Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Vintage/contemporary nostalgic built dunebuggy pictures
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
calebmelvin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage/contemporary nostalgic built dunebuggy pictures Reply with quote

Tow'd!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Marlin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 5:39 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage/contemporary nostalgic built dunebuggy pictures Reply with quote

Caleb you are posting some awesome pics.
The Tow'd display is super cool
Thanks for sharing
calebmelvin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage/contemporary nostalgic built dunebuggy pictures Reply with quote

Marlin wrote:
Caleb you are posting some awesome pics.
The Tow'd display is super cool
Thanks for sharing

Thank you sir!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
calebmelvin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage/contemporary nostalgic built dunebuggy pictures Reply with quote

Marlin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage/contemporary nostalgic built dunebuggy pictures Reply with quote

calebmelvin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage/contemporary nostalgic built dunebuggy pictures Reply with quote

Marlin wrote:

I love this one!
calebmelvin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage/contemporary nostalgic built dunebuggy pictures Reply with quote

Ken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage/contemporary nostalgic built dunebuggy pictures Reply with quote

I “think” ours qualifies as a contemporary nostalgic build?? We went with a raked streetbuggy look, lots and lots of flake, full upholstered interior, bias ply whitewalls, and Supremes, and a functional 8-track player in the dash. My youngest daughter and I built it together and she painted it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
calebmelvin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage/contemporary nostalgic built dunebuggy pictures Reply with quote

I love it! That is such a cool photo of your daughter with the paint gun! Does she drive it yet?
Ken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage/contemporary nostalgic built dunebuggy pictures Reply with quote

calebmelvin wrote:
I love it! That is such a cool photo of your daughter with the paint gun! Does she drive it yet?

No, unfortunately it isn’t running correctly. Spent a lot of money with a “shop” to rebuild the motor, and I received it back with a cracked case, and low compression. It will idle but barely drives when put under load. Gonna try a stock intake and carb, but haven’t gotten them yet. Just kinda burnt out on it because of the shops shitty/shoddy work!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage/contemporary nostalgic built dunebuggy pictures Reply with quote

That Buggy is about as classic as you will ever find especially the interior!

I am so sorry to hear about the engine! I understand how you have gotten discouraged with it but that girl of yours will not be at home for much longer if it goes like it did in our house. They are gone and on thier own so quick it's unbelievable! It's next to criminal that that Buggy and her are not having the time of thier lives together right now.

Too bad Spokane is 10.5 hours from us, or you would have to beat me off with a big stick to keep me from sorting that engine out! There must be someone competent close by to help you out and there is lots of good guys on the samba too.

Update: I just read through your engine issue thread and understand where you are at. Again if we were closer to you I have a complete and running 1600 DP with Kadrons that has a few issues but runs far far better than what you have. I would loan it to you to get you through the summer and give you time to sort out the present one. Does your line of work or weekend activities ever bring you north of the border? I could meet you part way...
oprn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 4:39 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage/contemporary nostalgic built dunebuggy pictures Reply with quote

While our Buggy might not strictly qualify as a pure classic I believe these pictures do capture the original spirit of driving one!

This is our youngest daughter and friends and I would like to dedicate these pictures to the young lady with the spray gun in the previous posts.

Manx102
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage/contemporary nostalgic built dunebuggy pictures Reply with quote

oprn... thank you for sharing your pictures and they do "capture the original spirit of driving one" it is all about the smiles.
calebmelvin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage/contemporary nostalgic built dunebuggy pictures Reply with quote

Pete Condos and the Manx-Vair

calebmelvin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage/contemporary nostalgic built dunebuggy pictures Reply with quote

calebmelvin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage/contemporary nostalgic built dunebuggy pictures Reply with quote

calebmelvin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage/contemporary nostalgic built dunebuggy pictures Reply with quote

calebmelvin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage/contemporary nostalgic built dunebuggy pictures Reply with quote

calebmelvin
Samba Member

calebmelvin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage/contemporary nostalgic built dunebuggy pictures Reply with quote

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Jump to:
Page 20 of 26

Jump to: