attendance.

Bugs? You bet.

Plenty of other air-cooled VW were present, but not is as big of numbers as buses and bugs.
I've uploaded around 150 pictures or so that I took at the meet.
You can see those, and any others that folks upload tagged with the event, here:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_search.php...ts=summary

As always with great events like this we had the chance to meet up with VW friends that we see often, and meet many additional folks too.
I love the variety of people that VWs appeal to, and to have the chance to hear folk's stories and passions surrounding them.

The Toaster provided additional shade when we weren't looking at everything, and we offered up cold water to anyone who looked like they could use some.

The Toaster:

We really lucked out with the raffle at the meet; both Kathy and I spend $20 each on tickets and we came away with 5 prizes: A VW themed wallet, a 1950's cooler, a Bugformance t-shirt, a his & her's set of bus-themed baseball caps, and a set of 4 pint glasses with artwork of dogs riding around in their Bay-Window bus among palm trees in California.
We gave three of the prizes away to friends due to the embarrassment of riches, keeping just the caps and glasses. It was great that all these items were donated for the raffle in order to benefit the Boys & Girls club.

The last end-of-the-day surprise for us was Kathy winning 2nd place for "Shamrock Shake" (her 1971 Karmann Ghia) in the Ghia class!

Many thanks to all the great folks who put on this fantastic meet, we had a great time.

What's next?
...can't make it to OCTO in Long Beach in October, but may make it to the SOTO meet near Sacramento on Sunday October 27th.
Hope to see some/all split-window bus Samba folks there if you can make it!

(note the matching baseball caps we won in the raffle)

DadaCheese
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: "The Toaster" ~ Personal History and restoration Reply with quote

"SHE-852 Pt. Reyes Cruise"
Petaluma to Pt. Reyes, California, Sunday Oct. 20th, 2019

Kathy (with her willow green Ghia; "Shamrock Shake") and I made it to this meet-up/cruise, organized by Jason M. in the Bay Area of California (via Facebook).

The name of the cruise is based off of Jason's Bug's licence plate number.

It drew about 40 VWs (primarily air-cooled) from all over the greater Bay Area, meeting ultimately in Petaluma, and then cruising to the Beach at Point Reyes.

It was a great time, stopping at the Marin French Cheese Company (along the way) for folks to get additional picnic items, and then through the lovely winding, hilly roads to get out to the ocean.

Great group of folks attended.

This meet-up had a total of FIVE Ghias at it, which seems rare. Here's four of them (and the Toaster). Lisa M. (one of the Ghia owners) took this photo:

Besides the Toaster, there was only one other split-window bus in attendance this time, and I was really pleased to learn that its owner, like myself, learned to drive in the bus that he continues to drive.

My typical onslaught of photos from this can be found here:

Great time, and perfect weather.

I'm hoping to make it next Sunday (October 27, 2019) to the SOTO Fall Meet 2019 at William Pond Park, Carmichael (not too far from Sacramento, CA) where there will naturally be a lot more split-buses.
We do, however, have plans for the night before, so we'll see if we can get up early enough on Sunday to make it.

Check the "shows" section of TheSamba for details.

If we do, we hope to see as many of you there, if you're able to also make it!
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: "The Toaster" ~ Personal History and restoration Reply with quote

Thats what Im talking about. Very cool get together..... Cool

Quote of the day - I work harder than an ugly stripper. Nice. Laughing

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
DadaCheese
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: "The Toaster" ~ Personal History and restoration Reply with quote

S.O.T.O. Fall meet, Sun. Oct 27th, 2019
American River Parkway - William B. Pond Recreation Area
5700 Arden Way, Carmichael, CA 95608

Another great SOTO meet; might be the last show or gathering "The Toaster" makes it to until the new year.

"The Toaster" at the meet:

California is experiencing a lot of fires right now/this month, and the day of the SOTO meet was an "extreme weather" day with high dry hot winds gusting up to 70mph in some parts of the state.

I knew I'd encounter some winds but yes, "The Toaster" was pushed around quite a bit getting there and coming back.

Kathy stayed at home so that she could go visit a co-worker who is in the hospital in Vallejo.

I crossed the Carquinez Bridge at around 7:00am on Sunday without any problems. Later I got a text from Kathy that she would not be going to Vallejo; a fire had closed down the bridge due to a fire there. She didn't go anywhere near it.

Article: "Drivers describe harrowing moments crossing Carquinez Bridge amid fire"
https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2019-10-2...-80-closed

So; despite out of control fires in various parts of California there was a great turn-out of 60+ buses at the meet.

A slight fall chill in the morning air upon arrival at 8am, so there were a lot of us enjoying hot coffee together.

Great, as always, to talk to all kinds of folks and check out so many bus details from stock to the very-individualized:

This meet is great because it's not commercially motivated, it costs all of $10 ($5 for the park, and $5 for SOTO which helps pay for the reserved area), and it's all about Split Buses and their owners meeting up to relax.

Many of the buses I've had the honor of seeing before and some that I hadn't. Two new-to-me ones that I really enjoyed were this lovely Double Door Sunroof Standard complete with the proper middle-seat (fold-forward edge seat on both sides)

...and this panel, the owner of which was nice enough to be giving free pours of apple and blackberry hard cider:

As always, it was great to catch up with folks I knew, and meet a whole lot more too.

Here's the whole assortment of snap-shot photos I took (and any others uploaded by folks) at the meet so that you can check out the buses:

I may have missed getting a picture of every bus, but I hope it gives everyone who couldn't attend an idea of what was there, and how the meet was.

Instead of an hour and a half to get home, it was a 3-hour journey due to the various fires, road closures and high-winds.
I use the application "Waze" on my phone for real-time traffic and routes.
As I was driving parts of the 5 freeway were closed down near Sacramento, affecting traffic on all the other nearby freeways too. "Waze" re-routed me to the Sacramento Delta (which is a lovely drive, by the way, up on the levees; Kathy and I do that trip often) and then through Antioch to get back to the East Bay.

The following is a terrible picture from my phone on the dash, but here's one of the smoke plumes I went through on the 4 Highway before the pass that brings you down into Concord (the bug splats make it look even worse):

Kathy and I have welcomed four people to stay at our home who are on mandatory evacuation due to the Kincade Fire in Sonoma county. One of them is seven years old, and he already wants a ride in The Toaster.

So; fires in California aside, the SOTO meet was a great one, and I look forward to the next.

Stay safe everyone, make sure you have emergency kits in your home/bus, and help others too when you can.

Last edited by DadaCheese on Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total
ronjonlasvegas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:10 am    Post subject: Re: "The Toaster" ~ Personal History and restoration Reply with quote

[quote="DadaCheese"]S.O.T.O. Fall meet, Sun. Oct 27th, 2019
American River Parkway - William B. Pond Recreation Area
5700 Arden Way, Carmichael, CA 95608

Another great SOTO meet; might be the last show or gathering "The Toaster" makes it to until the new year.

Many of the buses I've had the honor of seeing before and some that I hadn't. Two new-to-me ones that I really enjoyed were this lovely double-door Samba complete with the proper middle-seat (fold-forward edge seat on both sides)

Thanks for posting the photos up. I need to make it to a SOTO meet.

I love the SWR double door standard sunroof bus. What a rare bus. Did you talk to the owner? I would love to see the M code plate for this one and hear the story of how it was found.
DadaCheese
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: "The Toaster" ~ Personal History and restoration Reply with quote

ronjonlasvegas wrote:

I love the SWR double door standard sunroof bus. What a rare bus. Did you talk to the owner? I would love to see the M code plate for this one and hear the story of how it was found.

Ron, regretfully I didn't get the chance to talk to the owner in any depth (to be honest, I was a little confused as to who the owner was, I should have asked. A guy was sitting in the bus and I was expressing my admiration to him, but there was a woman standing nearby who I believe IS the owner, and the guy was jokingly pretending to be when I complimented the bus.
Perhaps she (or the guy), or someone else who knows can chime in and let us all know.

Yes, come on out to some of the SOTO or other meets out this way. Would love to see your double-cab; Deutsche Bunderspost yellow is a favorite color of mine for buses.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: "The Toaster" ~ Personal History and restoration Reply with quote

The 1960 Double Door Sunroof Standard is a Bus that was found and fixed up in AZ by user DSweinhagen

Some more pics under this search:

He sold it a few years ago.
I'm not sure who owns it now.

Super old photo

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DadaCheese
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: "The Toaster" ~ Personal History and restoration Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
The 1960 Double Door Sunroof Standard is a Bus that was found and fixed up in AZ by user . . .

Thanks Everett!
It was a real treat to see it at the meet.
Likely/hopefully it will be at more meets nearby again soon.

ronjonlasvegas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: "The Toaster" ~ Personal History and restoration Reply with quote

DadaCheese wrote:
EverettB wrote:
The 1960 Double Door Sunroof Standard is a Bus that was found and fixed up in AZ by user . . .

Thanks Everett!
It was a real treat to see it at the meet.
Likely/hopefully it will be at more meets nearby again soon.

Thanks for the updated information and the extra pictures. I hope to see tha bus in person one of these days.
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:31 am    Post subject: Re: "The Toaster" ~ Personal History and restoration Reply with quote

Wow great buses and very scary fire, is fire that close to the Bay Area common? Be safe.
www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: "The Toaster" ~ Personal History and restoration Reply with quote

DadaCheese wrote:
ronjonlasvegas wrote:

Ron, regretfully I didn't get the chance to talk to the owner in any depth (to be honest, I was a little confused as to who the owner was, I should have asked. A guy was sitting in the bus and I was expressing my admiration to him, but there was a woman standing nearby who I believe IS the owner, and the guy was jokingly pretending to be when I complimented the bus.
Perhaps she (or the guy), or someone else who knows can chime in and let us all know.

Michelle owns the bus. Richard is her husband, and also an old school bus enthusiast.

That bus is on of the top ten buses in the world. To say it is a monster bus is an understatement. It has three huge special options each of which on their own would qualify it as a monster bus, and the condition is phenomenal as well. I had the pleasure of visiting them and driving the bus last august, and it is even better than it looks in photos, and definitely has found the right home.
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DadaCheese
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: "The Toaster" ~ Personal History and restoration Reply with quote

Lind wrote:
Michelle owns the bus. Richard is her husband, and also an old school bus enthusiast...
...I had the pleasure of visiting them and driving the bus last august, and it is even better than it looks in photos, and definitely has found the right home.

Lind, Thanks for the intel! So great to know that it's in the hands of great folks. I'm only sorry I didn't have the chance to speak to them longer.

LAGrunthaner wrote:
Wow great buses and very scary fire, is fire that close to the Bay Area common? Be safe.

Linda, yeah; it's been a little nuts around here (in California).
To answer your question; NO, fires so close to the Bay Area historically have not been common, with a few exceptions (the great San Francisco earthquake and fire of 1906, and the more recent Oakland Firestorm of 1991 come to mind).

With very, very dry drought years, much of California becomes like a tinderbox nowadays.
Typically in October the "Santa Ana" winds attack southern California, and up here near the Bay Area we have the "Diablo" winds, both of which are fast and hot. Any start of a fire becomes super dangerous in these conditions, spreading both flames and embers quickly and far.

PG&E in the northern part of the state has been turning off power during the winds so that their aging, unsafe power lines don't spark any fires. This means that customers are/have been without power from as little as 1/2 a day up to an entire week.
Naturally this is very difficult for anyone of lesser means since it causes food spoilage, closes down businesses and services and the ability to work, prevents cell phone use (since the cell towers then also do not have power), and anyone with health issues that require electric devices are also left in the lurch. Not to mention heating your home, or food preparation without power...

So far, the intentional power outages have been much wider-spread than the fires.

That's a lot to say that no, typically we have not had fires so close to the Bay Area, but there have been power outages in parts of Berkeley and definitely in the Oakland Hills. So far (this go-round) Kathy and I at our home in Richmond, and our work places (in Richmond and Oakland) have not been affected, but co-employees homes have been without power for days now.
The "Bay Area" its self with the exception of a few smaller fires that were extinguished, there has not been any fires in the larger metropolitan areas of the Bay.

...but to better and nicer thoughts: Volkswagens.

If I had one of these I'd be out there helping against the Kincade Fire in Sonoma County:

Meanwhile, we continue to house people who were evacuated from the Sonoma County area.
DadaCheese
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: "The Toaster" ~ Personal History and restoration Reply with quote

Love it when I get to use The Toaster for work, or, in this case, to help out for Kathy's work.

We picked up photos from the printer and brought them to Kathy's office near Oakland's City Hall.

Also, great that "the black box" (9-pin blinker box) has been reproduced for many years now and that The Toaster's hazards work.

LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: "The Toaster" ~ Personal History and restoration Reply with quote

I wish there was a sticky for rare buses, thanks Lind for the details. Are you saying Richard, Michelle's husband is into typical school buses or VW School Buses? I would love a VW school bus, as a teacher my students would love to see me pull up in one. Cool

Lind wrote:
DadaCheese wrote:
ronjonlasvegas wrote:

Michelle owns the bus. Richard is her husband, and also an old school bus enthusiast.

That bus is on of the top ten buses in the world. To say it is a monster bus is an understatement. It has three huge special options each of which on their own would qualify it as a monster bus, and the condition is phenomenal as well. I had the pleasure of visiting them and driving the bus last august, and it is even better than it looks in photos, and definitely has found the right home.

www.mauiroadsters.com
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: "The Toaster" ~ Personal History and restoration Reply with quote

Thanks for the info DadaCheese I will never complain of all the rain we have here in the east again. My immediate family live in the bay area and around central California as we wait daily for updates. Eventually I'll move back as my heart remains in CA although I'm not sure how to ever figure out where is a "safe location" now. Stay safe.

DadaCheese wrote:
Love it when I get to use The Toaster for work, or, in this case, to help out for Kathy's work.

We picked up photos from the printer and brought them to Kathy's office near Oakland's City Hall.

Also, great that "the black box" (9-pin blinker box) has been reproduced for many years now and that The Toaster's hazards work.

www.mauiroadsters.com
Lind wrote:
ronjonlasvegas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: "The Toaster" ~ Personal History and restoration Reply with quote

Lind wrote:
DadaCheese wrote:
ronjonlasvegas wrote:

Lind, thanks for the information. You say the bus has three special options now you have me curious. What is the third one? Obvious that the sunroof and double doors are the first two.
oakman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: "The Toaster" ~ Personal History and restoration Reply with quote

ronjonlasvegas wrote:
Lind wrote:
DadaCheese wrote:
ronjonlasvegas wrote:

Lind, thanks for the information. You say the bus has three special options now you have me curious. What is the third one? Obvious that the sunroof and double doors are the first two.

Pretty sure the third rare option is the color. Almost all of the 59-61 standard micro buses are mango. This one was ordered beige grey/sealing wax red. The interior is the same as a mango bus.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Jump to:
Page 35 of 47

Jump to: