Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bright idea
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
nothereanymore
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 3:43 pm    Post subject: Bright idea Reply with quote

Forgive me for blowing my own horn but this could be helpful:
I was troubleshooting a battery charging problem and wanted to check the generator brushes on my 69. You know those little clips that you pry back with your finger so you can pull the brush out and eyeball it? It so happens I brilliantly made the bottom one slide off its little keeper. Read "bottom one". F@&K! I didn't want to pull the generator, and that was the only way I could see to het that little frigger back. You see they are like a little fat clockspring and they need to be pre-tightened before mounting on the little flat post that holds them.
Bing! Idea

Little needlenose pliers slightly modified to prevent shooting said clip God knows where. Small screwdriver to turn clockspring while holding thingy in pliers. Strong fingers to retain death grip on pre-torqued clock spring thingy while maintaining an odd angle to get the clip back inside the generator while hoding the camera with the other hand to snap a pic to impress your "thesamba" buddies.. Thusly:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
[/img]

Hope this helps.
Adventurewagen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Engine looks good!

I did the same thing, instead of having a crazy monster grip, get a pair of locking needle nose pliers. Makes is alot easier.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: