Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Now that's bizarre ! Quaife no warranty ?
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
michla
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Now that's bizarre ! Quaife no warranty ? Reply with quote

I was considering a Quaife ATB diff #QDF4R/33 for my Type 1 IRS racing transaxle...UNTIL I read Quaife's terms and conditions !

HALLO....
Shocked Makes no sense...USA, Canada and Mexico are excluded from warranty. I messaged Quaife, waiting for response why, but I'll be darned if I'm spending $1200 and be stuck with a doorstop when something ugly rears it's head.
modok
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what other parts of your car have a warranty?
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Now that's bizarre ! Quaife no warranty ? Reply with quote

sounds like you should put a spool in then.

Please do NOT send me Private Messages through the Samba PM System (I will not see them). Send me an e-mail to john at aircooled dot net

"Like" our Facebook page at
http://www.facebook.com/vwpartsaircoolednet
and get a 5% off code for use on one order for VW Parts ON OUR PARTS STORE WEBSITE, vwparts.aircooled.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
michla
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ME ! I come with a warranty !! Laughing
Quaife must think we're a bunch of lunatics in North America, I suppose.
I'd put a spool in, but the car was too much a labor of love to put it in the guardrail.
Alstrup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no warranty on a super diff either, - which have all sorts of problems.

T
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
GhiaShift
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do any performance parts have a warranty ? I think not and to expect a manufacturer to pay for your hobby is a bit naive.
If you want warranty buy a new car from a dealership a Honda or Toyota Laughing
yamaducci
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Option 2:
Buy it from a parts store in the UK and have them send it to you. If you have problems, let them deal with the warranty.
Otherwise, assume racing parts have no warranty.
My 2498 Turbo Re-Build Thread: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5578697#5578697

3rd Brake Light Safety Stars- I still have a couple with blue light left. Email me if interested.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
spencerfvee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:12 am    Post subject: Re: Now that's bizarre ! Quaife no warranty ? Reply with quote

most racing parts being sold do not have warranties . you break it .its yours lol we used to run a spool . then one day we broke a axle on our race car .and hit the guard rail at 75MPH flipped the car over . just about killed my best friend . the whole race car was junk . i have used a Quaife in my street and drag race car .my friends all use Quaife not one of them have trashed a Quaife . my one friend used to do burn outs at the N.O.P.E shows useing a Quaife ... i will ask you this. how much is your life worth ?? .you can replace a race car. but not your life .be smart and buy the Quaife . spencerfvee
michla wrote:
I was considering a Quaife ATB diff #QDF4R/33 for my Type 1 IRS racing transaxle...UNTIL I read Quaife's terms and conditions !

HALLO....
Shocked Makes no sense...USA, Canada and Mexico are excluded from warranty. I messaged Quaife, waiting for response why, but I'll be darned if I'm spending $1200 and be stuck with a doorstop when something ugly rears it's head.
michla
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Spence--I like hearing that kind of testimonial, but I'm running a Type 1 IRS and shearing off the trunion splines is best hat trick I have out of the hole ! Suspension/cage setup prevent me from going swingaxle or bus trans.

I sent Gary Peloquin an email and he responds he's desperately trying to develop an ATB diff for the Type 1 and/or 2 by the spring which will be unlimited warranty (yeah, I would imagine it WON'T be cheap)...
I may hold out for that--not so sure I want a insanely expensive doorstop when the Quaife breaks (and guaranteed, I will break it).

Oh yeah--Quaife did respond:
Quote:
Thank you for your enquiry. With regards to our warranty it is subject to the Law of England and Wales and the English Courts.

Wink (sounds like Medieval times!)
mark tucker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and the price for it over there is how much??
modok
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michla wrote:
ME ! I come with a warranty !! Laughing

Good point. Maybe you should talk to your life insurance agent about a policy for the quaffe. It would be beneficial for all parties from what I can see. Laughing
michla
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark--Gary hasn't started production yet so a price isn't set but he said he's hoping to make a production run sometime this Spring.

Modok--numbers don't go that high according to Quaife
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: