Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Here Today Vanagon Tomorrow meets CampervanCulture.com
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
JED THE SPREAD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:36 pm    Post subject: Here Today Vanagon Tomorrow meets CampervanCulture.com Reply with quote

Jes, Rob and little Henley (age 4) from Vancouver Canada who just shipped there van over to the UK to start a year of travelling around Europe and maybe Morocco. After picking their van up from Tilbury docks last friday and a few hours sleep in a country lane they headed to CampervanCulture.com's new unit here in South London. They grabbed a few parts from us before I headed off into the Surrey Hills to show them around a little, and took them on a wild camp and to a real country pub.

They are a really nice family an their blog of there trip will be really interesting to read as a year of travel unfolds. If you want to give the guys a follow their blog is right here just incase you haven't seen it, http://heretodayvanagontomorrow.com They are on Facebook etc too.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Just thought I would share the love incase any of you were thinking of heading over in the future.

PS, They love English pubs!

Jed
Jake de Villiers
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Here Today Vanagon Tomorrow meets CampervanCulture.com Reply with quote

Very cool, Jed! We'll be in Europe next year but I don't think we'll make it to England. Kinda sad about that.
http://sites.google.com/site/subyjake/mydixiedarlin%27
www.crescentbeachguitar.com
www.thebassspa.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
JED THE SPREAD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:03 am    Post subject: Re: Here Today Vanagon Tomorrow meets CampervanCulture.com Reply with quote

Well if any of you do find your way to the UK from any county outside of the UK in your vans our HQ is just an hour and a half from Dover ferry port and just 10 miles south from Buckingham Plaice. I am always happy to take people wild camping for their first night in the UK to get them acclimatised and give you the real UK experience.

Jed
unibagel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:09 am    Post subject: Re: Here Today Vanagon Tomorrow meets CampervanCulture.com Reply with quote

Rats! I was just over there in November. Next time I'm definitely coming up to meet you and buy you a pint, or three! Love your vids and what you are doing for our little community! Thanks Jed!

Cheers.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dobryan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:35 am    Post subject: Re: Here Today Vanagon Tomorrow meets CampervanCulture.com Reply with quote

It will be a while, but on my bucket list is to ship the Westy over to Europe for an extended tour. You guys are on the list! Very Happy

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive." Robert Louis Stevenson

MD>Canada>AK>WA>OR>CA>AZ>UT>WY>SD
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=620646

Building a bus for travel in Europe (euroBus)
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=695371

The Western Syncro build
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=746794
IdahoDoug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:50 am    Post subject: Re: Here Today Vanagon Tomorrow meets CampervanCulture.com Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind offer of hospitality, Jed. My wife and kiddos were in Europe this summer and I tried to convince them that the month car rental the spend would have been close enough to send our Vanagon over to use, then leave there for a future trip. Will keep you in mind.

We live in the perfect jumping off spot in the Pacific NW here, so if you ever want to ship a van over, Seattle is full of Sambanistas who would go pick it up and help with logistics.

Doug
1987 2WD Wolfsburg Vanagon Weekender "Mango", two fully locked 80 Series LandCruisers. 2017 Subaru Outback boxer. 1990 Audi 90 Quattro 20V with rear locking differential, 1990 burgundy parts Vanagon. 1984 Porsche 944, 1988 Toyota Supra 5 speed targa, 2002 BMW 325iX, 1982 Toyota Sunrader
dobryan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: Here Today Vanagon Tomorrow meets CampervanCulture.com Reply with quote

IdahoDoug wrote:

We live in the perfect jumping off spot in the Pacific NW here, so if you ever want to ship a van over, Seattle is full of Sambanistas who would go pick it up and help with logistics.

Doug

And Jed, I can help if you choose to arrive on the East coast. I'm just outside of Baltimore which has a large port of entry. Very Happy

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive." Robert Louis Stevenson

MD>Canada>AK>WA>OR>CA>AZ>UT>WY>SD
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=620646

Building a bus for travel in Europe (euroBus)
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=695371

The Western Syncro build
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=746794
JED THE SPREAD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: Here Today Vanagon Tomorrow meets CampervanCulture.com Reply with quote

You guys are too kind, I may just take you up on that one day.

Jed
tschroeder0
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Here Today Vanagon Tomorrow meets CampervanCulture.com Reply with quote

nice Jed...funny, after a year of no van I just picked up a syncro adventurewagen. The first site I went to was yours, I love all the reports.
thanks!
landkholdings
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:29 am    Post subject: Re: Here Today Vanagon Tomorrow meets CampervanCulture.com Reply with quote

I like the little wood stove. I want one.
tarandusVDub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: Here Today Vanagon Tomorrow meets CampervanCulture.com Reply with quote

tschroeder0 wrote:
nice Jed...funny, after a year of no van I just picked up a syncro adventurewagen. The first site I went to was yours, I love all the reports.
thanks!

TSchroeder - You fixed up and sold a sweet '85 didn't' you, and got into a Tacoma with a camper?? Do tell what transpired to get you back into a syncro AW!!
JED THE SPREAD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: Here Today Vanagon Tomorrow meets CampervanCulture.com Reply with quote

tschroeder0 wrote:
thanks!

Is the correct answer Laughing

Jed
JED THE SPREAD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: Here Today Vanagon Tomorrow meets CampervanCulture.com Reply with quote

landkholdings wrote:
I like the little wood stove. I want one.

Pretty neat hey! We ship them all over the place so if you have some holiday money burning a hole in your pocket Wink

Jed
tschroeder0
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:43 am    Post subject: Re: Here Today Vanagon Tomorrow meets CampervanCulture.com Reply with quote

Ha!, well besdides being jealous of everything Jed does, the decision to go back to the future with another van was complicated.
I bought a tundra and a four wheel camper. That set up was bomber, I do not have any complaints at all. It was a compact go anywhere rig and the camper was fantastic...and there was the part I missed. I had nothing to do on it and I actually missed that part of the adventure. I also really wanted to get back to something with a walk through. I decided I wanted a hightop and a syncro. I found one in Seattle. Flew out last week, bought it and drove back through some of the worst weather I have ever driven in. Last thursday I drove 21 hrs through rain, snow, huge wind( not sure what peopel are talking about saying high tops are poor in wind?), two interstate closures and so many mountain passes I lost track. The van performed flawlessly.
It is quite decent, but not really up to my standards in some places, so new cabinets to come, along with Mblotz doing some upholstery etc and so on. And to bring it back to Jed, I can finally order up some awesome syncro flavored gear, now that I have one!
Sorry for the hijack...back to topic...adventure!
cary
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Here Today Vanagon Tomorrow meets CampervanCulture.com Reply with quote

Hi. It would be great to give the details on the shipment of your VW to England. The cost, preparation, general tips etc - this is on my bucket list also. 1991 westy camper.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: