Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Unusual Semaphore blanking plates/marker lights
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
hubcap
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Unusual Semaphore blanking plates/marker lights Reply with quote

Hi

I was sorting through some of my VW stuff today and came across these. I wondered if anybody knew who the HS/SH manufacturer was. I have done a quick Google search to no avail. I know that they are more a euro bus/bug thing but I generally only post on the split bus forum so thought I would start here.

Any information greatly received. Thanks

Simon

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The manufacturer is "SHO" , they also made semaphores...

Bill Bowman
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hubcap
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bill

Thanks, I knew I had seen the logo before, but was wondering if anybody knew more about the company themselves. I was also trying to roughly date the covers I have. The SHO semaphores advertised on here in the classifieds carry the VW logo not the SHO one (although I guess it may be on the baseplate or back) and seem to be predominantly for really early vehicles. i guess they must have carried on making parts long after model changes etc.

the packaging looks more 60's to me than 50's.

Thanks again
splitnrag
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen a bus with what I think are something like these on the B-Pillar. I would like to see other buses with them installed. The bus I saw them on I think were modified as the bus didn't have semaphores originally and his lights were static.

Anyone know this guy? He's in Washington I have talked to him a couple of times but can't remember his name and this is the only pic I can find of his bus and of course the tent is in the way.
mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: Unusual Semaphore blanking plates/marker lights Reply with quote

hubcap wrote:
Hi

I was sorting through some of my VW stuff today and came across these. I wondered if anybody knew who the HS/SH manufacturer was. I have done a quick Google search to no avail. I know that they are more a euro bus/bug thing but I generally only post on the split bus forum so thought I would start here.

Any information greatly received. Thanks

Simon

I did have a 59 beetle once that had been "upgraded" to those. Actually looked pretty good on a black L41 car

Uli

----------------------------------------
'53 3-Fold Oval, L35 Metallic Blue, looking for a narrow hatch panel
splitnrag
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was fortunate enough to talk to the owner of the bus pictured and he was kind enough to give me some tips on where to find some. I hope to put a set on my bus someday.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: