Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Porsche cookie cutters on a stock width bay beam?
Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
topnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:09 am    Post subject: Porsche cookie cutters on a stock width bay beam? Reply with quote

I would like to fit some 6 inch cookie cutters to the front of a 71 bay window.

I`ll be fitting 944 front disc brakes with dropped spindles and i was going to be fitting a narrowed beam at the front, but i got thinking - do i even need the narrowed beam or will the standard width work?

Also, will the 7inch cookie cutters fit under the rear arches with adaptors or will i need redrilled drums?

i think the offsets are 6 inch - 23mm, 7 inch - 36mm

Cheers, Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
fastwagens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes they do fit. you just cant go really low.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
fastwagens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes they do fit. you just cant go really low.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
topnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one - thanks for the info.

I`m not planning on going ultra low anyway. I`ll fit them up when i get the bus to see how it looks clearance wise, but its good to know in advance whether i`ll have to budget for a narrowed beam.

Cheers, Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bug66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:10 am    Post subject: Re: Porsche cookie cutters on a stock width bay beam? Reply with quote

topnotch wrote:

I`ll be fitting 944 front disc brakes with dropped spindles and i was going to be fitting a narrowed beam at the front, but i got thinking - do i even need the narrowed beam or will the standard width work?

Also, will the 7inch cookie cutters fit under the rear arches with adaptors or will i need redrilled drums?

Cheers, Mike

6" = ET36
7" = ET23

Just for the record.. Smile
topnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: Porsche cookie cutters on a stock width bay beam? Reply with quote

bug66 wrote:
topnotch wrote:

Cheers, Mike

6" = ET36
7" = ET23

Just for the record.. Smile

well, i was close Wink
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: