Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Gabriel VW keys & Locks - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: gabvwkey
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Today
gabvwkey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 11:46 am    Post subject: Uniballers good feedback Reply with quote

I like to take the opportunity to thank all of you guys for the good comments and support, we at Gabriel's VW Garage & VW Locksmith (a family operated business) are dedicated to help in any way we can the VW community with their VW keys and locks needs, this is more than business for us, we are also VW nuts, and drive our beloved 1965 crew cab everywhere! We are hoping to drive it to BBB in Lake Havasu AZ. this coming January. Hope to see many of you guys there!
Gabriel. Very Happy Smile Surprised
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
c.davis419
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just another completelt satisfied customer! I'd recommend Gabriel to anyone. Because of him I now have all new NOS lock cylinders for every lock on my 60! Very Happy
RocklinDave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 7:25 pm    Post subject: excellent Reply with quote

Gab's a right on guy, hes done all my locks and does them at shows with no worrys, if I have been short, I send him the green, if every one was like gab, would need the rant page, thanks gab, kool1, ( aka)the herbie dude
Now just a hotrodder
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dave
Samba Elder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting story about this Gabriel Garcia guy-

I was up at his shop, doing a story for one of the VW magazines, and my buddy called me on my cell phone. Seems he had lost the one and only key for his '59 vert. I handed my cell phone to Gabriel, who told the guy to pull the door handle off, and read him the number on the handle. THE VERY NEXT DAY, my buddy was on his way to a car show in his 'vert. Gabriel cut the key, overnighted it, and it worked perfect.
Pretty crummy customer service, if ya ask me Laughing Very Happy Smile

You da MAN, Gabe....
vwfanatic67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gabriel really gave me good advice. and a got me a new key on an original blank for my 67 type 3.

SBS #74
52 Split Beetle
60 Panel
65 Notchback
More if my wife would let me!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Stanagon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gabe is definitely a recommended seller. I bought a couple items from him via eBay and then recently one through theSamba. He's great with communication, customer service, reasonable shipping and can get some hard to find key blanks for classic VWs. Two thumbs up!

Stan Wohlfarth
Bentley Publishers
& LiMBO president
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
scarroll
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto on the kudos for Gabe. He treated me great on two separate purchases. I'll buy from him again!
Bambergvr6
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gabriel is the man!

Excellent communication, fast shipper. If using paypal, he sends you a request for the cash and it is all as easy as a few clicks.

2 transactions no problems!

This guy hooked me up, listen to this!

Purchased an NOS locking decklid handle with OEM keys. (1st transaction)
Recieved NOS handle, as described, excellent
Asked question over email about having one key fits all for my project 66 Type 1, provided key codes for all locks.
Gabriel Replied, No problem!
He identified a mismatch ignition, 67 type
Offered me a complete one key solution

Took him up on offer (2nd transaction)
I sent him my door handles, the pair
One of the OEM decklid handle keys

He sent me back, the handles matched to the key and the purchased SC ignition matched to the key.

Now I have one key for all! Plus I have 2 OEM keys to fit my project.

In addition I gave him my 56 door handle key code (via email) and he made me a pair of VW cutout style (Repro) keys, with the correct key code stamped into the keys. Looks real close to OEM. If I didn't know any better I would have thought so.

He is all about the details.

Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
thevwgarage
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 9:35 am    Post subject: gabe rocks Reply with quote

i love what he does.. he is great, and great to deal with.. much love to gabe.
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked Gabriel to reserve two key ring church keys at the start of January, and he said no problem. He followed up two weeks later, because I hadn't sent him money yet. A week later I sent him a check and today I received a special parcel in the mail today. Thank Gabriel!!! Dancing
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used Gabriels service, and have posted very postive info about my experiences in other threads before. But Damnation! Gabriel keeps re-posting the same stuff over and over in the Classifieds. That combined with the large number of individual items, and it is a lot to trip over when browsing the Type II parts classifieds.

I understand the need to keep the items for sale up near the top of the postings, but could we lightnen up a bit? Perhaps, as the Samba Ad guide says, try posting multiple similar items in one Ad instead of many individual ads? I promise to read them, just give us a break!

i wish more people would actually drive their vws rather than just talking about what they have in the garage.

Red Fau Veh wrote:
If you've seen one sunroof swivel seat kombi, you've seen them all! Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cruiser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since we are talking about one heck of a great guy, I thought I'd pass along my experience about a recent "Gabriel transaction". Last year, I had sent out a list of "hard to find" items for my Ghia restoration to Gab along with many other folks in the Volkswagen business. Couple weeks ago, I received an email from Gabriel saying he has found one of the items off my list. To make a semi-long story short, he e-mailed several photos of the part, agreed on a price, I paid via Paypal and received the part soon after. The piece was "as described" and a perfect NOS item. I wrote Gabriel back thanking him for remembering me.

As many of you have stated and I couldn't agree more - Gab is truly an outstanding figure in the VW scene! Much praise goes to him and his business. I'd love to meet him in person someday and shake his hand. I look forward to doing business with him in the near future and for many years to come. Thanks Gabriel!
gabvwkey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 11:14 am    Post subject: answer to J.Pickens last comment! Reply with quote

I lost my job 2 years ago thanks to the 9/11 tragedy, since then, 100% of my income comes from VW keys/locks/parts and the service I provide to the VW community, as sellers, we have to try different ways to promote/advertise our products, to different people everyday! First off you say "he keep relisting the same stuff over and over" well, what do you want, that's all I have to sell! If you already bought a VW key from me, well thank you very much, and I understand you dont have the need for another one, but, they are hundreds of VW guys that dont have correct VW keys, it's for them we keep relisting the adds! Next, you said, "I understand you want to keep the items on top of the page" I dont think you do understand! Because you are not a seller, to you it is just annoying, to us sellers means another item sold, most people dont browse thru 10 pages, maybe one or two, I wait the 14 days to relist like everybody else! And everytime I do, I sell another key, or VW pin etc.
I'm not going to change my selling methods just to pleased you!
I' will accept some of your suggestions, like consolidate some same items into one add, and stuff like that, and will give you a break like you say, but, you on the other hand, realize that you are not the only one browsing thru the Samba pages, and what you dont need or even want to see, others are desperately looking for!
Sincerely. Gabriel Garcia ([email protected])
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2004 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no problems with Gabriels ads. they are virtually all ads for good useable NOS parts.

its not like the people who are parting out some superbeetle and listing every damn part which nobody will even buy for $5 or the people who occasionally show up trying to pimp out new chrome crap that nobody wants.

the only thing that I have noticed is that Gabriel uses a couple different email addresses, so when you look at his other ads, you are not seeing all that he has currently for sale on thesamba.
j.pickens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gabriel,
Thanks for the sincere response to my earlier posting.
I am sorry if my wording was a little harsh, which I agree it was, probably unnecessarily so.
What I was trying to convey was that there are times when browsing the ads that there have been quite a few consecutive ads from you all in a row, and all for things you had previouly posted recently.
This does make for a lot of scrolling down the page, and can make the ads harder to read, in my opinion.

However, I now realize that you need to let people know what you're selling, and many times, new potential buyers are accessing theSamba for the first time, or are looking for a particular product for the first time. That explains the way you are re-listing, and I respect your need to do so.

I think its great that you plan to consolidate your ads, combining similar items into a single ad. I think this will help make your ads more effective.

Again, I'm sorry that my comments were so harsh, I don't want to offend, and I really do appreciate the fine service you have provided to me and many, many other VW people out there.

John Pickens

i wish more people would actually drive their vws rather than just talking about what they have in the garage.

Red Fau Veh wrote:
If you've seen one sunroof swivel seat kombi, you've seen them all! Cool
vwjosh6070
Driveway Camper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just wrote him an e-mail asking him for a quote on my keys for my camper, since all the crazy locksmiths around here want an arm and a leg for just one key, i figured id look him up! all i hear is good news from him, so i am hoping we can do some business.

1973 Transporter "Floyd"

****Wheres my old bus?! 1967 Montgomery Ward Camper****

KI4MXO
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
turboblue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flawless transaction with Gabriel. Put his payment in the mail here on the 10th of March, and received the keys I had ordered today the 19th.
Nine days service including postal time is nearly unheard of.
Thank you Gabriel!

Turbo VW Sand Drag Buggy

"If you don't run into the Devil every once in awhile, you must be going in the same direction!"
NorCalLowLife209
Mr. Saran Wrap

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldgto wrote:
Anyone buy a new doorlock or ignition with key? VWoA is making everyone remove the VW emblem from all of there aftermarket products. So, you get a cool VW KEY WITH PART OF THE V or W missing. It looks like crap!

ya i bought seat belts from bug zone it was soo gay it looked like this
V
\ V
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
turboblue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again Gabriel comes through. I rec'd my key blanks for the 67 Saturday.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=48992
Flawless transaction again.
Thanks Gabriel........

Turbo VW Sand Drag Buggy

"If you don't run into the Devil every once in awhile, you must be going in the same direction!"
incynr8
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He sentme two cutout blanks for my 70 T2.
Thanks!
Awesome stuff.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Jump to:
Page 2 of 55

Jump to: