Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

ATTENTION! Sellers-Doers-Knowers & Showers!!
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:03 am    Post subject: ATTENTION! Sellers-Doers-Knowers & Showers!! Reply with quote

Gentlemen and Skillz. Wink And or any Ladies out there in the know.

I have a fellow Bay Enthusiast who lost his bus in a shop fire while being rebuilt in Laufen - https://www.blick.ch/schweiz/basel/meterhohe-flamm...82423.html

I have been helping him get his dream back. This bus was later 76-79 Berlin Westfalia. In the end he got the shell back, a roller, no internals or drivetrain. The rest was lost in the fire. I've been helping him a bit at a time to get the stuff back. I recently found him a nice camping interior in Germany. He still needs the camper top, trans, rebuildable T4, doors and lots of new odds and ends that I directed him towards BusDepot.

BusDepot because he is making a trip over here to the states to get all this stuff. His idea is to combine a visit with a parts venture. He wants a rolled bus to put all the finds in. Doors, glass all the above goodies and what nots he may find.

What Id like to know is what you know. Where to go? Anywhere in the country to get stuff? Who has stuff they want to sell? Where you at? Help a brother out.

This would of all been situated a while back, but with this Covid craze and various back and forth shit globally on what anyone is allowed to do has slowed it down. Coming into the second year of restrictions, we are seeing that his visit should happen before the end of the year.

Whole bus - just a roller with good doors, preferably a late Westy
Glass
Doors
Trans
Rebuildable T4 case

I look in the classifieds time and again, so if you have it all - you may be the guy. Just let me know what you think fellas.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Shonandb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: ATTENTION! Sellers-Doers-Knowers & Showers!! Reply with quote

I've heard that Bustedbus may be a good place to start.

https://bustedbus.com/
Previous 1973 Panel Bus:
Click to view image
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: ATTENTION! Sellers-Doers-Knowers & Showers!! Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:

Gentlemen and Skillz

douche Laughing

i have all the glass, but he's coming to sticksville to get it. may even have a nice side vent window with a nice seal too.

i have a buddy i sold a 77 westy to. it's basically a shell but has the top (last i knew)

let me know how serious all of this is and i'll reach out to my friend (believe it or not, i have one) and see if the top is available.

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: ATTENTION! Sellers-Doers-Knowers & Showers!! Reply with quote

This whole deal sounds like a job for a rotted out donor bus (camper) that sort of runs, the cost of packing and shipping all that stuff may exceed what it costs to ship a sick vehicle. And there's always some clip or bolt you didn't account for, or the previous shop lost that would be on a donor.

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: ATTENTION! Sellers-Doers-Knowers & Showers!! Reply with quote

I am acquiring 5 rebuildable T4 engines of various sizes. All are 80-90% complete with heat exchangers. I didn’t plan on picking the engines up till the spring, but I’m sure I could get them sooner if necessary. It’s about to snow a lot here and I wanted to keep them in dry storage till the snow was gone.

PM me if there is any interest. Durango is kinda on the way to Sticksville…

Rich P
’65 Deluxe Build
’63 Deluxe Build
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: ATTENTION! Sellers-Doers-Knowers & Showers!! Reply with quote

richparker wrote:
Durango is kinda on the way to Sticksville…

Laughing

so i checked with my boi and he has the pop top/luggage rack etc.

he is willing to sell the whole shell. i mean, it's dead fucking empty as both of us have had our dick beaters all over it. body cuts, etc but he's willing to sell the shell, the pop top stuff and anything in between.

bitch is it isn't a roller. i loaded it on his trailer with the old Allis

let me know.

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
aeromech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: ATTENTION! Sellers-Doers-Knowers & Showers!! Reply with quote

I saw a camper pop top for sale on the samba a couple days ago
Boeing 727,737-200-300-400,757,767
Airbus A319,320,321
DC9/MD80
BAe146
Fokker F28/F100
VW type 1 1962,63,65,69,72
VW Type 2 1971 (3 ea.) 1978, 1969
VW Jetta
VW Passat
Capable of leaping tall buildings in a single bound
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: ATTENTION! Sellers-Doers-Knowers & Showers!! Reply with quote

busdaddy wrote:
This whole deal sounds like a job for a rotted out donor bus (camper) that sort of runs, the cost of packing and shipping all that stuff may exceed what it costs to ship a sick vehicle. And there's always some clip or bolt you didn't account for, or the previous shop lost that would be on a donor.

Yes, for sure and we might just do this as it is the smartest one stop. When I see the plane tickets, Ill help shake that tree.

richparker wrote:
I am acquiring 5 rebuildable T4 engines of various sizes. All are 80-90% complete with heat exchangers. I didn’t plan on picking the engines up till the spring, but I’m sure I could get them sooner if necessary. It’s about to snow a lot here and I wanted to keep them in dry storage till the snow was gone.

PM me if there is any interest. Durango is kinda on the way to Sticksville…

Rich P

Rich, thanks brother - keep them warm for me and Ill let you know Cool

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:

Laughing

so i checked with my boi and he has the pop top/luggage rack etc.

he is willing to sell the whole shell. i mean, it's dead fucking empty as both of us have had our dick beaters all over it. body cuts, etc but he's willing to sell the shell, the pop top stuff and anything in between.

bitch is it isn't a roller. i loaded it on his trailer with the old Allis

let me know.

Thanks for checking it out brother. I do think he wants a roller for sure. When hes here god knows what other things he will buy to stuff in it - so its got to either be RoRo or roll into a container. Besides, Im going to warn him that your balls may have touched various places. Wink Laughing The top may be in the mix. I see them for sale but in various degrees of hangered Confused

aeromech wrote:
I saw a camper pop top for sale on the samba a couple days ago

If he gets down our way, I hope to set up a bbq maybe at my place. Get some select locals over for a drinking and story telling venture. Cool

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: ATTENTION! Sellers-Doers-Knowers & Showers!! Reply with quote

East coast used parts for a bus.

My guy is in Tampa at the moment and looking for -

1. a trusted source rebuilt 2 liter type 4 motor and gearbox,....i can the rebuild if convinced the motor is sound...it can be a little tired beautiful runs I can do it....i just prefer at this point to have it all done to get van back quicker.

2. pair of Berlin front seats and pedestals

3. fiberglass top (I have the hardware and can get an aftermarket canvas)

4. all doors and hatches, including the engine hatch over engine into rear compartment of bus.

5. All glass in entire van

Will also take a later roller Westfalia if out there!

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:11 am    Post subject: Re: ATTENTION! Sellers-Doers-Knowers & Showers!! Reply with quote

Where is he going to RoRo from on east coast?

I could pick up anything big from skills and get to the coast on my weekly kale pickup.
Kirk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: ATTENTION! Sellers-Doers-Knowers & Showers!! Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:

1. a trusted source rebuilt 2 liter type 4 motor and gearbox,....i can the rebuild if convinced the motor is sound...it can be a little tired beautiful runs I can do it....i just prefer at this point to have it all done to get van back quicker.

4. all doors and hatches, including the engine hatch over engine into rear compartment of bus.

Probably doesn't help much, but I have a stack of doors, bunches of misc glass (he needs it all?) that engine hatch over the engine I am pretty sure.

Im sure youll find a complete one, but I seem to always have a stash.

Bear
Coble
Super
Oppenheim
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: ATTENTION! Sellers-Doers-Knowers & Showers!! Reply with quote

Kirk wrote:
notchboy wrote:

Probably doesn't help much, but I have a stack of doors, bunches of misc glass (he needs it all?) that engine hatch over the engine I am pretty sure.

Im sure youll find a complete one, but I seem to always have a stash.

PM me your number if you want me to connect you guys.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
jtauxe Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: ATTENTION! Sellers-Doers-Knowers & Showers!! Reply with quote

I have a very nice rear wing window with seal, if he needs it.
1969 Transporter, 1971 Westfalia, 1976, 1977, 1976, 1977, 1971, 1973, 1977 Westfalias,
1979 Champagne Sunroof, 1974 Westfalia Automatic, 1979 Transporter, 1972 Sportsmobile, 1973 Transporter Wild Westerner, 1974 Westfalia parts bus
, 1975 Mexican single cab *FOR SALE*, 1978 Irish 4-door double cab RHD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: