Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Clutch cable tube question
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
dougrbutler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 8:10 am    Post subject: Clutch cable tube question Reply with quote

I have a question about a bracket on my clutch cable tube. I'm referring to the tube that the clutch cable goes into as it goes towards the rear of the bus. The tube is supposed to be held in place by a right angle bracket with a hole in it. The bracket is welded to the frame. My tube is loose and out of the bracket. Does anyone know what holds the tube in the bracket. It's a little tough to see while laying under my bus. It looks like the tube can slide down into the bracket, but mine slides back out. Am I confusing everyone? Because my tube keeps sliding up, the clutch cable clip (the one that holds the cable to the pedal) keeps popping loose.

Thanks in advance...

Doug
dancingwithbears
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hows it going,

i just gave my bus a cable and the tube that the cable goes into is welded on my bus. i can take a picture if you want.i hope this helps.

dancingwithbears
dougrbutler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Dancing,

Would love a photo of how the tube looks as it goes into the bracket. If you can show where the tube is welded to the bracket, that would be even better. I know that it's a tight squeeze up in there...thanks for going the extra mile.

Doug
Geetloaf Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Clutch cable tube question Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

This is the forward end of the clutch cable tube from a 1966 21 window restoration. It was originally a bit deformed and had a terrible kink in it that wouldn't allow for cable replacement. I opted to cut this section and fashion a splice/coupler for it instead of replacing the entire tube. The repair will be out of sight once the belly pans go on.

The only thing I'm missing is a measurement. Would anyone out there be kind enough to climb under their bus and confirm the length of tube sticking out of the frame cross support? I need the measurement from the frame, past the support bracket, to the flared end; just like in the picture. Thank you in advance.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Kb65single
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Clutch cable tube question Reply with quote

I have a 65 SC. My clutch tube measures 232mm or 9 1/8" from the front chassis cross brace to the end of the tube.
Geetloaf Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: Clutch cable tube question Reply with quote

Kb65single, thank you for taking that measurement for me. Very helpful.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: