Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

A little Eurovan building.
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Eurovan Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xtremjeepn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Xtremjeepn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farther
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I have the same condition on my 2000 EuroVan Camper. How did you do this handle improvement?

Xtremjeepn wrote:
A little more clean up of the "Soft Touch"

Before.

After

Also finished and tested the Fiamma Awning. Kinda wish I had this on the van for my own use. A bit disappointed in the supplied hardware so I went and got proper stainless steel stuff fit for a van!!

Test deployment in the garage!

Xtremjeepn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get your credit card ready!!! Wink

The "soft touch" will actually just scrape off with a credit card!

They look pretty good at that point. I scuffed them a bit more with 400 grit sand paper and sprayed them with interior trim paint.
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:10 am    Post subject: Re: Soft touch Reply with quote

CKS wrote:
Xtremjeepn wrote:
So I figured I would clean it off.

Love it. I hate this soft touch stuff. What do you use to clean it off?

Did I miss a reply on this? My soft touch needs some work too.

NSFW

Smile
IdeaNerd
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: A little Eurovan building. Reply with quote

Xtremjeepn wrote:
Figured I would add a little Eurovan love here in the form of a "build" type thread.

Xtremejeepn, I find your various build/modify posts really inspiring! Very Happy Thanks for posting them!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Xtremjeepn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: A little Eurovan building. Reply with quote

IdeaNerd wrote:
Xtremjeepn wrote:
Figured I would add a little Eurovan love here in the form of a "build" type thread.

Xtremejeepn, I find your various build/modify posts really inspiring! Very Happy Thanks for posting them!

Thank you Very Happy
grandmaester
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: A little Eurovan building. Reply with quote

Just finished reading this entire thread...awesome to see the projects come and go and to see you have started a business doing it. Have you tackled any Eurovan campers yet? What ideas do you have in mind for one?
Xtremjeepn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:25 am    Post subject: Re: A little Eurovan building. Reply with quote

grandmaester wrote:
Just finished reading this entire thread...awesome to see the projects come and go and to see you have started a business doing it. Have you tackled any Eurovan campers yet? What ideas do you have in mind for one?

Thanks!!

It's been a fun ride so far.

Unfortunately all I've been able to do to the EVC so far is lift them, and some minor top repair.

Here is a teaser of the latest full custom Weekender build. I'd love to do some stuff like this to a EVC! They would looks sooooo cool in bright retro two tones and full wood interior to match, upholstery, etc

There are going to be lots of little details to this van but it's a full repaint, custom two tone upholstery, all beetle kill pine, wheels, suspension, solar, fridge, swivels, brakes, mechanical bits, etc etc etc

grandmaester
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: A little Eurovan building. Reply with quote

That's awesome, looking forward to seeing more projects on this thread. I'm about to attempt the lift on my evc I just picked up over the weekend...pretty simple for you by now I imagine, but daunting for me! When you do them, about how much do you lift the back? How much lift can you get out of the front torsion bars? Sorry for the off topic questions!
Xtremjeepn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: A little Eurovan building. Reply with quote

No worries! It can get as off topic as you want.

I make .75" and 1.5" spacers (which I'm currently sold out of and waiting for more)

The front can be adjusted up to match either lift.
Xtremjeepn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: A little Eurovan building. Reply with quote

I suppose this thread needs a little continuation and connection to where it has lead to. Very Happy

First off, this little Eurovan build has lead to the creation of "CaveVan". Which of course now is CaveVan.com with its own forum, an Instagram feed https://www.instagram.com/cavevan/ a Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Cavevans/

Here are some highlights of the last year.

Ken's Kombi PopTop conversion

Tony's "Shades of Grey" Poptop conversion

Bob's "Dylan" van.

Bill's Syncro with big 4 wheel disc brake conversion

Mary's EuroVanGogh

Those were just the highlights. There were other cool vans in there.

This is the one currently in progress and will be the most customized to date. "SnapDragon" is the name of the van.

Xtremjeepn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: A little Eurovan building. Reply with quote

I've also got 4 other vans sitting here that are fun too Shocked Wink

grandmaester
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: A little Eurovan building. Reply with quote

Ohhh damn those are nice. I like the brake conversion kit you did, did you also do the synchro conversion? Is that a new shop btw?
Xtremjeepn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: A little Eurovan building. Reply with quote

grandmaester wrote:
Ohhh damn those are nice. I like the brake conversion kit you did, did you also do the synchro conversion? Is that a new shop btw?

The Syncro swap was already on that van when it came to me. Although, I had to remove almost all of it to do the suspension and steering swap. I'm building another Syncro now though with a TDI.

The brakes are all 2001-2003 Eurovan stuff. Took a little learning along the way. Basically you have to swap all the control arms and knuckles to get the alignment and brake mounting points correct.

I've got a shop space close to home while building a bigger garage on my property. Wink
Xtremjeepn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE!!!

"Night Fury" will be up for sale soon!!!!!! That is the van that this entire thread was based on!!

The owner has really enjoyed the van and done several long camping trips and had zero issues with it. But....they will be traveling overseas for the next few years and sadly must sell the van.

joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xtremjeepn wrote:
UPDATE!!!

"Night Fury" will be up for sale soon!!!!!! That is the van that this entire thread was based on!!

The owner has really enjoyed the van and done several long camping trips and had zero issues with it. But....they will be traveling overseas for the next few years and sadly must sell the van.

I met the owner randomly at a BBQ on the 4th of July. She's a very nice lady with nothing but great things to say about Cole and the Night Fury.

'86 NAHT Vanagon GL Syncro/ supercharged ABA 2.0 "Pigpen"
'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

"get metaphysical with it. if it's simply a means to get to and from places, it will let you down. if it becomes your zen, it can't fail you." -dabaron

"Still, it's good to be afield."--VWagabond

Available Now! Vanagon to Louisiana--A Two-Lane Reckoning Through Past and Present

www.josephtrussell.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Xtremjeepn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joetiger wrote:
Xtremjeepn wrote:
UPDATE!!!

I met the owner randomly at a BBQ on the 4th of July. She's a very nice lady with nothing but great things to say about Cole and the Night Fury.

Thanks!

She is great and I'm glad she really enjoyed the van! Hope it goes to another family that gets as much enjoyment out of it!!
Xtremjeepn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: A little Eurovan building. Reply with quote

Xtremjeepn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: A little Eurovan building. Reply with quote

Night Fury is about to move on to a new owner.

We are changing some things around on it. New premium flooring, a Yeti 400 with solar, Fiamma carry bike and a new rack in top.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Eurovan All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Jump to:
Page 24 of 26

Jump to: