Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Brad's Beetlemania - [email protected]
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rick73Super
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:22 am    Post subject: Brad's Beetlemania - [email protected] Reply with quote

After some confusion caused by me having 2 different e-mail addresses, Brad applogized for not shipping parts (even though it was my fault). Ordered engine tin, including some no longer reproduced heat riser tin. Brad had it. For one of the lower tin pieces he substitited a new piece.
Parts quality and price are good. Delivery from Canada was slow.
I would order again, but expect a couple of weeks for delivery.

[email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
uberautowerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brad's a flake, doesnt return emails OR phone calls in a timely manner. Just another time waster.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Distributor Reply with quote

Just got this right on time as he told me. He has responded propmptly as far as I think reasonable.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Millennium Falcon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must agree with uberautowerks.

My calls where not returned for the part I needed, obviously does not care for personal service.

Probably just a "Samba Vulture". I did not throw any money his way, nor will I, ever. One bad rub is all it takes.

1972 White Campmobile
1700 cc Type IV
Dual Solex 34 PDSIT2/3
Saint76
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here...

Asked about specific parts, easy stuff, bay turn signals, door panels, door handles...He said he would check and get back to me.
2 weeks nothing..

Re-sent the request for parts again..got an almost carbon copied reply how he would check..

2 weeks nothing.

Maybe he just doesn't have them... Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Millennium Falcon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the most reliable and trust worthy sellers/mechanics are the ones who contribute to the forums regularly. (we know who they are, and hopefully so do they)

Their contributions are worth their weight in gold and I always hope to deal with these gentlemen(women) when ever I can.

1972 White Campmobile
1700 cc Type IV
Dual Solex 34 PDSIT2/3

Last edited by Millennium Falcon on Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:40 am; edited 1 time in total
DL West-Wiperguy Premium Member
Samba's Wiperguy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Have had nothing but good dealings with Brad. He my not responed quick to e-mails. But has always be stright with me. Shipping is a little slow so be patient. Canada Post office. Not Brads fault. Don West DL Laughing
DL West-Wiperguy Premium Member
Samba's Wiperguy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brad e-mailed me to see that I received A NOS intake manifold I had purchased from him. I have purchased large dollar amount parts No problem. Thanks Brad DL West
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought some books. Everything went excellent.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vw shorty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered a set of heads off of Brad and he was promped in returning my emails and promped with the shipping. Thanks again Brad.

Shawn
vdubfan68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:43 am    Post subject: NOS link pin sway bar Reply with quote

Very Happy First time buy from Brad . Flawless transaction . An upstanding person. Highly recommended will buy again . Another great seller found !! On the one and only THE SAMBA COM !!
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another excellent transaction.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
fast Ed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brad happened to have one NOS 67 engine lid, gave me a great deal on it for my fire victim repair. Also picked up some overrider support brackets at the same time. Fortunately he is only about a half hour drive from where I work, so I can pick up and pay with cash.

He is in the process of trying to sell down what he has left, getting ready to retire basically. The property landlord will be giving him the boot eventually, there has been a ton of development in that area in the last 10 years.

cheers
Ed N.
louis-123
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

after exchanging a few emails
i wired him the money on sunday for the parts, he also said he would send me the measurements for wooden i can cut myself.
On wenesday i got confirmation that he had shipped the parts and he also sent me a bunch of picture with the measurements.
Got the parts on thursday!

Great doing business with him!
The 71 Super
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:08 am    Post subject: Positive Air Cleaner Oil Bath Purchase Reply with quote

I purchased 3 oil bath air cleaners from Brad and they are exactly what I expected. He spoke with me on the phone and through emails. Just realize that it takes time, in my case over 10 days, for the item to get delivered to my door via postal service from Canada.
spiderjames
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Responded to an ad that said rebuilt SP heads with new guides and studs. I could not find the ad to link it here but here is the text from it below

Rebuilt Single Port Heads and others Price: $30.00 each
Dozens of Single port heads. New guides seats and studs. Some need re-blasting due to damp storage. $30.00 each.

Used single port heads 1300-1500-1600 $20.00 each.

Single port part numbers;
211 101 371A, 5 units
211 101 371, 2units

311 101 371A, 2 units

311 101 371B
211 101 371A, 7 units
211 101 373, 1 unit
311 101 373, 1 unit
311 101 373A, 9 units
NO rebuilt dp heads.
Send me your part numbers.
See my other ads for more great bargins!
Thanks

Brad
416-543-6179

I bought four supposedly rebuilt heads for $220.00 shipped. I was expecting to get complete heads, inspect them, clean some rust and corrosion, relap the valves and run them. This is an example of what I got:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Bare heads that are abviously not rebuilt. They may have been blasted in preparation for being rebuilt and the seat could probably be recut. But the guides have an avereage of .009 to .014" of play when measured with a dial indicator. These are core heads. Nothing more. There are worth about $25 ea. One has a broken fin and one has a cracked guide boss. Two of them still have the old rubber donuts on the rocker studs. Not what you normally get back from a machine shop after being rebuilt. I'm not complaining about the corrossion pictured, I expected that since they have sat for many years. But if they were rebuilt before sitting I also expected complete heads with valves springs etc... Or at least bare heads with new valve guides and reworked valve seats.
spiderjames
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Filed a dispute through paypal. Seller of course did not respond. Escalated it to a refund but paypal only enforces a refund if you didn't receive the items so I am screwed. Don't buy anything from this guy. Looks like maybe this is a shop that is closing so I guess he is just sending people whatever crap is lying about regardless if it is correct or what was implied in the ad.
Donny the bug guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, its true. brads a bad apple, and hes goin out of business. I will not deny I did have some good transactions, but by the end he was deliberately f*cking me over. I made a trade with him, and empi dual exhaust for a standard 1600 exhaust. he gave me a 1200 exhaust, so it wouldnt fit. I went back, but he was gone, accept for one of his cronies. I told him it wasnt right, so i wanted my old one back. He gave it to me, and I left the 1200 exhaust there. went back a week later to talk to him, and he got extremely agitated, and told us to get the f*ck out.

Several months later, I emailed him about a chassis he was selling. (didnt mention who I was. however after asking some questions, he no longer responded. I sent him an email several days later, saying I needed an answer soon, or I was going elsewhere, and he replied to that in a very unprofessional way. Others at VW shows have told me similar. its not just those here.

Save your money, go to someone who is professional about their work
Brad5
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:50 am    Post subject: Re: Brad's Beetlemania - [email protected] Reply with quote

Just reflecting on my feedback from years past. It is funny how I get good stuff from respected people?
Bad mouthing sellers back (maybe still) then was a way to get your parts and your money back too!
What negative was said about me then went over my head because I was too busy making thousands of good customers happy.
Not saying I did not 'F' up now and then---one man show and Canada Post was slow, but cheeeep! No customs duties.
The world has changed, lets hope for the better.
The scammers are worse, keep your guard up.
Vaccines are here.
Economy looks good.
Polish your VW or sand the pantia.
Lets hope in another 10 years we look back at 20/21 and say, well what will we say?
The Samba is the best and old VWs will never die.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: