Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

74 Bus Turn Signal Stock - Removing Stalk from Plastic
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kevinklg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:50 pm    Post subject: 74 Bus Turn Signal Stock - Removing Stalk from Plastic Reply with quote

I have purchased the 3d printed plastic pieces for my turn signal and wiper switches. These are great by the way!!

The thing I cannot figure out is how to get the pin out that connects the metal stalk to the plastic piece that goes on the end. See pictures, one of the stalk, the other a close up of the pin.

It looks like there is a pin in there, but I cannot get it to push out, and am simply not sure how to remove it.

Does anyone have input on how to remove it?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: 74 Bus Turn Signal Stock - Removing Stalk from Plastic Reply with quote

same style of pin as the e brake handle. supposed to tap out. i could not get min
e out, even snapped off a drillbit and said "welp, thats not happening"

i would say some kroil, or other penetrant, not wd40, and work on tapping out. the good news is you COULD destroy the current plastic to get a better view of whats what, just dont lose the ball that is in there between the end of the stock and the body.
kaiisons
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: 74 Bus Turn Signal Stock - Removing Stalk from Plastic Reply with quote

i use a 1.5mm allen key cut down so its straight on one side of the plastic body and a 6mm socket on the other then squeeze the pin out in a vice.
alman72
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: 74 Bus Turn Signal Stock - Removing Stalk from Plastic Reply with quote

it is called a roll pin ! days later and an unrelated youtube vid reminded me of what the damn thing is called.
Kevinklg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: 74 Bus Turn Signal Stock - Removing Stalk from Plastic Reply with quote

Thanks all for the advice. I know it's not the right way, but at the end of the day, I had to cut the plastic away in order to slide it out. Lucky for me I had one of the 3D printed parts to replace that plastic.

Definitely not a great design, I appreciate all the input on options to try!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: