Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Quick Roof
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
76VwBug1600
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: hmm Reply with quote

Ill warn you now i did my 76 FI with quickroof and with temp here max around 90s it melted in the back.. its running down.. I plan on ripping it all out and doing real stuff like dynomat
Grug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: Quick Roof Reply with quote

I know it's an old thread, but I have to ask regarding the melted Quick Roof; was it applied in the engine compartment on the firewall? Think

Most successful applications I've read about (or viewed) applied the product on the inside firewall of the luggage compartment.
68ohiobug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: Quick Roof Reply with quote

I applied mine to the inside luggage area fire wall, and then I ordered some high temp 1/2" foam insulation sheet from Mcmaster Carr for the inside of the engine compartment. What brand/specifics I can't remember, but may have it in my pile of receipts. The insulation inside is holding up well enough, and the car is quieter but not as much as I would like.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6374489&highlight=#6374489
Fiddlestyx
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Quick Roof Reply with quote

I feel bad for the people in the future that have to remove this stuff.
Grug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Quick Roof Reply with quote

68ohiobug wrote:
...and the car is quieter but not as much as I would like.

My '66 is loud in the cabin...very loud. The tar boards on the engine side of the firewall are beat and there's no insulation or carpet of any kind on the passenger side of the firewall. It was all stripped for the restoration. (And the luggage compartment lid is also missing.)

So, I suspect any addition of soundproofing will be an improvement for me as I don't think it can get any louder, lol!
volksnhousin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Quick Roof Reply with quote

I used some of this stuff and put it on with one of their fancy smancy metal wheel wood handle Russian roller deals. Was kind of fun cutting it up, putting it on and wheeling the wheel. https://www.amazon.com/Noico-deadening-automotive-...dpSrc=srch

I don't remember how much I bought but whatever I bought was enough to do the inside firewall area and half of the rear wheel wells on my baja bug. They have all kinds of different sizes and amounts you can buy. I think it may have helped a little with noise. There is probably better stuff out there but it is good enough for me and the old baja. The stuff has survived some hot temperatures and has never come undone. A cool paper how to manual came with it and I am now an owner of an awesome wheeler tool thingy that will take up space, sit around forever and never be used again. Pretty neat.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: